Search Unity

Hoba Wars - Android Arcade

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by yoojo, Jul 22, 2015.

1. yoojo

yoojo

Hello Unity Community,

thanks to you and the free Unity Engine my first game is finally ready and i'm proud to present

Endless arcade action for true highscorers to enjoy, it's hard but the player will always know he can improve!

Inspired by Whac'A Mole, Hoba Wars not only got rid of all the moles but added lots of cool stuff instead.
    Starting with 30 seconds left the player gains additional time by beating evil Hoba and looses even more if Green Hoba are hit.
    Unfortunately, there are this never ending drones trying to kill them all, stop them to survive.
    Activate Powerbombs to freeze time, multiply the multiplier, or to just add some important seconds of lifetime.
    Furthermore, there is an optional bossfight which can be started to win the Hoba Wars anytime, but the boss weakens over time and scores a lot more later... try to survive first.

Featuring Google Play to unlock fun achievements and post scores to public and social leaderboards.
    Featuring Facebook to share the latest scores, invite friends and watch the friends leaderboard.

Completely free to win!
    One In-App to turn off the advertising after each round.

Google Play
    Homepage
    Trailer:

I'm happy with any kind of feedback, have a look :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  2. yoojo

yoojo

I just updated Hoba Wars because i felt like obtaining Powerbombs was far too demotivating. Powerbombs are now unlimited and free to let the player focus on reaching a new highscore every round instead of just collecting enough rubys to start a serious try. The trailer will be updated soon, too.

When i first wrote this thread it was really short because i just wanted to get my first words out of the game and didn't really look around how to do this right. Luckily this was my first post (while developing i didn't had a unique question, thanks to this forum and the well written docs :)) and this thread went first public on page 2. Now i edited my first post to provide you with more info, enjoy! :)