Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

GUI Story and Narration Help. (URGENT)

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by fin1002, Mar 20, 2011.

1. fin1002

fin1002

Hello, i was wondering is there was a way to Trigger a GUI text to apear and audio, like in the Unity BootCamp Demo, when you go into the building and it triggers a Narration with Audio, i would also like a Picture (GUI texture) to apear next to my GUI text and animation.

When the Audio ends could you make it so the whole GUI text and Texture disapears.

Could you also tell me what to attach this script to.

Thank You

2. KnifeFightBob

KnifeFightBob

Look at the code for the demo, otherwise you're screwed essentially. Doesn't seem like you know how to code, so any tips would just make things harder for you. Sorry to be a ball buster.

Learn the basics before you need urgent help for a task you shouldn't have started without research.

3. fin1002

fin1002

Ok, but i am not sure what the script is in the demo

4. afalk

afalk

Within Unity, Click on the building where the dialog appears, check for scripts on the object. You can also look under the covers so to speak by expaning the object and seeing if, for example, there are colliders/triggers attached to the building.. The scripts on board will point you in the right location and indicate where to look to see exactly how what you want to do, is coded.

Good luck.

5. fin1002

fin1002

the only thing i could find is a ending point particle, but there is no script attachted to it, i found empty game objects on the floor, its got this strange script called decal on it, it mentions nothing do to with ending point.

I was hoping for you actually name the script.