Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

DAILY DEAL 50% OFF Heroic Fantasy "Werecreatures" Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... sounds good. More variety is always great from a developer perspective but not a big deal. I can swich a sword for a magic staff myself and just use the sword strike animation as a spell casting animation. Not a big deal.

An archer or crossbow dude would be awesome though as I can't really fudge one of those as easily. But not a biggie if that's not in your plans. Will buy either way.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  2. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Was thinking about which one could potentially use a range weapon such as the bow, I think I can come up with the weresnake for that: bow and a spear could work.

3. Enoch

Enoch

Since I assume these will all be a Mecanim Humanoid. It should be possible to retarget these with other weapon animations I assume? Will there be a tremendous problem if say for instance I give the wereboar a crossbow animation? It may not be as smooth as a natural animation but with some cleanup with skele, it should be possible no?

4. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

well here, the werehog has one additional bone in the leg (horse bone) which means you'd have to consider this horse bone as the foot, it can lead to weird looking animations. Not sure if you can consider all of them as mecanim humanoid, maybe more as mecanim generic for the most part. You can make some tests on your end, but on my end I wouldn't recommend using them that way, just to avoid having to deal with customers not satisfied since I'm definitely not advertising this product that way.

5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey you guys! Little update: Weranglerfish is in the pipe. Here is a quick screencap of the rough Zbrush version. No polish or high frequency details added yet. But this gives a good overview of what it'll look like.

Hope you guys will like it.
    Cheers! :)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Nice ... looking really cool. Any chance of adding a bite attack animation? He has such a big mouth, it seems appropriate. :)

7. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

totally yep, absolutely appropriate.

8. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Weranglerfish is now modeled (low poly 9188 Tris + trident 934 Tris), textured (both PBR and LEGACY), rigged and skinned. It will have a trident as weapon but will also use its spiky fins and huge mouth to attack. Here is a render. Hope you guys will like it.

Sliceandkill likes this.
  9. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Sweet ... seriously awesome. Will there be an illumination map to add light to the lure on it's head?

10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Yep there is an illumination map, no worries.

11. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I might also add a little particle emitter to add some kind of a halo as well. Since I want an attack to blind it's enemies with some kind of a big flah.

12. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

A blinding attack ... that sounds brilliant ... I hadn't considered that. I can see this guy being converted to a wizard pretty easily if I switch out the trident for a wizard's staff. Looking forward to using it.

13. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Great looking character rosor.
    - What shader are you using for the Legacy setup?
    - And Legacy includes diffuse, normal, spec, gloss (oppacity if needed) textures?
    Really awesome blending on the skin!

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Looks very cool, is the bundle with all creatures going to be released alongside this 3rd creature ?

15. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

It'll have an attack reaching forward with the trident, kind of like in 300. So this animation would be the one you wanna use for your spell I think.

16. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Legacy shader used in unity will simply be a self illuminated bumped specular one, using diffuse with specular in alpha channel, illumination map and normal map. The diffuse in legacy has most of a standard lighting baked.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  17. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Yes, the pack will be launched upon release of this third creature. Price of the pack ($74.90) won't be super advantageous at that point, but you'll have all the 5 following add-ons for free.

18. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Awesome ... can't wait. Will be a first day purchase.

19. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad to see you in! :) A little more patient, the creature should be ready by Monday if everything goes well, same for the pack's initial release. Almost done with the animations using the trident, then the ones without. Character should have a set of around 40 ish animations

20. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey guys! Weranglerfish will be live tomorrow! Here is the sketchfab viewer to make you guys chew on something to stand the wait.

Sliceandkill likes this.
  21. hopeful

hopeful

There's probably no easy way to do this, but is it possible to give the wereanglerfish something like a slight iridescence to his scales, or maybe just a little something more to make the scales pop? The texture is nice and shiny, but seems somehow a little dull, if that makes sense.

Maybe something in a detail texture ...? I don't know, just throwing wild stuff out now. ;)

22. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Will try to play,around with the specular colors. I already did some tests that weren't quite successful. .. will give it another shot maybe. Detail will just be in the albedo and won't give the result you're thinking of...

hopeful likes this.
  23. hopeful

hopeful

Well, it doesn't specifically have to be iridescence, though that would be cool. Maybe something like blue spider veins could help add color interest.

Or maybe some colored metallic glitter? (Maybe that's what you meant by specular colors.)

24. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

It would be best if it would look like iridescence though. I'm using the specular set up so yeah the fake effect should be place in here. I'll also raise a little bit the levels in the albedo.

25. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

All right I think I nailed it. (hope so...) @hopeful : can you check again the player? I tweak the albedo a bit, more saturated and added some fake iridescent colors in the specular map. Add some pretty nice details to the shading. Let me know what you think.

26. hopeful

hopeful

It would be easier to see the difference with old and new side by side, but if I'm remembering the old one right, the new version has a lot more secondary coloration to it - mainly on the dorsal side - which is largely the effect I was looking for.

The light playing over the scales looks great, too.

So ... looks good to me! :)

27. hopeful

hopeful

BTW, I was just reviewing the art for the three models already done ... and this is really looking like a high quality set!

28. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@hopeful: I know you're mostly looking for next gen stuff, so your opinion matters. Some others are just going to use the legacy versions and optimize the geometry with some cruncher plugin I assume, to be able to use them in a mobile project. ( @Rajmahal ;))

29. hopeful

hopeful

I do appreciate the effort to make the assets be of higher quality, desktop / next gen / etc. The bosses pack and this pack have got to be among the highest quality character assets in the store.

