Search Unity

Help Making Scope Effect

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Aidenjl, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Aidenjl

Aidenjl

Hello again!

I have recently made a nice looking scope in unity free by basically using a render texture method: upload_2014-7-23_23-25-55.png

And I was wondering how I would go about achieving the black blur effect around the scope in this video:

Goto 1:18

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  2. Kawaburd

Kawaburd

3. Aidenjl

Aidenjl

Sorry, I worded my question really badly. I have the render texture done already, the effect i'm trying to acchieve is the black blur around the outside of the scope that moves about.

4. Aidenjl

Aidenjl

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Unity's vignetting or overlays in Post FX Studio on asset store.

6. Sean_B

Sean_B

ok i think i know how to do it. first, u need to make sure your scope is hollow part way through (u might have to fix your model) and taht the inside part is pure black. u want your rendertexture halfway through and you also want two circles, one right in front of the rendertexture and one at the end of the scope (closest to the player). these circles should have a black fade texture around the edges. This will cause the scope to be faded off when looking at it from an angle, i kind of was able to achieve the same effect, but when you look up at a light source, the inside of the scope differs from the black fades so it doesnt look as good. sorry i dont have any pictures, hope that didn't confuse u :D

7. TwiiK

TwiiK

If you upload a project or package with what you have I would be happy to help you. I haven't really attempted making a scope in Unity and I have never looked at render textures before, but I can be very persistent if you give me something to start with. :p

I think Sean_B is on to something, basically more or less recreate an actual scope.