Search Unity

Grouping multiple arrays in inspector?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by derkoi, Feb 6, 2016.

1. derkoi

derkoi

I have a spawn script which consists of 3 arrays, an array of gameobjects to spawn, an array of ints for the spawn amount and an array of bools for enable/disable of each object.

Right now it's messy, I need to look down the list for the corresponding element number:

So I'm wondering if I can group these together so it looks like this:

Any help would be appreciated as I'm new to editor design.

2. ThermalFusion

ThermalFusion

Create a class with these variables, make an array of this class. Decorate class with [System.Serializable]

Radivarig and Lars12231 like this.
  3. derkoi

derkoi

Wow, thanks that's working. Is there a way to change the 'Element 0' to the name of the prefab I'll be spawning?

4. Baste

Baste

Yes. You'll need to make a custom property drawer for your serializeable class. The doc example shows exactly your case - an array that gets drawn in a readable way.

EDIT:

You could also consider building a reorderable list, which is what it says on the tin, but also allows you to specify exactly how you draw the elements. There's a good example here.

Note that you can use EditorGUI.PropertyField to have a property drawn using it's property drawer - so you can create a reorderable list and have the elements in it drawn using your custom property drawers.

miraycalskn likes this.
  5. derkoi

derkoi

Thanks, I'll take a look at those links.

6. passerbycmc

passerbycmc

Yeah the reorderableList takes a little work to setup but lets you draw the data into the list pretty much anyway you want

7. StarManta

StarManta

This is almost what you're looking for, but if the class has a field 'name', that will show up instead of the element number.

Radivarig, derkoi and ThermalFusion like this.