Search Unity

Green Thumb Studios, Natures Wanderer! :)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Green-Thumb-Studios, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Green-Thumb-Studios

Green-Thumb-Studios

Hey guys, This is Green Thumb Studios! :)

Nature’s Wanderer is an open world / Survival / Adventure / RPG. What is special about this game you ask? We will have no magic in the game it is based on player skill and the different professions, the player has to work around a reputation system that will decide how much gold he makes form quests based on how well he did something or who he decided to help in the quest or how much was destroyed while guarding something, you will also have to choose which side of this world you believe is correct, the Philanthians who strive for freedom and righteousness but are conquers and work in the shadows or the Donsmoke who do anything they want while torturing people but also trying to take back their home land!

This is some art and screen shots:

And finally what the game looks like:

Let us know what you think!! :)

2. Sakeial Studios

Sakeial Studios

This looks pretty good, but something doesn't seem balanced. Maybe if the trees and grass matched better idk. When would a video become available?

3. Green-Thumb-Studios

Green-Thumb-Studios

As soon as we can get one sorted :) Do you mean grass billboards or the grass texture? Any feed back or reference to what you think would work better is welcome.

4. Sakeial Studios

Sakeial Studios

Grass billboards is what I meant. And also after reading I found this a bit interesting; are you looking for any help with the project?

5. Green-Thumb-Studios

Green-Thumb-Studios

We are allways looking for help, we currently have 17 people and are looking for more in many positions.

6. Sakeial Studios

Sakeial Studios

My strong point is programming, and then its modeling. If there is anything you need help or models I would mind joining your team. If that is okay.

7. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

@Sakeial Studios:
    I know whats missing!

If you look at it closely... the grass has no shadows! And it does look a little... bright! :D

@Green Thumb Studios: Did you hand-draw those? they look good! :)

And the lighting looks really good. I do agree with the out-of-place grass though. IMO, though, it pops out a little too much, and the grass doesn't have any shadows.

8. Green-Thumb-Studios

Green-Thumb-Studios

We did hand draw them! Thanks, but that is true. I didn't think about shadows on Grass billboards... I will look into that and maybe tone down the brightness and make it less "Illuminated"

You can email me on Joshua@natureswanderer.co.za :) We can chat there or on Skype.

9. 8bitCartridge

8bitCartridge

Trees look amazing, grass on the other hand... yea needs less saturation and less lightness + add shadows. Also stones around the fire look our of place - too white and way too bright, make them gray-ish and dirty looking. One more thing logs on the ground need little less saturation as well and a little bit more shadows, but other than that forest looks very VERY GOOD! Great job!

(by the way if you need help / hiring, let me know I am an artist/designer and a programmer/developer.)

10. Green-Thumb-Studios

Green-Thumb-Studios

Thanks for the feed back! We will tone down the saturation on a global scale as we have set it in the shaders and we will be doing a texture swap for rocks and foliage pretty soon so ill give everyone an update then! :)

11. Haagndaaz

Haagndaaz

Big fan of the art style, the cartoony looking objects with the more realistic lighting is very well done!

12. Green-Thumb-Studios

Green-Thumb-Studios

Thank you very much!

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

Love the trees and like the ground. The artwork is amazing too.

The grass needs more work though, needs more volume, darker base and shadows i guess.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  14. Green-Thumb-Studios

Green-Thumb-Studios

Thank you very much! We are most defiantly going to take the grass into account and maybe try and get some nice shadows on the grass. :)

nasos_333 likes this.
  15. ExDeaDguY

ExDeaDguY

Great work, the scene look amazing! However.. The grass needs work! (Lol being sarcastic as many people have said this). Keep up the good work :).

16. Green-Thumb-Studios

Green-Thumb-Studios

:D Thanks. We will most defiantly be changing the grass.

17. Green-Thumb-Studios

Green-Thumb-Studios

We are looking for C# Programmers! :) HERE :)

18. inko

inko

Stealth cat!

Looking forward to stealing cardboard boxes and then sitting in them uncomfortably.

19. Green-Thumb-Studios

Green-Thumb-Studios

The randomness is strong with this one. *Levitates bag of Doritos towards himself after saying this* :p

20. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

*levitates a ginger beer to himself after coding C++ successfully...* :D :p

21. Neophen

Neophen

Just looks like a VERY big project? How many of you guys working on this? Do you have any launched titles already as a team? Your recruitment post seems like you need the whole team from zero? How would you describe your game in one sentence if you had to pitch it to someone?

22. Green-Thumb-Studios

Green-Thumb-Studios

Hi, We have 20 people on the dot for the moment. We are looking for more, but yes this is a large project. One sentence would be: Zero magic, reputation and skill based RPG where not everything is about bigger numbers. Also for anyone that is going to ask, NO This is not an MMO. :p

23. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Pitty... :D Be pretty seeing lots of people in that landscape!

24. Green-Thumb-Studios

Green-Thumb-Studios

It would indeed! I do though believe strongly in the fact that indie teams 99% of the time cant succeed in making an MMO. You need to many people and too much resources.

25. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

I can agree with that. Although, if I could, I would have a GIANT shot at making one myself! :p

26. Green-Thumb-Studios

Green-Thumb-Studios

Indeed. I think most game developers would love to make an MMO one day. :)

27. Green-Thumb-Studios

Green-Thumb-Studios