Search Unity

Hack N Slash (Multiplayer, Spells, Random Loot) v1_16 (Webplayer Demo!)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Tyrrell G, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Tyrrell G

Tyrrell G

Webplayer Streamed Build Multiplayer - Updated
    Just click the link above & be playing/checking it out in you're browser!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Have anything you want added let me know and I'll try and add it!
    Have any bugs you think you found, or things that could be improved? Let me know!

*The website will have more detail & all patch notes / changes I make, as well as a forum.
    -------------------------------------
    Controls
    -------------------------------------
    Click to Move/Attack/Interact
    Escape (Menu)
    Game Database (In Menu)
    *View All Items, Modifiers, Monsters, Other Info.
    "C" or "I" , Open/close inventory I character info screen.
    "T" Town Portal

Skills Window: Click One of the Buttons beside each skill to add it to Action Bar.

------COMBAT / ATTACKING------

- Hold the "Left Shift" button then your character won't move when attacking.
    - To use melee spells, you have to be in Melee Range.
    - To use ranged spells, just equip a spell and cast it with the hotkey
    *It's really straight forward.
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    \\\ Small Hack N Slash Game / Asset \\\
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Multiplayer Lobby
    Level Up, Allocate Stat / Skill Points.
    Skill Tree / Spells / Action Bar
    Shops/Gambling/Repair/Heal

Random Item Drops from mobs.

All equipable items can roll any of 5 rarities (even lvl 1 items) so you can find great gear at any level.
    Higher Rarities have more stats, stats are random.
    Common Items Always have 1 random modifier.
    Uncommon Items Always have 2 random modifiers.
    Rare Items Always have 3 random modifiers.
    Epic Items Always have 4 random modifiers.
    Mythic Items Always have 5 random modifiers.

Multiple Dungeon Levels with stronger Monsters/Better Loot.
    *Up to level 50, then theres higher tiers of lvl 50 items.

Below are some current progress pics, theres already a good amount of different stats and items that can be found but more will be added. There are a good variety of 20+ different normal monsters with boss versions too I just don't have a good way to take a pic of them at the moment.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. OldRod

OldRod

I get a "Sorry, Chrome cannot run this app" error when I try to check out the demo :(

3. Tyrrell G

Tyrrell G

Ya there is a fix for that, luckily I already had this problem so heres what you do if you want to play unity webplayer stuff in a chrome browser:

To enable Unity in chrome, enter this into the chrome address bar:
    chrome://flags/#enable-npapi

Having done this, you should be presented with a page like this one:

Simply click "Enable" under the highlighted NPAPI, restart chrome.

You also have to allow the Unity Player Plugin on Chrome after doing so on any sites you play unity games on or else the game won't show up.

It appears in the top right of your Chrome Browser when you load the page the game is on.

-----------------------------------------------
    All you have to do is 3 things to be able to play in Chrome:
    1. Enable NPAPI as shown/explained in the first post & picture.
    2. Restart Chrome
    3. Then just Allow the Plugin when trying to play the game.
    (Appears top right something you canenable plugin)
    -----------------------------------------------

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. OldRod

OldRod

I Google'd it after posting and figured it out, but thanks :)

5. Tyrrell G

Tyrrell G

Alright I'm pretty much done for today:
    - added color to the text over items on ground, as well as in the inventory to distinguish items easier, depending on their rarity.
    - Loot table improved.
    - added stronger items that drop on each of the 4 dungeon lvls, added lots of unique items also that can drop with higher stats/damage/durability/armor, etc.

So now there is more to do in the demo with more progression, and the asset has been improved quite a bit more today on the game creation part.
    -----------
    Full patch notes above at end of first post.

6. Tyrrell G

Tyrrell G

With the basic game mechanics setup, started adding multiplayer, though all you can do is see other players.
    You can't see other players monsters or item drops, or fight with them yet but in the future.

Untested with other players though everything worked with initial testing.

Any problems let me know!

7. Tyrrell G

Tyrrell G

Added Player Lobby & chat in v1.05
    Join/Create Games and play with other players in your own games!

