Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Plowing horse animation with walking humanoid animations holding plow/working with reins?

Teila likes this.
  2. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I think that one might be more of a pull cart.. for like traders or farmers to pull by hand.. would be great to see a double team pulling one of the wagons that actually have a pivot on the front axle. Maybe we can bribe @S4G4N to add a double pole hitch for the wagons with pivot so a single horse can pull those too (for the lighter loads of course... wouldn't want to have the animal rights folks reporting us because we are cruelly overworking our horses by making one pull HUGE loads.. heheh)

But GREAT progress!!

Malbers likes this.
  3. smada-luap

smada-luap

Tooks the words straight off my keyboard :)

Malbers and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  4. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey man, I am very pleased to see this result :)

I have included many Carts and larger Wagons as part of the Village Exteriors Kit all exported and setup, ready to be used by developers exactly in this way.
    The Viking Village included demo scene worked out nice for showing this as well.

I am sure that many users will be able to use these animations once they included in the package.

Cheers
    Cobus

clarson2974 and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  5. IlyasMeyer

IlyasMeyer

Hello BUGGG
    I think your tutorial is not the day I followed TUTO when I get my personage that my standing ... how to adjust ?

6. Malbers

Malbers

The winged horse will be for the next next update :D

hahah good one, we don't want to disturb the animal protection fellas ...
    This is the first test for the cart pulling, I will add also the double horse power for wagons, but I realize that I have to add more turn animations, the ones I have now the horse turns around his own pivot, when a horse is pulling something the rotation pivot must be behind the horses:

But this is the first test, I finally got the hang of the infamous wheel collider :cool:,
    There still need to be done the reins and rig (models ) for the horse when they are pulling wagons, rig for one horse power and two horse power.

So ... there's a long road ahead .... hehe

Cheers
    Malbers

S4G4N and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  7. Malbers

Malbers

Hi ilyas are you using unity 5.4?? because is a pretty disturbing bug with the animations import on that version that I still struggling with. works fine with the unity 5.3 series

8. IlyasMeyer

IlyasMeyer

Thank you respon
    I use version BETA 5.4.0b22 is not advisable ?

9. Malbers

Malbers

That's Right, Unity 5.4 change the way of interpret the animations some how, I'm working on it , but when I fix it on 5.4 the 5.3 breaks, so Im still trying to make it work for both, I suggest to use any Unity 5.3

Cheers Malbers

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  10. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

It will be nice if the combat animations allow for the person riding the horse to fire in a direction that is not the same direction as the horse is going. Basically the ability to fire a weapon out the side and not just head on. Not just limited to just 90 degree angles off the side but any arbitrary angle.

What type of Rifle are you thinking of in the combat animations section? Is that just a single shot or semi-automatic or fully automatic or all of the above?

What type of bow are you thinking of? Is the normal bow or are you also include a cross bow in that list?

What about horses pulling a stage coach?

This is what I had in mind.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/corporate/stagecoach/

11. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Personally, I wouldn't recommend using beta unless you are actually just doing testing. For anything you are working on and developing something that you may release, stick with official releases. I usually only move my projects to a new release when forced to or if a new official release fixes something I need which was originally broken/wasn't in the release I was using before. Just because there is a new version doesn't always mean you need to upgrade.. :p But I'd definitely stay away from beta versions unless you are planning to test or at least go in expecting a lot of stuff may not work.. :)

Teila, hopeful and Malbers like this.
  12. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

They just released 5.4 Beta 24 too. Some developers do enjoy the risk of beta releases. :)

13. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

And sometimes you are forced to use a beta version because of the project stuck in such a state that a rollback would be more work than dealing with the issues. Personally I had to upgrade to the latest beta because of another asset throwing errors so it's like a chicken and egg kind of thing. So no horse riding in my project right now, hope this gets fixed before we actually integrate mounts in our project.

14. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Have fun.. :p

I'm sure @Malbers will get things figured out by the time 5.4 officially releases (or shortly thereafter).. That is one plus of the developers who are risky and live on the edge.. They can make the asset developers for assets they use aware of potential issues that may be in future versions..

Malbers likes this.
  15. Teila

Teila

True..but one major problem with that. Once the fixes are made, the asset developer has to be back and possibly "refix".

They cannot develop for a bugged version. It would require they do it over and over again until the versions are stable. So....if you want to use asset store products, accept the fact that they may not work on beta versions...which I am sure you all do, or wait to upgrade to the next version when it is stable and the assets you use have been updated.

It feels like I spend an eternity waiting for stable releases and updated assets. But that is my responsibility and my problem, not the problem of the asset store developers who are trying very hard to make everyone happy. If most people are using the stable version, it makes sense to develop for that.

Bhanshee00 and Malbers like this.
  16. IlyasMeyer

IlyasMeyer

Guy error I have a problem he asks me to add FIRE 3 in the input while your video is just Fire1 :

17. Malbers

Malbers

In the video I added a little youtube note for Fire3 too wich is "left shift" ... is for the sprint and cantering

18. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Hi Teila,

Sounds like you wish you were a software developer? :):):)

I would never expect any asset store developer to provide official support for a Unity beta release. I think unity asset store developers may appreciate the advance warning that there might be issues with their asset in a future release based on beta version.

NOTE: I did not ask for any support just enjoying the experience of using beta unity releases myself.

Teila likes this.
  19. IlyasMeyer

IlyasMeyer

Thank you ! :)

I have other cares its displays me more things down? I did not have her before I tried to re-import the asset but still .. how to adjust?

20. Malbers

Malbers

those are really Odd tags , trying deleting "Temp" and "Library" folders from the project folder. maybe that will fix it, These two folders will be regenerated after reopening the project (so keep in mind, it might take a little while depending on your project size).

21. Teila

Teila

No way! lol Scary.

22. jailbar

jailbar

I really hope you can get UFPS integrated for the next update! The video that I saw earlier looked nice that one particular user posted saying he got his working with UFPS. I hope you can have a breakthrough for that. Either way, it is looking pretty nice.

Looking forward to the new update.

23. Black_Raptor

Black_Raptor

Hi !

I use your great asset with Invector Third Person Controller, but i have some bad issue :/. ( Unity 5.3.0 version, last version of both asset )

And when i switch this part in comment line, my character didn't ride the horse propretly ( He ride the horse below the horse chest ).

Thanks !

24. Malbers

Malbers

Hi Gui205 Did you follow the tutorial for the integration?, I just did a clean project in unity 5.3.0; import both assets, follow the tutorial and worked fine, I cant send you a project with both assets working if you are still getting errors... if you want, just send me by my mail your invoice number and I will package for you( malbers.shark87@gmail.com)

PS by the way: on InvectorCompatible.cs instead of 'InitialSetup' is 'Init' now.. on the newest versions of Invector so is strange that 'Init' is throwing you an error if you have the latest Invector TCP

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  25. Malbers

Malbers

Is this true??? I'm in the old forum!!??

thanks to the old gods and the new :D:D:D

this is where we left of

Minor fixes Uploaded to HAP 2.0c (Pending Review)

-------------------
    July 8
    -Compatible with Unit 5.4 beta
    -Updated OpsiveCompatible (CameraStates)
    -Optimized HashID Animator Component method.
    -Fixed- Horse Crashes when exit on Unity 5.3.5f1
    -Removed RiderControlledMounted.cs (deprecated)
    -Change Again InitialSetup(old) -> Init(new) on InvectorCompatible.cs

Enjoy

Cheers
    Malbers

BackwoodsGaming and Teila like this.
  26. Malbers

Malbers

Hi @Alex3333

About the UPFS integration @clarson2974 was working on it ,
    meanwhile I've been working on the wagon feature, but with this whole unity forum Armageddon
    I haven't be able to contact him,

