Search Unity

Hololens Traing?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by 3dgreg, Jul 17, 2016.

1. 3dgreg

3dgreg

Not sure what section to post this in but here goes. I'm addicted to Hololens, majorly addicted. I've been creating 3D assets in Maya for a number of years (and recently started studying C#). Then, I found Hololens. I'm looking for a detailed class in creating assets specifically for use in Hololens. Does anyone have anything up their sleeves they could point me to? I'm working through Hololens 101, etc, but so far that's all I can find. Thanks in advance.

2. monkeybrainz

monkeybrainz

other than the Academy Training, i haven't found much either other than some blog posts. We are pioneers! I'd had some success with figuring out how to importing/exporting models in/out and then painting them with HoloStudio if you need help with that.

I get the addicted to HoloLens part :D I can't imagine going to back to working another way now. I completely expect there to be a floating 50" screen in my kitchen so i can watch YouTube while cooking and working remotely in Starbucks is more fun with sharks swimming around

I'll post back if I find something. btw PM me if you want to experiment with Skype on HL or something. I don't know anyone else with one of the units. I'm here to learn how to develop a multi-player game for HoloLens and will need someone to test with at some point (I'm no where near there yet)

Attached Files:

3. TerraSame1

TerraSame1

Hi...
    A good friend of mine who works for Microsoft is working on a Wiki for the HoloLens.
    This might help, check it out. http://www.wikiholo.net
    Then, I noticed that the MS Galaxy Explorer Project is now open source so if you dissect that project you could learn a ton of good tricks. Hope this helps... :)