*Monsters only spawned per person though so you can't see/fight other players monsters yet.
    All items dropped only you can see as well.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  8. sokki

sokki

the game looks promising, however, it seems to be a big game, Tyrrell. Are you working on this game alone? How long you plan to have it in development?

9. Tyrrell G

Tyrrell G

Yea I'm working on this myself currently so it probably won't look amazing graphically but I've been working with unity for quite a while & in the coding department everything is going really fast, even the multiplayer setup.

I plan to develop it until all the core stuff is there and setup properly, then add more areas with stronger monsters.

I actually nearly have Skills setup as well, with a skill tree & lots of skills for each class.

All the windows are done and I finished some skills already like (firebolt, ice bolt, charged bolt, smash, stun, double throw, whirldwind) all work correctly but some skills like whirlwind won't be exactly right at the start.

Action Bar is started (Left Click, Right Click, 1, 2, 3, 4).
    Just testing all the skills as I make them with the Left Click Hotkey then it shouldn't be too hard to setup the other ones.

Then I just have to make the skills go over multyiplayer properly & make it so you can fight the same monsters with other players.
    -----------------------------------
    I think the core stuff is almost done next patch as it'll have skills setup.
    Depending on how the monster spawning goes for multiplayer that might be setup too.

10. Tyrrell G

Tyrrell G

Just updated with Action Bar, Skill Trees (72 Spells, 58 Functional), 24 Spells per class!

All work multiplayer, though I still have to make it so you can fight beside other players I'm still finding other stuff that needs to be setup first & I know that should be quick anyways.

Hopefully now there's more to do I mean I'm actually getting bored everythings all setup but no ones saying anything or playing at all, there is now lots of stuff to do:

there's Random Items to find, Common, Uncommon, Rare, Unique, Legendary.
    Stronger Monsters on lower dungeon levels.
    58 Spells, unique to 3 different classes.
    Lots being worked on in terms of features every day or few days...

No one wants to help with feedback or even try playing the game?
    I mean I'm actually on the server most of the day testing stuff.
    I always see people log in, they never chat or even actually play for more then a minute before logging off.
    Can anyone come on sometimes for more then a minute and try out the game plz so I'm not working on this by myself and my 1 IRL who plays sometimes lol, thanks.

11. angelo90

angelo90

Hey! I tried to play your game, but when i went to create a game to play in, it wouldnt allow me to.
    On the starting screen i pressed multiplayer(as its the only one clickable), then i went ahead and looked for a game to join, but there were none, so i tried to create one, but when i had written the game name, it didnt allow me to create one? is the server down or something?

TL;DR i couldnt create a multiplayer game or join one to play in

12. Tyrrell G

Tyrrell G

I'm not too sure I haven't ever had a problem creating a game, I did update the game, then uploaded a quick hotfix to update the lobby News Text.

Maybe you were playing while I was re-uploading the new version & you just had to refresh the webpage.
    I you are having problems refreshing the webpage disconnects you and reloads everything that would most likely fix it.

From what I can tell:
    - I can connect with 3 different clients.
    - I can create/join games and they pop up as soon as it's created for everyone.
    - All 3 clients are updated properly in terms of players in the same game, positions, health etc.
    - Monsters spawn, health updates and are destroyed properly for everyone in the game & new players.
    - Items drop properly per player (though it lags slightly when items drop I'll fix that I know the problem).

------------------------------
    Updated to v1.07 with Multiplayer Combat
    ------------------------------
    Now each game created will spawn its own set of monsters seen by everyone in the game.
    Everyone can damage them & they die for everyone as well as new players joining.
    Items drop per player, other players cannot see/take your item drops.

*Monsters stay dead in each game forever once there killed, if you can't find anything to kill, join or create a new game!

- Player Health & Damage is sent properly over server.

**There are some bugs but besides the small known bugs it is very playable, and much like Diablo Multiplayer.

13. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

The create game wasn't intuitive at first. It took me a few attempts before I realized "CREATE GAME" was a button.

I had issues with target pathing. When trying to enter the dungeon from town, the character would turn around and walk off the bottom of the map before reaching the target. Once in the dungeon I had a lot of difficulty with the targeting of the enemies. I would get 1 swing in then the character would attempt to run to the bottom of the screen.

