Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Help us make Unity even better: Participate in user research!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SaraCecilia, Jul 14, 2015.

1. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

The User Experience Team at Unity is looking for your help, read their message below:

Hello everyone,
    If you didn’t already do it, go and sign up to participate in user research right here!

In the User Experience Team we conduct a lot of user research and user tests. Sometimes we go out in the field and observe you in your natural habitat (your workplace). Other times we meet you for an interview. We also invite you over for usability tests of our newest features.

Everyone can sign up, regardless of their experience, areas of interest or projects made with Unity. Also your location doesn’t matter, we really want users from every part of the globe!

You simply sign up by completing a survey that will let us know more about your experience with Unity. Whenever we run a research project and find that you are a good match for it, we will reach out and get in touch with you.

Help us improve the Unity user experience and making it even more awesome!
    Read more about it and sign-up here.

Thank you!
    The User Experience Team

2. Moonjump

Moonjump

I follow the link. It goes to a page saying I must sign in. I click the sign in link. I am then in a page for editing my user account. No survey, just a dead end as far as user experience goes. Same happens with both links above.

3. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

I've just been able to fill out the survey without any hitches. I first went to the main unity site and logged in with my Unity account. Once logged in, I clicked the above link to sign up for this.

4. Diabi

Diabi

Unity Technologies

Hi Moonjump,

It is weird...in theory after signing in your Unity account you should be automatically redirected to the survey.
    Also another user had your same issue, but I haven't been able to replicate it yet and eventually the problem fixed itself.

Let me know if you get it fixed and in the meanwhile I will keep looking into it.

Thank you!

5. Moonjump

Moonjump

I was able to submit successfully today, thank you.

Diabi likes this.
  6. karolled

karolled

When we see easy to use blue prints( the one in Unreal 4 are a way to difficult) with game templates not only walking character + punching and etc. I hate Unreal but I can not work with Unity without coding which I don't know at all.

UnitedBluff likes this.
  7. UnitedBluff

UnitedBluff

Did you try plugins Playmaker or Behavior tree ?

8. Darth_Cheree

Darth_Cheree

I don't want to join the study but I would like to give you guys some feedback about the latest version I am currently downloading and installing right now ........ that has been going since 1pm-ish and it is not 9pm and it is STILL downloading and installing. Why is it taking so long????? I've 8GB of RAM and a brand new Acer laptop running Windows 10. This is NOT acceptable. How long is it supposed to take?

9. tinyant

tinyant

RETINA support!
    Waiting so long long time.
    I think that's the most important for Mac with retina!

If you are working on computer with retina,I believe you will cry!!

I don't know why they can't provide us the retina support?
    Why?ON the road?How far?:(

10. JacobVR

JacobVR

I going to have to agree with Fafase on the rating system. I use Unity almost every day, but since I do everything myself I don’t have one area of expertise. I have no idea what you guys mean by ‘Basic’ for example, is that something like “I know of it and where it’s at” or “I made something work…somehow”. It would be helpful to have some examples to go along with the rating to help us judge our abilities.

11. shule_mim

shule_mim

Is this the place where you sign up and win a prize because I accedentelly signed up twice.

12. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Opted in, filled survey.
    Nothing about the recent new plans, which is why i went and did it, but hopefully i can help in some way ;)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  13. MrUnecht

MrUnecht

image.png

I cant make the Survey as you can see, it doesnt accept my country...

14. Diabi

Diabi

Unity Technologies

Hi MrUnecht,

not sure what is going on (it works fine for me), but we got some people to look into your problem.

MrUnecht likes this.
  15. Diabi

Diabi

Unity Technologies

Hello Everyone,

recently we have updated our user research survey with some important questions!

If you have already signed up, you should take a moment to update your information. This update is a necessary part of filling in the gaps in what we know. We have also listened to all the feedback from you guys about which parts of the survey didn’t make sense or were hard to fill out.

If you have never heard of it before, this is a way to directly participate in our user studies and research, and help us shaping the future of Unity. You can just sign-up here with your Unity account and fill up the form. If we think you are a good match for a study, we will get in touch with you.

And remember to spread the voice...we always need a lot of feedback!

Thank you!