Search Unity

HEROIC FANTASY CREATURES FULL PACK VOLUME 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, May 22, 2014.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: All the beards and haircuts are now skinned. Last armored robe ( scales armor ) is now finished. On the shields right now...

2. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... scale armour is good too. :)

3. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Fantastic .... best model you've produced to date in my opinion. Love the design.

What style of shield are you thinking of doing? Circular Viking shields or more norman style shield? Square shields, perhaps? I'd probably suggest circular Viking style.

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Amazing work, seems my game will be flooded with Dwarfs :)

5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you, guys like the last skin for the armor. Regarding the shields it will be a circular design. And a variation from that with spikes.

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Just noticed the little details in the alternative red beard texture, so cool :)

7. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

So am I right in assuming the character will have animations for 2 handed as well as one hand / shield combat? That would be great.

8. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Yep, absolutely one handed, two handed, one handed with shield and bare fist.

9. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I'm so pumped for this release ... I can't wait for it. Been waiting for a good dwarf pack for ages and this is exactly what I was hoping for.

10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Happy to see you guys really excited about this upcoming release. Shields are now done. here is a last render of the WIP. Next step will be animation and polishing... Still a lot to do...

11. ivendar

ivendar

I'd like to ask for some votings on the Hippogriffe. I'm sure it's nothing people dislike but I personally would love to see it closer to what's in internet mostly. So head = eagle and front body and claws = eagle too. And wings of course.

Just my personal point of view. Good work. :)

12. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

13. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I have to say that Ivendar is pretty right. While I can tell that it's a little bit redundant with Griffon ( griffon being the parent of these creatures) it could be possible to find a compromise to make it stand out a little bit. Right now, this creature is not in the pipe (can't tell when it would happen) a new concept will be created for this creature.

Regarding the dwarf, all animations are almost created (70+ animations). It should be released this week. Next in the pipe will be the bargghest.

Price of the pack will be raised ($200) with the dwarf release.

14. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Awesome ... can't wait. I kind of agree on the hypogriff design. Perhaps you could do it like a demigriff from the warhammer background, which is basically a wing-less griffon that is larger / more muscular.

15. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

16. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

little correction... Dwarf will end up having 89 animations...

17. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Ok, so finally 92 animations (forgot about the throwing hatchet ones... a split version so developer can aim procedurally and an all-in-one one)
    The package should be ready tomorrow. Still need a polish pass. A web player is available to show a little bit of what's included. The final version showcasing all the 92 animations will be done tomorrow.
    WEB PLAYER

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Unbelievable !!!! :)

This is so cool, the variety and animations are incredible, amazing work

19. ivendar

ivendar

Overall I like the head of the creature but not for a hippogriff. I would try to use that head in addition to more wolflike or komodo lizard body with spikes and see what's the result. Ok I already know if I would do that the result would be awful as I'm no artist. :D But maybe it's an idea. However it's still no hippogriff.

What I feel is mostly missing is a bird like head and beak and the different front. Ok maybe it does not even have to be an eagle head but something else than lizardlike I think.
    To grab the idea from Rajmahal, I have to admit I don't know that one from warhammer. But as it sounds demonic I can imagine to have a version with some spikes or the like. Also some spiked wings.. Well actually. If it is possible somehow I would try to make the wings optional. So both people are happy. Those who want and those who don't want wings. So you can just deactivate the wings mesh if you don't need it.

Hope a link is ok, found some nice looking griffons as an example what I talk about. Of course as it's hippogriff have it horse back. But the version on the right gives a good idea what kind of changes the head or body could have
    https://odd-jobs-incorporated.obsidianportal.com/wiki_pages/griffon
    Maybe not such a big horn on the head but some differences on wings too. I just know. Need wings and overall should look strong. I think the griffon you created in the past looks a bit too weak. Just personal opinion.

Also this one looks interesting. Changed to have front hooves and back claws.
    http://brokenrapture781.deviantart.com/art/Hippogriff-30284782

There's some options to change the look for sure.

Also Dwarves look great. Can guess some people would like to see an extra pack with more clothing options to buy.

20. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

i would really avoid to have similar models between two packs, the horse~lizard concept was very interesting because its not a random werewolf griffon dwarf hobbit etc

hyppogriph or griffon for 99 % of player look same, my point is you make personal request like this, that would be not fair for those who bought your two epic packs, if someone want a griffon~hippogriff, there is one in the first pack

21. ivendar

ivendar

I don't do any personal requests. I request that a hippogriff looks more like a hippogriff and not like a lizardhorse. But I don't mind if it's demonic or mythology or even has some lizardlike features. But it should have difference in front and back legs/claws and a beak. If it's named lizardhorse or anything else not clear I'm totally ok because I would not expect a hippogriff. And I'm sure the quality would be good. But if that is meant to be a hippogriff and it was called that before there've been any pictures to see, it should look like a hippogriff too. So I make suggestions to get it to look closer to what it's named and people expect. Just think about the dwarven models would look like orcs. Still be cool but not dwarves and what people expected. So some would be happy to get orcs, others would miss the dwarves they waited for. And what a hippogriff is is very clear. Yeah it looks close to a griffon but there's still the difference in half of the creature. If we are about comparing animals now because there is only one difference, why at all do a unicorn. It's only a additional horn of a horse and already is available in the store too. But this might become another cool version so why not ?

Also instead saying that Iam not fair because I ask for clear naming you should make suggestions and not talk the way you do right now. It's close to flaming in my opinion even if I understand that you might need that creature for your project. But you mainly write that I'm unfair and expect that people are not able to see a difference in those two creatures. I just ask people to discuss about it so most can be happy. Also I don't know what players you have but I'm very sure if I will show 50+ people a picture of a griffon and of a hippogriff and ask "What's the difference between those" they will be able to tell me. Might be that those people don't know the name of the creature, but they can see the difference. Also there's plenty of pictures of hippogriff so there's many people drawing it and it has different versions too. But they all have some thing in common. Beak, Horse and Eagle parts. The difference might be that some have additional parts or how each part looks. Oh. And they also all have wings.

And if I would really be into personal requests I would ask to exchange hellrot or undertaker with another creature and make the unicorn to be a horse with additional horn and wings so you can have three creatures in one. Horse, pegasus or unicorn. Actually only thing I would request here is to make it look like a strong horse with some nice mane and have a color option for black / white.

Also I would have requested to change dragon to non asia version and so on. There's some creatures I might not want to use at all. One half I like other not sure, nothing about quality just about style. But I don't do that requests because they're meant to be in the pack and I accept it. It was still a great deal for the creatures I look forward to use and maybe I even get into using the others because some people might like. Will see. However. I'm not a bit unfair and trying to make suggestions to improve the overall quality. Kraken example has shown that it's better to ask before a model is done about how it actually looks like to avoid discussions once it's created.

I really don't understand problems some people have and always try to tell others to not ask or such. I'm open minded for discussions and suggestions and to the end I accept what rosor offers. But everyone should be able to post their opinion without others saying it's bad or something. As you said yourself. Be fair and tolerate different opinions.

Bye

22. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

23. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Dwarf looks amazing, by the way ... just stunning. Do you intend to do any more of this level of quality in this pack? Such as hobbit or dark elf? Or do you think these will be more basic and have fewer options? I'd love the Halfling to be a thief style, personally.

24. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

As I said I will look into making the hippogriff model standing out from a griffon. A new concept will be created for that one and I hope everybody will be pleased ( hopefuly ..) regarding the unicorn, I think Ivendar is right and it would totally make sense to give variations to it and allow developer to use it as unicorn or pegazus. that's a good idea.

Now back on the dwarfs, WEB PLAYER has been updated to the release version. You guys can check out all the 92 animations included in the pack.

The pack should be uploaded today and available as soon as it'd hit the stores. Will let you guys know once this is done. Key images will take a while to be created...

Cheers! :)

25. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Download links have been sent to those who purchased from PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    "DWARFS" is now available on the ASSET STORE: DIRECT LINK
    The volume 2 is currently being processed by the asset store server / Team. should be ready in a few hours.

26. Archania

Archania

very nicely done! The dwarf looks great.

27. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks Archania, glad you dig the model. For those who purchased the volume 2 from the asset store, v.1.11 is now ready to be downloaded with its latest Add-On: dwarf.
    Next to come: barghest.

Cheers

28. ivendar

ivendar

Thanks for reply. Just to mention as an idea for the unicorn, a saddle might be interesting so people can use it for mounts. Well actually maybe it's better to separate saddle+add additional riding animations to separate set. Because else people might ask that there is no such animations included. On the other hand I would hope to be able to buy the saddle stand alone if it might happen. It's up to you either, just wanted to mention this idea. I personally would not mind to not have such animations and grab from elsewhere but would love to see a saddle included as it's more difficult for another artist than you to add to your model I guess. Also nice to see in games that people would make. Having the option for a saddle might add great extra options for useability I'm sure.

29. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

saddle can be an option indeed. Might be implemented.

regarding the barghest, it's currently in the pipe. Should be ready early next week. Creature is currently, modeled, unwrapped, rigged and skinned. Texturing should be finished today. Here is an early render of how it looks like. Hope you guys will like it.

cheers :)

red2blue likes this.
  30. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Looks brilliant. I can imagine putting a particle effect for fire in it's mouth ... that would look really cool. Is the hair as separate mesh / material?

31. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

hair is not a separate mesh, but use another material
    I was maybe thinking about doing a show/hide-able mesh for its mane and tail. That can be a possible option.

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

Nice idea with the particles, i will use a mask to emit fire from the hair, will be very cool

Amazing model as always

33. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Having the ability to show / hide the hair would be great as it would make it easier to use on mobile and make the model more flexible.

34. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I understand, that plus the fact that the cruncher you use would mess up the hair for sure. It's no big deal to do that. So expect to have the remove able hair with the release of barghest.
    Glad you guys dig the model btw. :)

35. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Thanks .... really appreciate it.

36. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

does the barghest have the same rig than your wolf model ? idea would be to retarget the new animation on the wolf, which miss few animations like combat idle for example

37. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Barghest isn't using the same rig as the wolf. proportion are totally different. not sure when it'll be possible to create this animation. Animation creation isn't the issue, but re uploading all the packs using the wolf would be...

38. Archania

Archania

This is looking fantastic. Can't wait to see it all done.

39. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you dig the current state of the barghest. But now I hope you'll like it even better. It's now textured ( just need a few little polishing touched and fixes) and I created a little WIP web player for it so you guys can check it out in real time. I put the dwarf in there so you guys can have an idea of the size of the creature ( it's pretty big).
    LINK TO BARGHEST EARLY WEB PLAYER (60 Mb)

40. Archania

Archania

sweet. Dwarf for lunch! Very nice Rosor!

41. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you dig it.

42. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

43. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Currently hesitating between: Basilisk, giant Scorpion and Hellrot. Let me know. Creating process will start soon...

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Vote for Basilisk :)

Barghest is super cool BTW

45. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@nasos_333 : thanks for the kind words and the vote. Waiting for others to give their opinion...

46. Archania

Archania

whatever.. game for any.

47. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

all right then, it will be the Basilisk next.
    To those who purchased from the Asset Store, V1.12 is now live with it latest Add-On (barghest). you can go and download it now.

Cheers :)

48. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Dang ... missed my chance to vote. After the basilisk is done, would you consider doing the hobbit?

49. SteveJ

SteveJ

@rosor - any chance of going back to some of your older stuff (e.g. the spider) and removing all the scripts etc from the packages? I quite like your stuff, but I think you need to standardise so all of your packages work the same way - the creature and the animations in a standard layout/format.

50. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@SteveJ : the advantage of importing content is that you can select what to import. Indeed the areneae tenebrae is one of the oldest model created and had some old script as well in order to show what was possible to do at that time. I might consider doing so though. What do you mean by work the same way? in a standardized layout/format?

@Rajmahal : regarding the hobbit, I'm not sure when it will happen. And there is a problem with Hobbit, dark elves. I won't be able to give as much customization as with the dwarfs... I'm really limited with the upload size of the package on the Asset Store (2 Gb max...) Pack is already 1.4 Gb. that's why I want to do as much createus as possible that don't require any customization so I know what kind of size is left for that...