Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Have killed Unity's animator! How to recover?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by SoftwareGeezers, Jan 17, 2015.

1. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

Experimenting with Animator still, I seem to have killed it. I cannot add nodes to a blend tree. If I create a blend tree and enter it, right clicking to bring up the menu fails. I have to double-right-click. Then if I choose "Create New State" it is created in the parent layer. If I choose "Create State from Clip", I get this error -

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.Graphs.AnimationStateMachine.GraphGUI.AddStateFromSelectedMotionCallback (System.Object data) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/AnimationStateMachine/GraphGUI.cs:640)
    UnityEditor.GenericMenu.CatchMenu (System.Object userData, System.String[] options, Int32 selected) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/EditorGenerated/GenericMenu.cs:113)

Thing is, this is across all projects. I'm guessing something in Unity's files is messed up. Anyone else had this? Any way to recover (reinstall only?).

2. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

Not fixed by anything. Installed latest patch. Broken. Uninstall/reinstall - broken. Uninstall, clear Registry and prefs, reinstall - broken.

3. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

:oops:

I was using it wrong. To add a blend, you have to add it via the properties window, not via adding a node and connecting like the other State systems.

theANMATOR2b likes this.