14. Tyrrell G

Tyrrell G

Not really sure why everyone is having such a problem attacking like this, and are leaving the game cause they can't figure out how to attack when it's exactly the same as every other Hack & Slash game...

- Hold the "Left Shift" button then your character won't move when attacking (Very Important).
    - To use melee spells, you have to be in Melee Range.
    - To use ranged spells, just equip a spell to the action bar 1, then hold left shift and click which direction you want to cast.
    *It's really straight forward.

Sure your character doesn't run up to the monster to get within range when clicking them specifically yet. Or your character doesn't auto-attack from a single click but there not supposed to it's supposed to attack on a per click basis, depending on your attack speed is how fast you can attack, i mean come on lol it's not some super complicated, or broken controls... everything functions fine you're just not holding shift when attacking like your supposed to.

Though I most likely will improve the combat so your character does run up to the target to get in range, and so the spells do cast if held at some point.

**Only Action Bar 1 (Left Mouse Button) works, I have absolutely no problem using all melee & ranged spells with it, but I still have to setup the other action bars if your trying to use hotkeys 1,2,3,4 or something they aren't setup quite yet.

///////////////////////////////////////
    Also added much stronger monsters & 11 new areas so if you're level 9 already like me and my friend and not finding any monsters worth exp, you'll have alot more places to go lvl up and find better items.
    *There are all stronger items & unique items that drop from up to lvl 25 monsters already setup.
    ///////////////////////////////////////
    Patch 1.09

- Added 3 more Acts (11 new areas) with harder monsters that drop better items up to item lvl 25.
    *No more varitey of enemies yet but each area will have more various enemies.
    - Added Waypoint System between Acts.
    - Now monsters can be found level 1 - 25.
    *Was previously only levels 1-5.
    - Improved Monster Spawning.

- Stats on Uncommon & Rare Items now scale to the item level.
    *Item level 1 items can have 1-2 Strength, Item level 25 items can have 25-50 Strength.

------------------------
    Removed password & game description options from the lobby as there not enabled yet and were confusing people.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  15. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

Holding Left-Shift does help. I think, at least for me, the expectation was that clicking a target would result in the player character navigating to the target, stopping and auto attacking. Or clicking on the church would cause the character to navigate to the church and enter. But I completely understand that that is not the mechanic you are going for. I'm on a laptop so trackpad navigation is a little less exact than mouse navigation. The problem is that when the character nears the target it walks away which means knowing the shift key is a break is crucial. Now that I understand how navigation works, I should be okay.

16. Tyrrell G

Tyrrell G

///////////////////
    Patch 1.10

- Can click the Church & entrances to other areas easier

- Players now start with a helm, chestpiece, shield, & weapon upon character creation.
    - Fixed Crit/Hit/Block chances, they were actually all opposite to what they were supposed to be.
    *10% crit was actually 90%, and if you had 90% crit you'd actually crit 10% of the time.
    **So you and enemies will hit for less at lower levels.

- Skill tooltips now show more info about the skills.
    - Skills now have level requirements & mana costs.
    - Most Skills now have Icons.
    - Action Bars all work.

- Changed how some spells look when cast.
    - Improved how spells calculate hit chance, crit chance, & damage.
    - Healing Spells effect reduced.

- Added Mana & Health Regen.
    *Increased by vitality & Magic.

- Added graphics to all the windows & buttons.

17. Tyrrell G

Tyrrell G

Long list of stuff today.
    /////////////////////////////////////////////
    v1.11 Patch added

- Player no longer tries to move if you are attacking an enemy with the left mouse button.
    - Chests now drop items other then coins, can drop any item a monster can.

- Reduced health/mana regen at lower levels.
    - Damage reduction with armor increased.
    - Raised Monster Health & Damage per level.
    - Boss Monsters are now properly stronger then normal enemies.

- Monsters now turn towards player when attacking melee.
    - Added Experience Bar
    - Increased Experience from monsters.

- Re-arranged Inventory Window & shop windows a bit.
    - Item Stats are now larger & easier to read.
    - Added Prefix & Suffix names to item names if uncommon or rare.

- Fixed some item spawning issues if the same item dropped in the same game or bought from vendors.

