Search Unity

Hit UNET CCU Limit

Discussion in 'UNet' started by zanders33, Mar 18, 2016.

1. zanders33

zanders33

Hello,

Got a strange thing going on where I have hit the 20 CCU limit testing locally.

I've not got any unity instances or any builds of my game open anywhere yet https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/multiplayer/ says I'm using 16 CCU. Whenever I open up Unity again and try to create a new match (ListMatches returns an empty list) it returns an error saying I've hit the CCU limit for my project id.

I'm the only person playing this game - how can I have hit the CCU limit all by myself? :) Am I going to have to wait for the count to go down?

Thanks!

Zero123 likes this.
  2. JeremyUnity

JeremyUnity

Hi @zanders33
    I'm sorry to hear that, lets see if we can fix that.

There's an edge condition we're currently aware of where if you create CCUs in one region, then never connect to that region again, they may not free up until another client connects to that region.

As a test, could you try connecting to each region by putting these values in to the config for the network manager to see if any work for you?

US: us1-mm.unet.unity3d.com
    EU: eu1-mm.unet.unity3d.com
    AP: ap1-mm.unet.unity3d.com

I'm currently working on a fix, but this will help identify if you're run into this issue.

3. zanders33

zanders33

Hello,

So I've run this test by changing the match host config in the Network Manager:

us1-mm.unet.unity3d.com
    Create Failed:[[UnityEngine.Networking.Match.CreateMatchResponse]-success:False-extendedInfo:Failed; CCU exceeded for appId=xxxxx]-address:,port:0,networkId:0x0000000000000000,nodeId:0x0000,usingRelay:False
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkManager:OnMatchCreate(CreateMatchResponse)
    GameNetworkManager:OnMatchCreate(CreateMatchResponse) (at Assets/Code/GameNetworkManager.cs:31)
    UnityEngine.Networking.Match.<ProcessMatchResponse>c__Iterator0`1:MoveNext()

eu1-mm.unet.unity3d.com
    Works fine! :)

ap1-mm.unet.unity3d.com
    Also works fine!

I am UK based... so I guess I've hit this issue?

Thanks

Edit: My CCU is now at 4 again :)

4. jinnindo

jinnindo

It's a much needed relief to see this topic. I've had similar problems, but a very hard time finding answers.
    I take it Forums is a better way to get help than Answers?

Lurking having failed, I'm unsure how to deal with this. Should elaborate on the problems here?

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ive just run into this problem too...

6. Zero123

Zero123

i am also actively seeing this problem, please have it resolved as fast as you can.

7. JeremyUnity

JeremyUnity

Hi Everyone,
    I am actively working on this right now and it should be fixed in the next server prop. I'll post a sticky when it's up.

8. jinnindo

jinnindo

Can I ask, what is a prop, and what is and where do we find sticky's? How long might this take?

9. JeremyUnity

JeremyUnity

@jinnindo A prop is a new server build that's deployed to our data center. I don't have an ETA but this is being worked on currently, and will need to be thoroughly tested by our QA before release as well.

Stickies are just the posts that are permanently attached to the top of the Multiplayer forum list here

kwoncentvishi and jinnindo like this.
  10. iggkrajc

iggkrajc

I am also experiencing this problem with my local game. At 20 CCUs and now have no way to develop my game.......

Any updates?

11. iggkrajc

iggkrajc

This is still happening, and I havent heard an update on any front. Can we sticky a thread and track this issue somewhere??

Im still unable to continue any development until this is fixed.

thegreatzebadiah and GrymmyD like this.
  12. GrymmyD

GrymmyD

@JeremyUnity can you please confirm or deny that this is still an open issue and that the Unity Multiplayer team is currently working on its resolution? This is a pretty serious bug as far as I can see.

13. iggkrajc

iggkrajc

I have already started to move on from uNet.

UNET IS NOT A PRODUCTION READY SERVICE.

You have been warned

14. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

Apparently this issue is spanning across multiple threads so here's my input from the first thread I found on the subject. Also we should get an eta or at least some type of communication about this as it halts development and UNet is now advertised by Unity as a public service. This was originally reported almost a month ago.

I'm sad to say I'm experiencing this too and thought I have done something or an update broke my logic, wasted time on my end. I'd love to hear from Unity a cause and solution for this bug.

It seems the mm server is keeping our destroyed matches so when querying for games the matches that should not exist are appearing in the list while the CCU keeps rising. Restarting Unity, or my machine does not have an effect on this count, so I'm lead to believe this is the actual mm server or something to that degree. The mm server should destroy the game when the player's are not in it after a timeout, this is not happening, it's as if the mm server is not responding to requests to leave or destroy the match.

15. GrymmyD

GrymmyD

To be clear @TurnTheGameOn, the backend used to clean up orphaned games just fine. The behaviour we're seeing where they don't get cleaned up started happening in the past few weeks.

16. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

Yes I will agree with that, the OP is from March 18, just started seeing this yesterday actually. I want to say about 2 or 3 weeks ago when I was last testing everything was working fine.

