Search Unity

Half life - splitscreen

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Chris-Paul, May 23, 2015.

1. Chris-Paul

Chris-Paul

Hello everyone,

In my free time, and as a learning experience, I like to take an already existing game and modify it.
    I've been working on half life - split screen for a little while, I did:

1.Rigidbody controller
    a.Different footsteps for different surfaces
    b.Obviously affected by physics
    c.Ladder climbing
    d.Jump, Walk, Run, Camera Animations
    e.Fall damage
    etc.........
    2.Weapon System / HUD
    a.Cycle of weapons, cool hud.
    b.Almost all the behaviours from Half life are done, excepting the rpg and the crowbar, they are still WIP.
    c.Weapon damage
    etc....
    3.Ragdoll, Score system, and many more

Intended:

1.More maps(currently only crossfire)
    2.Complete menu system
    3.Animation system for third person view of the players(currently limited to walk/jump)
    4.Adding bots
    5.Adding more game modes(Capture the flag, zombie apocalypse, etc)
    5.Fixing the bugs
    6.Polish the game.

Note: you have all the input buttons already configured in the input settings, one player is controlled by mouse, another by keyboard, but you can use joysticks for that, you're not limited to keyboard.
    Note2: this is learning experience, I did all the programming and assembling, but everything else is the property of VALVE, I do not own any of the models/sounds/textures, everything that means SCRIPT however, is mine.
    Note3: this is WORK IN PROGRESS.

HERE IS THE UNITY PROJECT FILES: http://www.mediafire.com/download/74o072j0v32007r/hl_splitscreen.unitypackage
    SOME SCREENSHOTS:

2. titantomorrow

titantomorrow

Is the split screen for two players, or am I missing something?

3. Chris-Paul

Chris-Paul

Of course is for two players.

theANMATOR2b and titantomorrow like this.
  4. BluesElwoo

BluesElwoo

Hey man, this sounds great, i would love to play half life split screen! I gotta be honest, i am a unity noob. I just installed it because of your project. I imported the unitypackage, and I see the file folders at the bottom of the screen. But I don't know what to do next. I tried build and run, and all it does is show me a grey horizon. If this is really a way to play half life split screen, I'd love to do it.

5. Chris-Paul

Chris-Paul

Oh hey man...I can show you how to fix it, if there's a problem, I gotta say this is an old project, made for fun, it's not finished, it doesn't have single player, its just the Crossfire map. Maybe I'll come back and finish it at some point, but yeah.

6. micheleharcourt29

micheleharcourt29

Nice! but is there a way to make it with only one screen? I wan't to use some of the stuff from this in a Half-Life style single player game. *If that's okay with you.*

7. N00MKRAD

N00MKRAD

oh god

stop necro-ing this thread

HolBol likes this.