- New "Gambling vendor"
    *Pay money for items of a random rarity, can be any rarity uncommon & up.

- Potions always roll as common items now.
    - Added level requirements to items.
    - Your armor now takes durability damage when you are hit, and your weapons take durability damage when you attack.
    - Items with 0 durability have no effect when worn.

- Can no longer un-equip items if your inventory is full.

- Can now equip 2 Rings.
    - Added the 7 missing skill icons.

18. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

The level requirement for Warrior skills Bash and Survival is 1, however you don't earn your first ability point until level 2. Might make more sense to give the player a free ability point to spend on either Bash or Survival at level 1.

I think it would be helpful if there were combat text messages of some kind. Damage number and misses.

The chat window should be anchored wherever you intend it to be. I'm guessing to the right? I have a wide screen so it appears almost in the center causing it to be in the way. Solved by resizing my browser window but it would be nice if I could use my full screen.

19. Tyrrell G

Tyrrell G

Thanks SpectralRook I made it so new characters start with 5 stat points & 1 skill point to distribute at level 1.

I'll see if I can add a combat info window somewhere so theres a way to see the misses and stuff.

The Chat Window I can maybe move, it's just it's loaded between scenes in the same position for some reason even if I set it to be in a different position while ingame. I just set it up so it looked right in the main lobby I'll try and move it.
    --------------------------
    But I have gotten a huge list of fixes & improvements done over the last week. Combat is much smoother with auto-attacking, and the character click to move is working much better, your character should never "run towards the bottom of the screen" anymore.

////////////////////////////////////
    Patch 1.12
    - Added Unique Amulets & Rings.
    - Added Gambling Vendors in act 2,3 & 4.

*****Player Changes*****
    - Different classes now gain damage from their main stat, higher main stat = more damage.
    * Warrior - Strength / Rogue - Dexterity / Sorcerer - Magic
    - Skill info is clearer with a short description.
    - Dexterity now also gives critical chance bonus.
    - Strength now also gives extra Armor.
    - Players now gain base stats per level different for each class (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Vitality).
    - new character models for each class.
    *(Though I have to fix the animations).
    - New Chars now start with 1 Skill Point & 5 Stat Points to Distribute.
    - Decreased Players base Hit Chance & Block Chance Gains.
    - Set Hit, Block, Crit Chance Min/Max number [5% - 95%].
    - Item Suffix's for Block, Hit, & Crit Chance now give more based on item level.
    - Set Attack Speed Caps at 0.25 - 2.

*****Misc Fixes/Improvements*****
    - Increased distance you can be before monsters despawn.
    - Can pick up coins with full inventory now.
    - Player now auto attacks or auto casts when a hotkey or mouse button is held.
    - Player now runs towards target if using a melee spell and not in melee range.
    - Fixed Pathing issues when clicking on buildings or large AoE Spells.
    *So combat is much smoother.
    - Clicking on People in town is easier.

*****Monsters*****
    - 15 new monsters + 15 Boss versions ( 7 new models ).
    *Though they all make the same sounds at the moment, will be changed.
    - Changed all monsters in each area as well as some stats.
    - Fixed monsters chasing for farther then intended if alerted.- Monsters don't make the "Got Hit" noise when hit by other monster projectiles anymore.
    - Enemies now have more or less hit chance & damage depending on your level compared to theirs.

*****Spells*****- Now most lower level spells only hit one target.
    - Went through and changed all skills damage, hit chance, mana cost.
    - Fixed skills not costing more mana at higher levels.
    - Fixed Ranged spells not receiving bonus damage & hit chance from skills.
    - Fixed some skills having 0% hit chance & not doing damage.
    - Spells that spawn additional projectiles now properly set originating cast location.
    - Spells casting more then 2 projectiles in a row now properly spawn them.
    - Fixed Spells not being destroyed if you killed the Monster while the spell was still active on the field.

20. Tyrrell G

Tyrrell G

**ALL CHARACTER INFORMATION WAS REWORKED, STARTING A NEW CHARACTER IS SUGGESTED

Another Large update, added lots of helpful features, added 150+ item modifiers.

Very easy to tell item rarities of items in your inventory now without hovering over them.