17. carmine

carmine

Can we get an update or some ETA on this issue?

18. moco2k

moco2k

This issue seems to be serious enough to be a showstopper for any game that goes into live production state. IMO, after this issue had been noticed, the UNET service live launch should have been withdrawn, or at least a note should have been placed into the sticky launch information post.

It's about time to improve on communication mechanisms here.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    carmine, GrymmyD and thegreatzebadiah like this.
  19. thegreatzebadiah

thegreatzebadiah

Not to disparage the Unity team or anything because I'm sure they really are working hard, but I waited 8 months to get any kind of response at all on the status of nat-punchthrough. All I really wanted to know is if it is ever going to be implemented at all. To this day I could not tell you the answer to that question. So...don't hold your breath @moco2k

Please, Unity team, you've got to communicate with us. Bad news is so much better than no news, and some good news would be real great!

[Edit] Annnd I'm now at 100% CCU usage with no one running the game... :(

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    carmine, GrymmyD and Stephen_O like this.
  20. GrymmyD

GrymmyD

Seriously - we need some more communication here.

21. larus

larus

Unity Technologies

On update on the issue: the fix is ready and being propped and QAd in our staging environment, there were some issues we needed to sort out with the deployment but it should be done soon. Since there is some uncertainty about this I can't promise an exact time, as soon as I know more I'll report it here.

22. GrymmyD

GrymmyD

Thank you!!

23. Wenamun

Wenamun

I can throw my hat onto the growing pile of people facing this issue. I opened my project today and without having changed anything whatsoever suddenly the matchmaker stopped functioning. I don't know if this issue is the cause, but I do know that my CCU numbers have never dropped despite none of my registered network projects even running. Please get on this Unity!

24. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

Ok my CCUs are all at 0 which is good, but CreateMatch request is returning the following:

-Failed to connect to mm.unet.unity3d.com port 443: Connection refused
    This happens when I use the default mm.unet.unity3d.com .

The following allow connections without error:

eu1-mm.unet.unity3d.com
    us1-mm.unet.unity3d.com
    ap1-mm.unet.unity3d.com

25. axldoyle

axldoyle

@larus I get these errors when attempting to list matches

Request error: Could not resolve host: mm.unet.unity3d.com

Raw response:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    LobbyManagerScript.ListMatches (UnityEngine.Networking.Match.ListMatchResponse matchListResp)

*Fixed this issue by changing match host to eu1-mm.unet.unity3d.com

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  26. Wenamun

Wenamun

I checked my Unet dashboard today and am overjoyed to announce my CCU are back down to 0!
    Now I'll have to see if the matchmaking service is back online or not.

27. Wenamun

Wenamun

Update: So the CCU # is dropping appropriately whenever a connection is destroyed, but the # itself still seems to be wrong when connections are present.

Example: I host a game via the NetworkManager. Even if only one player (the host) is connected, my CCU # is 2. Is that normal? Does a host immediately count as 2 CCU? That seems odd.

28. JeremyUnity

JeremyUnity

@Wenamun
    The CCU count will skip down to 0 as you describe on the account service page until we deploy a fix for it today. It's a cosmetic issue that doesn't affect your overall CCU count.

The other CCU behavior you describe is normal. We preallocate CCUs, so when a match is created if the max size is 4 we immediately decrement 4 from your global CCU count. This is done so clients are never placed in a position where they are unable to join a game because the global CCU pool is out of room. If we didn't do this then worst case your game could have a situation where you have 200 games of 1 client each and the first client that goes to join any of those would be denied.

That said, if you're on metered billing you're not charged anything for this; we bill per GB bandwidth used. Because of this there's no additional charge for using up more CCUs without having more clients connected.

Stephen_O and GrymmyD like this.
  29. Wenamun

Wenamun

Thanks for the explanation Jeremy! That makes perfect sense.

30. ladismad

ladismad

Hey, was this ever fixed? I have just encountered this issue - I am stuck on 15 CCU usage, though when I list matches there is nothing.
    To be fair, I did do something weird - I hosted a match that was left running afk for hours, and probably lost connection at some point. This match exactly is the issue; though this was yesterday, CCU usage is still on 15 (the size of the room), though it is gone. Is there anything I can do about this? My game is published and nobody can host online matches currently...

31. larus

larus

Unity Technologies

This was a while ago but I think the particular issues discussed in this thread were sorted out. Could be something for your particular projects, you could send a mail to multiplayer @ unity3d.com with the project ID this happened on, and we'll have a look at it.

32. Nikolat93

Nikolat93

I just got this issue today too. One dead game always gets called on matchmaker list and 2 CCUs are consumed.

33. Erfan1386

Erfan1386

hi I have twoproblems with unity unet.
    firstly I cannot connect to host or make a match anymore and my ccu usage is 19 but I'm the only guy having my game in earth .
    secondly a few days ago that it was working I was getting timeout error in random points. please HELPPPPPPP