Search Unity

hint on how to make the rewind and play feature

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by CyberTurboPlays, Jul 6, 2015.

1. CyberTurboPlays

CyberTurboPlays

hi guys
    i know its nothing new about this rewind and play feature,but just wondering what would be the best approach, if there is one/any?

any suggestion/hints would be appreciated

i thought about it and the straight answers come to mind is that evey obj that will hav rewind effect will have its own recording faculty, in which, position, rotation, scale etc will be monitor and keep record evey some time interval. then it comes to animation, 2D sprite anim will just need to play frame backward at the same speed(i guess!), but how about 3D anims, can i just simply rewind the clip simply call something like playreverse(from memory, i dont think machanim have reverse play clip, i could be wrong on this). anyhow, what about if physic was involved? do i keep recording the transform data(caluculated by physic runtime), and when the time needed for rewind, disable physic then move them backward according to what has been recorded?

all of these do sound trouble some, so there is gotta be a better way, plz inform me

thanks

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

The answer depends a lot on your use case. Can you describe exactly how you would expect this to work in game?

3. CyberTurboPlays

CyberTurboPlays

have not really decide it anything solid yet,but,i want rewind play anytime anywhere during a level, that is for sure. possibly for a limited time range

really wanna see how others have implemented this

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  4. blizzy

blizzy

Perhaps Chronos is for you? I don't own a license myself, so I can't comment on it. Just saw it on the asset store the other day.

5. CyberTurboPlays

CyberTurboPlays

thx for letting me know, that plugin sounds way more complex than my straight thoughts

6. blizzy

blizzy

Yeah, its feature set looks quite impressive.