Search Unity

HEROIC FANTASY CREATURES FULL PACK VOLUME 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, May 22, 2014.

1. Ramsdal

Ramsdal

Looks awesome! ;) Works perfectly for my underground magma area im sure! ;)

2. red2blue

red2blue

What a nice puppy.... :) Good work! He looks really nice!

3. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

look so good, will it require lot of work if you make a mono head version of this? i guess it would require a second fbx

4. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you guys like it so far...
    yeah, way too much work to make it a single headed dog... and wouldn't make sense since it's cerberus.

5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

All right you guys! Cerberus is now live on PROTOFACTOR STORE ($25.50) and Unity Asset Store ($30).

DIRECT LINK
    WEB PLAYER to check it out in real time
    The upgrade is currently being processed by the Asset Store's servers / team... Will let you guys know once the update is live.

Download links have been sent to those who purchased from PROTOFACTOR STORE.

6. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Awesome ... looks fantastic. Love the lava / demonic skin.

7. schmosef

schmosef

Very impressive. In your demo, the animations transition flawlessly.

Is this mecanim or are you doing something special? I ask because the dog is obviously not humanoid. Maybe you're using a humanoid rig, just bent over?

If it is mecanim, it would be awesome to create blend trees where one or two heads are knocked out and the third is still active.

8. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey guys. Thanks for the kind words. It was pretty nice working on Cerberus.

Cerberus is not using a Humanoid rig, there is an additional bone in the rear legs etc... model should work perfectly with generic mode and legacy mode. Demo is using the legacy mode.

9. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Cerberus update is now live on the Asset Store. Customers who purchased from there, please make sure to download the latest update to receive the Cerberus Add-On. V1.181

Happy thanksgiving to those who celebrate it! Cheers.

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great model as usual :)

I have imported the latest group of monsters and have a blast playing with them :), so cool models and possibilities. Especially love the Hellrot, these will soon be flying around my worlds most sinister places :)

What is next on the list ? Cant wait to see some more coolness :)

11. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@nasos_333 : thanks for the kind words. Next Add-On will be the giant beetle.

12. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey guys! Little update: Giant Beetle is now modeled, textured, rigged skinned and the animations are all almost done. Should be available during the week end.
    Just created a teaser web player (60Mb) with the giant beetle and the dwarf, to show the creatures proportion and its animations.
    CHECK IT OUT HERE
    Hope you guys will like it.
    Cheers :)

13. Archania

Archania

Awesome! looks fantastic. Great job!

14. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks Archania! glad you dig it!

Giant Beetle is now live on the Asset Store ($25) and PROTOFACTOR STORE ($21.25)
    DIRECT LINK TO ASSET STORE
    UPDATED WEB PLAYER
    Download links have been sent to those who purchased the pack from PROTOFACTOR STORE. The update is currently being processed by the Asset Store's server / team. Will keep you guys posted regarding its status.
    Cheers :)

15. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

this one is brilliant ... great job!

16. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks for the kind words Rajmahal. :)

Latest addition to the pack, giant beetle, is now live on the Asset Store. To those who purchased from there, please make sure to download the latest version: v1.19 in order to get this Add-On.

17. Ramsdal

Ramsdal

Awesome again perfect addon for my underground \o/ thanks.. What is next in line? ;)

18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you can find a place for it Ramsdal! Next in the pipe might be a christmas surprise... still a little bit hesitating... this one might take a little longer to create than the others...
    will keep you guys posted.

Ramsdal likes this.
  19. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey guys! This pack is at 50% OFF on the ASSET STORE from 12/09/2014 to 12/16/2014. Only $137.50 for 21 creatures!! Don't miss such a bargain.
    cheers

20. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Here is the current state of the next Add-On to come. Darkness Warlord will be a nice giant bruiser to add to your project. Still a lot of work to do before finishing the high rez version. But you guys have already a good overview of what it'll look like.

Don't forget that this Pack is currently on sale at 50% OFF on the Asset Store and will include 9 free Add-Ons.
    Cheers! :)

21. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Wow .... I don't remember this guy in the original designs. Is he a bonus?

22. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

That's because there wasn't any concept for this one yet.

23. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Oh .... is this the darkness warrior? Looks great so far. Any weapons planned for him?

24. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

glad you like it so far! Yep I renamed it from darkness warrior to darkness warlord. It'll be the same weapon that was mentioned before: a spiky metal bowl linked to its right wrist by a chain.

25. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Here is a version updated, tomorrow model should be able to be polypainted after doing all the final touches, polishing and fine details. Helmet will be show/hide able. the body armor will be a second skinned mesh renderer. Spiky shield, left forearm armor and leg armor will be separate objects attached to the rig.

