Search Unity

HEROIC FANTASY CREATURES FULL PACK VOLUME 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, May 22, 2014.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey guys! :)
    Thanks again to all of you who make this sale such a huge success!
    This pack is still on sale on PROTOFACTOR STORE at 50% OFF until 12/31/2014 in case you missed the chance to get it from Unity Asset Store.
    Now some update: Darkness Warlord, 22nd creature of the volume 2, is currently modeled, unwrapped, textured, rigged and skinned and has its first animation. :) Model should be ready by the end of the week.
    Here is a screenshot from within unity editor:

You can also check it out in its web player HERE
    Hope you guys will like it. :)
    Cheers

2. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Didn't have that much time to put in because of some contract work that had to be done... But character now has 17 animations. Should end up having 20 motions. Still need a second pass to polish everything but you guys will have a nice overview of how the model is going to behave.
    UPDATED WEB PLAYER

EDIT: don't forget that PROTOFACTOR STORE is having its Christmas 2014 sale until 12/31/2014.

Cheers! :)

3. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: Darkness Warlord should be ready tomorrow. WEB PLAYER has been updated. Still need some few tweaks before final export. Model will be available on sale ON PROTOFACTOR STORE at $14.87 instead of $29.75.

Hope you guys will enjoy this last creation of year 2014... Holidays are coming and might get hard to have something new before new year.

PROTOFACTOR STORE is on sale as well, all at 50% OFF till the end of the year.

Cheers!

4. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Finally Darkness Warlord is now live on PROTOFACTOR STORE and Unity Asset Store. 2 new animations have been added (3 hit combo on place and forward). This model is currently on sale at 50% OFF whether separately or in the pack (PROTOFACTOR STORE only).

DIRECT LINK TO ASSET STORE

Final WEB PLAYER

The Volume 2 is currently being processed by the Unity Asset Store's team / server and should hopefully be live later this afternoon. will keep you guys posted for that.

To those who purchased from PROTOFACTOR STORE the download links have been sent to grab this latest addition.

5. Archania

Archania

He looks fantastic. Great work.

6. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks Archania, glad you like it.

The darkness warlord update is now live on the asset store. Make sure to download the latest version (v1.20) to grab the new Add-On. More stuff coming next year.

Cheers

7. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi there! Happy New Year! :)

Phoenix is on its way to completion and should be ready by tomorrow or Thursday. Need some more polishing touches and finish the animations.

You can check out the current WIP in a WEB PLAYER

Hope you guys will enjoy this new creation :)

Cheers

8. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Looks great ... love the fire effect on the feathers.

9. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

By the way, any chance you could work on the Automoton next? I could really use it for my project that I'm hoping to release this month. :)

10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Web player updated with what the pack will contain. Phoenix will be released today.

@raj : why not going on with that one, sure.

11. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Great ... thanks very much.

Regarding the animations, I think they look great. However, the looking around animation seems a bit choppy.

12. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Well, usually birds look around in a choppy way. Do you think a smoother animation would make more sense in this specific case?

13. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I was thinking it was probably intentional. I think smoother head motions would look better but it's hard to say. Not a major problem for me either way.

14. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Well, can maybe create a variation with a smoother movement then.

15. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Phoenix is now live on the Asset Store.
    DIRECT LINK

UPDATED WEB PLAYER
    The Volume 2 with the phoenix Add-On is currently being processed by the Asset Store Server / team, should be live later this afternoon. Will keep you guys posted.

16. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

wow ... looks fantastic. I love the fiery feathers and glowing beak.

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

So very cool indeed :).

18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks! you guys. Glad you dig it.

Big problem trying to upload the pack upgraded on the asset store... had an error twice... takes 3 hours to upload the whole thing and got the same error... pretty annoying...
    might consider, splitting the pack into a few packs... the pack of models with animations and one or two packs with all the textures which would be free.
    will try to re upload the whole thing again tomorrow.
    cheers

19. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

nice what do you use for fire feather ? would like to know if we can fade that when it dies for example

for your upload problem maybe you can try to contact unity i know there is a limit to the size ?

20. red2blue

red2blue

Hi, one question. Did you already send out the donwload link to the customers who bought the pack via your page? I ask, because I didn't received it. Last one was the ORK from the 21. dec.

P.S. The Phoenix looks really cool!

21. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@DamienDelmarle : glad you liked it. Just used the ScrollingUVs.cs from the WIKI with some vertex alpha. As to make it die and fade maybe try swapping material with one that will use a dissolve shader.
    Regarding the package size, not sure if it's because the Asset Store team is currently treating a large queue due to the Christmas and New Year holidays
    @red2blue : glad you like it too. Download links haven't been sent yet. No worries. they will be today. Will keep you guys posted.

22. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Download links have been sent to customers who purchased from PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    Now battle with the Asset Store Servers...
    Cheers

red2blue likes this.
  23. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Finally the submission was successful (no errors encountered during upload). Customers who purchased the pack from the Asset Store can now get the Phoenix Add-On by downloading the latest version of the pack: V1.212.

Cheers :)

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great :), i will start downloading asap.

