Search Unity

[Solved ]Horrible Bug with rigidbodies and collision matrix.

Discussion in 'Physics' started by earrgames, May 13, 2016.

1. earrgames

earrgames

Hi! in all my years using unity never encountered such a serious engine bug, and I say is engine bug because I can reproduce it in any project I create, this happened in 5.3.1f1 and updated to 5.3.2f1 (due to conection problems I could not download direclty the last version, just borrowed from another guy), so I have no idea if the bug persist in new versions, I don't even know if is a problem with my computer because that other person supposedly is not getting the bug, the thing is this, when you are using a character controller (normal one or rigidbodies too) and you walk toward moving rigidbodies their collision is briefly detected like a millisecond, then is descarted, this causes an stutter in the controller, now the thing is that the collision are ocurring even when DISABLING the collision in collision matrix, so I attached the project, is a simple scene just hit run and run toward the particles, you will notice an stutter or jitter, whatever is called, check the layer collision matrix and the object layers, if you don't encounter any bugs(please reportyour version) then is a problem with my pc, which I would like to know how to clean install unity. The bug happens too in the final build.

PD: I'm using rigidbody particles because of reasons, I'm just reproducing the error in my current big project and the entire collision thing is foocked up, this even happen with kinematic rigidbodies that are not moving.

Thanks a lot!

Attached Files:

2. earrgames

earrgames

Anyone? any sort of help is appreciated I need to keep going with my project lol.

3. earrgames

earrgames

Just Installed the last Unity 5.3.4f1 (64-bits), installed new standard assets and STILL the problem persist, I can't be the only one with this problem, I didn't do anything weird, as I said look the project and the collison matrix, please someone help I'm going mad with this thing :/

4. earrgames

earrgames

Is not a bug, my bad, the problem was inside the character controller script, while I can ignore all layers the script still SphereCast agains every singlelayer inside the script, so after editing it now it works like a charm. I'm very sorry for saying it was a bug.

HiddenMonk likes this.