Search Unity

Guns, Gore & Cannoli

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by crazybeek, Sep 24, 2014.

1. crazybeek

crazybeek

Since the start of 2014 our team has been working on a new 2D action platformer.

The story is based in Thugtown during the roaring twenties. A city run by two rival mafia families who skirmish over every inch of the city to distribute their illegal liquor. The main character 'Vinnie Cannoli' is a hard-boiled gangster is sent to Thugtown to straighten a few things out. Vinnie is sent to a messed up city, looking for a ‘goodfella’ who’s gone missing since the zombie-outbreak.
    Nothing that can’t be solved with a kind word with the local gangsters though. Especially when you’re packing a Tommy gun and a double barrel shotgun to be a little more persuasive. There’s only one thing that’s holding him back…
    Every friggin’ lowlife in the city turned into a flesh-eating maniac. This is survival horror, wiseguy style… Capiche?

The game will be available early 2015 on all major platforms like PC/Mac, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U.
    We are developing this game with Unity of-course and are currently working with the devkits and adding local co-op mode. So this project is nearing it's final stage. All animations are done with the new Unity 2D system.

We got greenlit on Steam a while ago: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=307302659

Feel free to follow our development blog and sign-up for the beta: http://gunsgorecannoli.com/

2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Excellent!

3. Kinos141

Kinos141

You got started from this year?
    How big was your team?

4. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

Pretty cool thing :)
    Looks fun.

How long have you guys been developing games already?

5. Yippie

Yippie

Amazing!!!

6. crazybeek

crazybeek

We are a 4 man team. 2 devs & 2 artists kicked off this project in January 2014.
    Our company started in 2010 and made several mobile games before.

7. HeliosDoubleSix

HeliosDoubleSix

Zombies on fire always gets my vote, good job!

8. GooseNinja

GooseNinja

The art work is amazing. Gameplay looks like fun as well. Good Job!

9. L_DravenGames

L_DravenGames

Amazing job !!! Visually superb. Congrats !

10. crazybeek

crazybeek

The first Guns, Gore & Cannoli demo is ready!

Are you ready to experience our fast-paced action platformer for the first time?
    Crazy Monkey Studios is a Belgian 4 headed game studio who has been working on this game for the past 10 months. The game will be ready Early 2015 for Xbox One, PS4, WiiU and PC/Mac.

We are pleased to give you an early look at the atmosphere, visual style and a piece of the narrative. Go ahead and try it out now. In this demo you can play the stripclub level and meet one of the bosses. Play alone or battle together with a friend in the multiplayer co-op mode.
    Use the keyboard or feel free to hook up a controller to control your character and blast your way through a horde of zombies. The Demo is currently available for Windows and Mac.

Download Demo

We also launched a Kickstarter campaign last week. With some additional support and a bigger budget we’ll be able to go the extra mile, and accomplish our full vision for the game, as fantastic as it deserves to be. So feel free to back our project!

Kickstarter Page

Feel free to ask more about the development and project.

11. R-Lindsay

R-Lindsay

Hi,

I just took your demo for a spin. Was this designed for PC?

I though it was strange that LMB was not pre-mapped to shoot. I had jumped straight in without checking the mappings and couldn't work out how to shoot. No problem, just hit ESC and check the key bindings right? Nope. You cannot see the key bindings from a game - you have to leave the level first (why?). So after remapping LMB to shoot I restarted the level, but then realised that the binding was largely useless since you don't have mouselook (and I cannot see how to bind that).

Anyway, on with the level. I get the first obstacle and ended up at the bar. But I clearly needed to go up the stairs. It's probably just me, but I couldn't work out how to do something so simple. A and D was mapped to left/right, so I figured that W would be mapped to up. Wrong (again, why isn't this the case?). I though that it was another mapping issue at first so I left the game again (annoying!) to check the bindings. Nothing there. Restarted the level and worked out that you need to jump near stairs to start auto climbing them.

Maybe I'm getting old. And grumpy. But I think there is some room for improvement with the controls.

Lastly, I know it's a period inspired game, but in this day and age you should understand that using gender based insults is going to start rubbing people the wrong way.