Here is also a webplayer demo of the work with creatures for my game, using the new features i am working on for my particle pack.
    These creatures are pure inspiration for making new effects and enchancing existing ones:)

Volcrate (feathers) & Bargest (Fire) Webplayer Demo

25. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@nasos_333 :Whoops, your reply has slipped to oblivion before I could answer. Lol... Glad to see you got inspired by some of the creatures. The phoenix should be a nice thing to test your system on as well I assume.

Update: the Automate is on its way to completion. Model is currently modeled, unwrapped, rigged, skinned and a few animation have already been created. texturing will come last for this one. It will be made out of metal, wood and some magic enchanted rune stones to make the whole thing "work".

Her is the current WIP of the character:

hope you guys will like it. Model should be ready by the end of the week.

nasos_333 likes this.
  26. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

this is great, will the wheels rotate during segment animations?

27. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Yep, everything will move nicely. All this gear system makes sense... well with a little bit of dark magic as well

28. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... I don't see the tune stones. Will you be adding those or am I just overlooking them?

29. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

the rune stones are nailed to the "motor" gear of every joints. they are hemispheric shape stuff. you'll be able to see them better once the model would be textured though. they'll be slightly illuminated with a rune magic sign on them really illuminated.

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

The alert system does not always deliver in time, i have been through that a few times :)

The Phoenix is the next one to particulate indeed, recreating it from the ashes is the target effect.

31. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

It's looking great. Will there be a get up from the ground animation? I think I'll use this guy as a summoned creature so it would be great to have an animation where it gets up to a ready stance from lying on the ground.

32. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Also, can you please do a normal death animation rather than one where it crumbles into bits and thus uses a different mesh for that one animation? Just a normal "fall down to the ground" animation would be good.

33. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey Rajmahal, sorry it won't have a get up animation. But it will have a normal death animation. Also another Game object will be included: a split into pieces version of the Automate, that can be instantiated at run time and applied physics on in order to make an explode into pieces death.

34. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... that works. Thanks!

35. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Update: all the animations are now done. Going on with texturing.

36. Ramsdal

Ramsdal

Great model, im sure it will look awesome when texturing and animations are running.. looking forward to seeing the demo! ;)

37. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

All right you guys. Automate, 24th creature of the pack, is finally available on PROTOFACTOR STORE and Unity Asset Store.
    DIRECT LINK

WEB PLAYER DEMO

Downkoad links have been sent to customers who purchased from PROTOFACTOR STORE

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    Ramsdal, Rajmahal and red2blue like this.
  38. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Just to let you guys know that the update for the Pack on the Asset Store is on its way. It passed the upload obstacle at the second attempt. The update should be live in a little bit less than an hour. Make sure to download the latest version: V.1.221 to get the Automate Add-On.

The 25th creature of the pack will be the witch. already started on her. This will be an ugly old lady with long dirty hair, saggy boobs (will be hidden but suggested) and some rough, stitched together pelt skin and fur.

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great, cant wait to see the new model :)

40. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hope you'll like it nasos_333. Update v.1.221 is now officially live on the Asset Store. So you can go check it out. :)

41. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

The Witch sounds fantastic ... and something I could really use in my current project, actually. Do put up some concept art or WIP shots when you can.

By the way, do you plan to make the Dark Elf male or female? I would vote for male, if I could ... but will be happy with whatever you decide.

42. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

will upload some WIP for the witch whenever I feel there is something nice to show. no worries.

Regarding the dark elf, it'll be a male... but there are a few more creatures to do before moving on to the the last humanoids ( dark elf, gnome, hobbit)

43. Ramsdal

Ramsdal

I am very much lookring forward to the dark elf as well! ;) Perfect for my scene, with as much gear / clothing options as you can manage ;)

44. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Will do my best to give a decent amount of variation.

Update: the witch is on its way! :) Still need to finish the hands and the teeth before doing the polypaint. here is a screenshot of its current state:

hope you guys will like the progress made on it so far.

WARNING!! Price of the Volume 2 will jump to $300 with this new release! (25th creature)

45. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Excellent ... great features and proportions. Looks very sinister.

46. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@Rajmahal :Whoops forgot to answer you... sorry. glad you liked the WIP of the witch. Hope you'll like the finished version even better.

Hey guys! the witch,25th creature of the volume 2, is now available on PROTOFACTOR STORE. It seems there is a weird glitch on the unity asset store... The model is released but can't be found for some reason. Looks like the speed tree updates on the store messed up some stuff in the submission queue or something.
    Anyways, download links have been sent to customers who purchased from PROTOFACTOR STORE. Will keep you guys posted regarding the volume 2 update on UNITY ASSET STORE.

You can also try it out in its WEB PLAYER

PRICE has been raised to $269.90 (PROTOFACTOR STORE) and will be raised $300 (UNITY ASSET STORE)

47. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Any decision on what's next? Hippo Griff or unicorn?

48. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Not sure, but it might be the hippogriff

49. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

what design will you keep for the hippogriff so ? i like the seahorse/lizardhorse one you did early

50. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I think the mythical version of bird head, wings, horse body would work for me. Would also be happy with one without wings if the body was sufficiently muscular and beefy.