Search Unity

Head Look Controller Problems...

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by RichardsonKevin, Oct 20, 2014.

1. RichardsonKevin

RichardsonKevin

Hello everyone! I am using the unity head look controller from the asset store that can be found here http://u3d.as/content/unity-technologies/head-look-controller/1qN

The problem is that the character is aiming way to the right and if the target gets too far to the side of him or behind him he rotates in unusual ways along axis's that he probably shouldn't be rotating along.

I am not sure but I assume it is because of the joints initial rotation or something is not matching the direction that it is supposed to be facing. How would I go about fixing this?

I tried importing a T-Pose of the model and it still had the same problem.

2. RichardsonKevin

RichardsonKevin

Well I had to change values in the head look and look up sections of the script and that sort of did the trick but his aim is still slightly to the left. I could make an offset script to force the joint into the correct angle but I am wondering if there is a simple way to just align the joint properly from the start.

3. RichardsonKevin

RichardsonKevin

Ahh crap. The offset is different for every single animation... is there a better way to do this or an easier way? I am using mecanim...