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

Epic !!! :)

27. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks nasos_333, glad you like it so far.

6 days left before medieval melee sale ends! You can get 21 creatures right now for only $137.50, less than $7 per character! You can't miss such a good deal.

28. Ramsdal

Ramsdal

Indeed, looks awesome as always ;)

29. Aishiteru

Aishiteru

Can i use this models in ue4 projects ?

30. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Why couldn't you? there are a few people who are already using some PROTOFACTOR models in UE4. The only problem is how to set up the UE4 shader to take care of the specular embed in the alpha channel. I know a customer who did that real fast and easy.

31. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Little update: Darkness warlord high Rez is almost totally polypainted... retopo should start tomorrow.

Don't forget to grab the pack while it's on sale at 50% OFF on the Asset Store!

32. Aishiteru

Aishiteru

Just wondering about the license to do so

33. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Not sure why Unity wouldn't allow you to do whatever you want with the license of the models you own.
    Maybe you should ask unity or purchase from PROTOFACTOR STORE.

34. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

This is fantastic ... looks like an orc warlord.

35. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

His hands might be a bit big though ... any chance of making them slightly smaller?

36. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

can we disable renderer of all the armor parts?

37. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

It depends a little bit also on the point of view. Wanted to make them kinda big. Might want to reduce the size slightly though. Thanks for your input.

38. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Not really, some are totally part of the base body: feet and thighs. Wanted to split the whole thing in order to optimize a bit with idea that the character is supposed to wear the while armor. Only the helmet was designed to be show/hide able and still look good. It'll still be possible to show/hide some other stuff though: chest and shoulder armor, shield and chin armor.

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Very cool, love the armor too

Here is also some of the work on Volcrate with my particle system for the feather simulation and emission, it was a great inspiration.

http://i.imgur.com/VIcfFcs.png

40. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Oh my! This is so cool! You might be able to emit some nice fire particles from cerberus as well I think. Awesome stuff.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  41. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Only 5 days left to get 21 creatures for $137.50 only. Head to the Asset Store and enjoy a bargain. You'll also recipe 9 free Add-Ons.

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks :), it is still early too, i need to add a lot more details in the script for the final effect, like sizing based on mask and normal based lerp with the wind positions, so the feathers dont go in the body in spots, but the base is working great and is only taking one draw call.

I will post the demo here too soon, i set this model on fire as well :)

Indeed, the next one i will be working on will be something with fire and turbulence and the cerberus is the best choice.

43. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Really interesting stuff you're working on! Eager to see it finalized and in action. Maybe the best choice for fire would be the phoenix though... Just a thought. Anyway, it's not even done yet. :)

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

That could make use of the transitions system, i could have the ashes on the floor and transform to the fire system on the fly as it takes the shape of the Phoenix.

I suppose this would be even better case, i will do it first :)

EDIT: Was that a hint of what creature will come next ? :). I have to admit i am additicted to this pack, i cant wait to see the next creature each time, it is so satisfying :).

45. Enoch

Enoch

I have to admit this is an impressive pack. I have a question, will your gnome, dark elf and hobbit models be as full featured as your dwarf was? I didn't realize how many options that dwarf had until I looked at the page and the demo. Its practically a horde pack. I honestly think you should your self short by not selling it as such. If the other three races are as fully flushed out this is easily worth the asking price (and certainly work the deal). And that not even counting the other free models.

46. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi Enoch, and thanks for the compliment! :)
    these characters you're talking about will have options for sure, maybe not as much as the dwarfs though. but enough to give developers the opportunity to have a decent amount of variations. they will be done last when it will be possible to figure out how much size in Mb is left to implement them. Pack will be 1.6Gb once the darkness warlord would be released... so it might be needed to have the additional textures as free packages.

@nasos_333 : it might be the next Add-On after Darkness Warlord;)

nasos_333 likes this.
  47. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Only 4 days left before Medieval Melee sale ends! 21 creatures for only $137.50 and you'll also receive 9 free Add-Ons.

Darkness Warlord is now fully polypainted and is currently in retopo state.(base body is done already) The hands have been scaled down as well.

48. Archania

Archania

Looking fantastic can't wait to see him in action!

49. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks Archania! Glad you like it. Totally eager to bring him to life with some cool animations as well!

50. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Only less than 12 hours left before the Medieval melee sale ends! Don't miss such a deal. An opportunity like this doesn't happen that often. On top of this you'll receive 9 free Add-Ons. $7 per creature is an absolute bargain if you need some cool heroic fantasy related creatures.