As for mobile, it's usually fairly easy these days to go from the higher res model to the lower res model, esp. since you are providing mobile friendly textures along with the PBR. (And I bet these guys will look awesome on mobile.)

30. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Yes, the cruncher plugin is a big help for creation of LODs from the higher rez ones . I'm also really trying to please both world by providing legacy content to users (animations and shaders). As for how they look like on mobile, I'm sure @Rajmahal will make good use of it and maybe share some screenshots of his WIP.

hopeful likes this.
  31. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hey rosor - the anglerfish looks really great - especially the texture work.
    There is however an oddity to the trident attack animations. The way he holds the trident so far back with one hand and thrusts is unnatural looking.
    I looked over the animation several times so I could see why it doesn't look right, and it is because this thrusting motion, with the weapon held so far back with one hand, would only be performed with a stepping motion.
    A stepping motion would also allow a two handed thrust if you wanted.

All other animations are top quality - especially the floppy feet treatment you have given it. Sorry to mention the thrust motion, but I figured some customers would ask about this eventually, so probably better to correct it now so it won't be needed in the future.

32. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Mmm, I'm not sure exactly which animation you're talking about, there is only one animation where he's only holding the trident with one hand, it's the circular blow... the other one he's holding it with two hands, but it's the main hand that is doing all the power job, the second hand is here as an aiming helper. See 300 movie to know what I mean. Let me know if it's the animation you're thinking of. I wanted to do the animation that way because he already have claw / fins attack for close combat so giving some extra range with the trident would make sense to me.

33. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

hey you guys! Heroic Fantasy Were-Creatures Pack is now live on the Asset Store!

DIRECT LINK TO ASSET STORE
    Weranglerfish is now live as well
    WEB PLAYER
    DIRECT LINK TO ASSET STORE

Next were creature to come will be the wererhino. Not sure when this one will be ready since there is some freelance gig in the way...

theANMATOR2b and hopeful like this.
  34. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

No - it was the first straight spear jab attack I was talking about after the side step animations. If you see the links I provided - the attacks look more natural with a forward step, but I can understand your reasoning for creating the animations that way.
    Great job on the first pack. Looking forward to seeing your next creation.

35. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Yep, if these are similar to Rosor's other characters .. they can definitely be converted to Mobile use. Just use Cruncher of SimpleLOD to create LOD versions. I've switched over to SimpleLOD for my use as it also merges submeshes into a single mesh, which is great for mobile.

You can find loads of Rosor's characters in use in my current project here:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/demons-rise-tactical-turn-based-rpg-on-ios.349098/

36. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

when will this pack be available on your store?

37. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

hey Raj! a little bit later. need to do some few things before making it hit PROTOFACTOR STORE. Nice work on your project by the way. I'm on Android as well, don't hesitate to let me know when it gets available on google play. though I'd rather play it on Fire TV, looks like a game that could be played on a big screen too. Maybe you should consider porting it to this platform as well.

38. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Will definitely go to Kindle but I don't know about Fire Tv. I'd had to adapt it for game controller support and I honestly have no idea how I would do that. I guess I could look at how games like XCOM use game controllers as inputs as inspiration.

39. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I can try to take a look at how it was handled in Stellar Ghosts, if I can find some pieces of code that I can share with you to help. You might have better sales on Fire TV than on kindles.
    By the way, Heroic Fantasy Were Creatures Pack is now live on PROTOFACTOR STORE. You can now place your order.

Pack update: Should be able to show the rough version of the wererhino today...

40. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Manage to put more time in that expected. Started on adding the high frequency details to the model.
    Here is a screen capture of the WIP:

Sliceandkill likes this.
  41. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Awesome tree trunk mace!

42. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

This thing is going to give him some crazy smashing animations. Pretty inspiring. He'll also have some bare fists attacks though.

hopeful likes this.
  43. hopeful

hopeful

He'll have optional clothing as well, I assume? (I'm always thinking of applications outside the fantasy genre.)

44. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Yep, it'll be possible to toggle on / off some elements: earing, hornring, bracelet and the pelt skin with belt buckle. It will remain in,some kind of speedo...

45. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

little update: almost done with the retopo and baking, just need to finish up the retopo on the props. Model will then be ready for rigging and skinning.
    Here is what it looks like so far (keep in mind that it's still a WIP and the texturing is not polished or just a temporary one from the color IDs).

46. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Wererhino is now rigged and skinned. The props are now retopo-ed. Model will be 14726 Tris total (body: 9300 Tris / weapon: 2240 Tris / Pelt Skin: 2282 Tris / Bracelet: 336 Tris / hornring: 72 Tris / earing: 96 Tris) and will use 3 Materials ( body, weapon, props). rig is 51 bones. Still need to do the final texturing both Legacy and PBR...

cheers! :)

hopeful likes this.
  47. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Brilliant stuff ... looks really great.

48. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

thanks raj, glad you like it. not sure when I'll be able to create the animation since some freelance work is on the way... But for sure, next week it'll be ready.

49. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Little update: 30 animations so far for the wererhino. 20 to go... total of 50 animations in his set. Model should be ready by Wednesday if everything goes well...

50. hopeful

hopeful

There IS an ear-wiggling animation, right? ;)