Town Portals in game, press "T" if you ever need to go to town, then you can go right back down to where you were!

While ingame press Escape, and click "Database" , view all information in the game like items, modifiers, monsters, item drop tables.
    *WIP.

Mainly looking for testers, suggestions, what's working in the game and what's now.
    Also have an item suggestion thread on my forums if anyone wants to come up with some unique or set items, or new item modifiers.

Also the asset is almost ready if people were interested in that.
    Replaced all the item icons with my own.
    Replaced all models with my own.
    Pretty much just the sounds then all the contents will be all original & can be included in the asset.

Rewrote alot of the code for easier editing of character stats, skills, monsters & everything that could need to be edited.

SpectralRook likes this.
  21. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Seems several people are trying out your game.
    I'd prefer to see what the game is about before having to check it out first hand.
    May consider updating the first post with some screen shots from the game. There are several game types that I'm not interested in and then there are several genre's which I truly enjoy, with interesting mechanics, I'm willing to check out and give feedback to help out any I can.

22. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

There is an issue with the entrance from the church level 3 to level 4. It teleports the player to the same entrance rather than level 4.

23. Tyrrell G

Tyrrell G

Thanks theANMATOR2b I posted some pictures in the first post maybe that will help.

SpectralRook it's not actually supposed to lead to anywhere it's the end of that area, I guess I should change it though as it might confuse players. It sends them to the same spot though so they get the idea it doesn't lead anywhere yet.

It'll be the same in the other last areas of each act too I'm not sure if I want to make them lead to the next act town, or to lvl 50 areas in the future.
    ---------------------------------------
    I made a lot of changes again, now theres 28 new modifiers that can randomly appear on all equipable items for a lot more variety (was only 10 before, now 38).

Changed how rarities work, and instead of making higher rarities have pre-determined stats, they now all have random stats so they could be anything and be any rarity at any level.

Gems & Socketed items are in game & drop but don't do anything yet.
    *Will be able to place gems in socketed items in the future.
    Also lvl 40 - 70 items were put in game & viewable in items database but aren't droppable yet.

Made monsters weaker, forgot that when I made more enemies spawn so even the lvl 2-3 area was hard at character lvl 4.

////////////////////////////////1.16 Patch Notes

Enemies always have at least 5% hit, 5% crit, 5% block & 5 damage.
    Fixed a bug where enemies much lower lower level then you would heal you if they hit you.
    Fixes to some ranged monsters projectiles not shooting properly.
    Lowered Monsters Health & Damage.
    Player & Monster Damage is no longer affected by level.

Increased Range you can pick up ground items at.
    Item Level now appears on item name text on ground.
    Coins Amount appears on ground item text.

Placed 28 new random modifiers that can appear on items.

Removed Unique & Set Items with pre-determined stats, rarer items mostly have more modifiers.
    All rarities use the base item & add a set amount of random modifiers.
    Common Items Always have 1 random modifier.
    Uncommon Items Always have 2 random modifiers.
    Rare Items Always have 3 random modifiers.
    Epic Items Always have 4 random modifiers.
    Mythic Items Always have 5 random modifiers.
    *Any equipment can be any rarity even lvl 1 items.

Socketed Items & Gems, though there isn't anyway to socket them yet.

Added lvl 40 - 70 items, though there isn't any way to get them yet.

Removed stat requirements, you only need to be the correct level.

Primary Stats (Str, Dex, or Magic) now gives half as much min damage.
    *To create a larger min/max damage gap.

Min Damage can't be higher than Max Damage anymore, it's always at most 1 less.

Removed plans for different difficulties making you play through the same game again multiple times, there will just be harder areas.
    Max Character level will be 50, with harder 50+ monster level areas with item lvl 50+ drops.

Fixed 2nd ring not saving when equipped.

Updated character stats window more organized & with more information.

Strength now gives Block Chance instead of Dexterity.
    *So now each stat gives 2 non-class specific damage benefits.

Removed some character sound files & textures.
    *mainly cause the game was too large to post on newgrounds after adding the new item icons to the game.

Reduced some lag when picking up items with a fuller inventory.

theANMATOR2b likes this.