But the good news is unity is rolling back, and communications will be reestablished
    Sorry for the delay
    I will let you know when I have any update

27. zelgo

zelgo

updated today and this is still happening

it happens if i have a horse prefab dragged into the scene

28. Malbers

Malbers

Damn it I discover is due to the Animators Update mode and Culling mode, I wrote to Unity bugs and they said they solved on unity 5.4, I did my best working around it in the sample scene but I didn't test it outside the scene,

the solution I found was..
    1. remove the animator component
    2. add a new one
    3. select the horse animator 2.0
    4. select the corresponded avatar
    5. apply root motion enabled
    6. leave others setting as it is
    and that's it

29. zelgo

zelgo

thanks, that worked. i'm tempted to use the 5.4 beta since lighting is also finally fixed as far as I know, but I have a feeling using the beta will just cause more problems for me o_O

it's supposed to come out in july anyway. guess i'll wait

Malbers likes this.
  30. clarson2974

clarson2974

I sent Malbers the UFPS updates for him to look through about 5 minutes ago. I'm still working through some UFPS Network items, although I'm not sure if the network piece will be included or not in this next version. I'm leaving that up to Malbers. I need it for my project, but I'm having issues primarily with death or other things happening to the player while mounted. Outside of that the network support seems to be working (although not tested very much).

I'm sure we will need to do some work to also incorporate some of the new changes he is adding in so it will work with UFPS, so I'm not saying it's done ;) I also don't want to imply that anything will be out soon because there is still a lot of work to be done and that is only for Malbers to say, cause this is his baby. :cool: This is just an update as to the current status for the part that I am aware of.

31. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

@Malbers

Nice to be back on the old forums. It looks like your 2C version has been released in the asset store. You might want to update the forum thread to show that the current version is 2C rather than 2A.

Malbers likes this.
  32. celarain

celarain

The new version has got UFPS integration or its for next patch?

Malbers likes this.
  33. Malbers

Malbers

HAP 2.0c is just minor fixes.July 8
    -Compatible with Unit 5.4 beta
    -Updated OpsiveCompatible (CameraStates)
    -Optimized HashID Animator Component method.
    -Fixed- Horse Crashes when exit on Unity 5.3.5f1
    -Removed RiderControlledMounted.cs (deprecated)
    -Change Again InitialSetup(old) -> Init(new) on InvectorCompatible.cs

UPFS will be for the next big update, soon I hope.

34. Malbers

Malbers

Hi Guys I'm going Away on vacations to Cuba until August 5, that means almost no Internet, I will keep working on the new updates and new assets from there, I will try to check mail and forums every time I can, to help you if you run into any problems.

Happy riding to all

Goofy420 and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  35. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Thx you dude for that great asset and your work on Assets,have a good Time on Cuba :D

Malbers likes this.
  36. Teila

Teila

Lucky you! Have a great time. :) Wish I could visit Cuba.

Malbers likes this.
  37. Goofy420

Goofy420

coach.jpg chuck.jpg Request: Tandem horse controller for vehicles; stagecoach or chuck wagon. Works well at trotting speeds but at galloping speeds they begin to separate for some reason; possibly the horse controller using a random or set x-axis position alteration.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    Malbers, BackwoodsGaming and Teila like this.
  38. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Nice wagons @Goofy420! I haven't tried tandem yet, but this is definitely something I would be looking for as well.

