Search Unity

Help: Making an Infinite Jumper like doodle jump

Discussion in '2D' started by DeAlecson, Jul 17, 2016.

1. DeAlecson

DeAlecson

Hi, I'm making my first game in unity 2d like doodle jump. But here's the catch. The character will be constantly jumping to a certain direction, (for example diagonally left) to the second platform and so on until i tap the screen the second time to make it change the direction of the character. to the other side. Basically, the game will continuously moving diagonally left until i tap to make it go right. Im new to all these. Please advise if you don't understand. Untitled.png

2. capnjake

capnjake

What is your question? You've described your game but I see no questions. We're not going to give you a step-by-step guide of completion.

3. DeAlecson

DeAlecson

Hi capnjake,

As this game is supposed to be an infinite jumper, I have to continuously generate the prefab containing my background, etc in order for the game to run. However, may I know if there's a way to generate it vertically? I'm having a problem with it that it's not generating, leading my character into the blue background.

I've only developed infinite runner games previously, which generate the prefab horizontally. Would be great to receive your help! Cheers. :)

4. LiterallyJeff

LiterallyJeff

You'll need to share the code that you think isn't working correctly. Your horizontal code should be able to also work vertically with minor adjustments.