Search Unity

Headlong racing WIP

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by psychicparrot, Aug 6, 2012.

1. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

Ready to go Headlong?

Here are some screengrabs and a gameplay video from my arcadey racing game, Headlong. The game is a downloadable racing game for Mac and PC with the Mac version going out first and a PC version hopefully in the fall of this year.

$ContentsHeadlong_Screenshot91.png $ContentsHeadlong_Screenshot32.png

Headlong features 45 career mode events, 7 different environments and over 25 cars to unlock via career mode. A quick race mode lets you race any unlocked car on any track. The soundtrack is rock, the engines are loud and the racing is dirty - just the way it should be!

Almost all content in the game is from the asset store or royalty free from other online places, since I didn't have a budget for a 3d artist. This is true guerrilla game development!

Thanks to the Unity Asset store and licensing terms in the Unity demos, I am able to bring my racing game to life. If I may say so myself, I think it's looking pretty darned good. As a budget racing game, it's one that I would like to play and I can proudly say that I pulled it all together myself :)

Video-tastic link (apologies for the video capture, it's a bit rubbish but you get the idea):

2. fano_linux

fano_linux

look's great, what is the deal about the tire going underground at the second image...part of the tire is going down bellow the floor.

3. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

thanks! I'd only just put that car into the game when I captured that image and I hadn't adjusted the wheel radius correctly, nothing major.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  4. tigerfoot

tigerfoot

Looks really good. Reminds me a bit of FlatOut. I'd love to play your game if the gameplay is similar to it :)

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Nice work! I like the hand-held camera at the beginning, too :)

6. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

Thanks, guys! :)

7. Rastafari

Rastafari

Looking good , I like the style.

8. deadfire52

deadfire52

Very cool, looks much better than the other racing games we've seen on here. Congrats on the book as well.

9. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

Thanks Rastarfari and deadfire55. Guerrilla game dev FTW :)

10. Pulov

Pulov

Hey, very nice, love the camera moves.

You need to add mo sfx because that tuku.tuku sound of impacts is kind of sh#ty.

Liked the vid!

11. Ali-Nagori

Ali-Nagori

every thing done professionally and i'm pleased and honored for you being our community

12. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

Thanks, guys! I'm proud to be part of this community, Ali.Nagori!

13. virror

virror

Looking good! Just a note, there is a flying lamp 1:04 in the video ; )

14. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

Thanks Virror and well spotted! The flying lamp flies no more! :)