39. Goofy420

Goofy420

Tandum horse drawn carriage:
    In HorseController.cs add these variables and check isTandum if the horses are pulling a wagon.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public bool isTandum = false;
    2. public HorseController tandumTwin;
    and edit Update() from
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (RiderAnimator == null)
    2.             {
    3.                 //---------------------------------------------------------------------------------New Script
    4.                 if (GetComponentInParent<Rider>())
    5.                     RiderAnimator = GetComponentInParent<Rider>().transform.GetComponent<Animator>();
    6.             }
    to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (RiderAnimator == null)
    2.             {
    3.                 //---------------------------------------------------------------------------------New Script
    4.                 if (FindObjectOfType<Rider>())
    5.                     RiderAnimator = FindObjectOfType<Rider>().transform.GetComponent<Animator>();
    6.             }
    7.             }
    and in Rider3rdPerson.cs:
    Edit function EnableMounting() and change
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (CharacterCamera) CharacterCamera.SetTarget(HorseCntler.transform);
    to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (CharacterCamera && !isWagon) CharacterCamera.SetTarget(HorseCntler.transform);
    2.         else if (CharacterCamera && isWagon) CharacterCamera.SetTarget(HorseCntler.transform.parent.transform);
    and edit Update() from
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (Can_Mount && !Mounted)
    2.             {
    3.                 if (Input.GetKeyDown(MountKey))
    4.                 {
    5.                     //Send to the Horse controller that mounted is active
    6.                     Mounted = true;
    7.                     HorseCntler.Mounted = Mounted;
    8.                     HorseCntler.Mountedside = Mountedside;
    9.                     anim.SetLayerWeight(MountLayer, 1);
    10.                     }
    11.                 }
    12.             }
    13.             else
    14.             {
    15.                 if (Mounted)
    16.                 {
    17.                     if (Input.GetKeyDown(MountKey) && HorseCntler.Stand)
    18.                     {
    19.                         Mounted = false;
    20.                         HorseCntler.Mounted = false;
    21.                     }
    22.                 }
    23.             }
    to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (Can_Mount && !Mounted)
    2.             {
    3.                 if (Input.GetKeyDown(MountKey))
    4.                 {
    5.                     //Send to the Horse controller that mounted is active
    6.                     Mounted = true;
    7.                     HorseCntler.Mounted = Mounted;
    8.                     HorseCntler.Mountedside = Mountedside;
    9.                     anim.SetLayerWeight(MountLayer, 1);
    10.                     //wagon
    11.                     if (HorseCntler.isTandum)
    12.                     {
    13.                         isWagon = true;
    14.                         HorseCntler.tandumTwin.Mounted = Mounted;
    15.                         HorseCntler.tandumTwin.Mountedside = Mountedside;
    16.                     }
    17.                 }
    18.             }
    19.             else
    20.             {
    21.                 if (Mounted)
    22.                 {
    23.                     if (Input.GetKeyDown(MountKey) && HorseCntler.Stand)
    24.                     {
    25.                         Mounted = false;
    26.                         HorseCntler.Mounted = false;
    27.                         //wagon
    28.                         if (HorseCntler.isTandum)
    29.                         {
    30.                             HorseCntler.tandumTwin.Mounted = Mounted;
    31.                             isWagon = false;
    32.                         }
    33.                     }
    34.                 }
    35.             }
    then in your tandum horse prefabs, there's a "Mount" GO with a LeftSide and RightSide GO. Remove the LeftSide from the right horse and remove the LeftSide form the right horse, and adjust the position of said leftSide/RightSide to be near the step bumper of your wagon. Also move the RiderParent, RiderLink, LeftIK, LeftKnee, RightIK, RightKnew GO's as children of your carriage frame, seat or something so the rider doesn't flow away when the carriage is in motion and adjust each of those GO's where you want the riders butt (RiderLink), feet (IK's) and knees (Knees).
    The horse mounting animation will work with the wagon, but a little more tweaking is necessary else it mounts/dismounts the seat in the center of the wagon instead of the sides.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  40. Nadan

Nadan

Hi I recently purchased your asset and it looks amazing. The animations are so lifelike!

In my mobile game the players will ride the horse, but not control it. In the game story the horse will carry the player far away to another place in the game because it is emergency.

So I'm using navMesh agent to move the horse. Player is riding the horse but can only look around and talk to the horse. My game is taking place in a magical world so yes, the horse can talk. :)

Anyway I'm not sure how to animate the horse right now with the navMesh agent. I think I will be simply use the running animation for now just to get things started (with Appy Root Motion unchecked). But it would be cool to somehow make the animation automatically change when the horse is turning, just like it does when you change the animator Speed and Horizontal parameters. So some kind of logic where you could place horse (or many horses with AI) in the game that would live a life on their own would be cool. You could set a NavMesh destination (or some alternative) for them and they would go there. And as they turn that would be animated.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  41. wood333

wood333

Hope you are having a fantastic vacation!
    I don't expect a response until your return, but I have two things for you to consider:

1. Animation Sets for the mounts. Already, this forum includes discussion of Horse Animset Pro ("HAP") that goes beyond the original design of one mount of type horse, evolving toward the inclusion of additional mount types (wagons, stagecoach, etc.). What will be required is a way to have different animations play on the rider based upon which mount he is riding. One approach is the way Invector handles attack animations for different weapons. Invector uses multiple animation sets identified by number. The design animator creates an animation set for each weapon, like "ax attack set". Each attack set has a number, let's say ax attack set is number 1. The animation set is selected in the weapon inspector, ie pick 1 for ax animations. The system (scripts) identify the equipped weapon and the proper animations are called on the character. There can be as many animation sets as the game has weapons.

Similarly, If HAP used something like animation sets, the designer could create animations for the rider in sets identified by number. We could select the set by picking the corresponding number in a box in the mount inspector. This way HAP plays wagon driver animations on the cowboy when mounted on the wagon, horse rider animations when on the horse, stagecoach animations when on the stagecoach, etc. Theoretically, we could use HAP for any mount. I think the demand for wagons, etc, is driving your asset in this direction, and if I had this capability now, I would already be using it.

2. Swimming without the Collider Floor. Your horse swim approach prevents diving below the surface of the water and causes our unmounted Invector player to stick in fall animation when he walks across the horizontal swim collider (what we call the "Jesus Effect"). May I respectfully suggest that you used ray casts to determine when the horse mount is over water, and at what depth. When the horse descends to swim depth, lock y to greater or equal than your swim depth. This eliminates the need for the swim collider. When the horse walks up the bank of the shore and leaves the water, switch off the swim animation. This eliminates the Jesus Effect and permits diving underwater. Then I can ride a Seahorse.;)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Malbers likes this.
  42. Goofy420

Goofy420

I use "Locomotion" for simple Navmesh AI and looks really good. Locomotion includes a sample "Agent" script that will do what you're asking.

Nadan likes this.
  43. Nadan

Nadan

Sounds good. Is this "locomotion" asset from asset store or is it something included with the Horse Animset Pro?

Malbers likes this.
  44. Goofy420

Goofy420

This is the original Locomotion System:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/5328

Just attach the Agent script and a NavMeshAgent to your horse and edit the animatorController for the horse. There's an example Locomotion animatorController you'll want to study, then create a NavMesh in your scene.

Malbers likes this.
  45. Malbers

Malbers

You can try what @Goofy420 said, the HorseController I give have not IA included.. yet, but It can be something to add in the future..

46. LudiKha

LudiKha

Great work on the package!

Can you please share the 5.4 animation fix or point me in the direction as to how it can be resolved?

Other than that looking forward to what you're going to cook up with the next release!

47. Malbers

Malbers

Are you having any other issue in 5.4??
    I solved the Stand in horse problem on the Unity 5.4

any problem please let me know

48. LudiKha

LudiKha

Just that one! Already figured it out - Baking Y position upon center of mass

one_one and Malbers like this.
  49. Sphelps

Sphelps

Assets/Horse/Compatible/InvectorCompatible.cs(41,13): error CS0103: The name `inputType' does not exist in the current context

50. Malbers

Malbers

Invector Update his asset, I will check what changed and get back to you
    If you have initialSetup() instead on Init() change it and thats it

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016