Search Unity

Grappling Hook 2D [WIP Asset!]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Sykoo, Feb 1, 2015.

?

Would you purchase this asset?

1. Yes, it looks good!

50.0%
  2. No, it needs more...

50.0%
  1. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hi there!

While working for a private customer, developing my own game which are related to Unity - and then having my school and social activities attacking me on the other side, I thought why not start a new project!

Basically, this new asset of mine is inspired by the grappling hook I use in my game. I saw that there are no good assets for a grappling hook with quality code which is cheap, so I thought I could use the same and similar physics and mechanics that I use in my game Lens!

Main Features:
    • Dynamic limit setting [NEW]
    • Moving Platforms support [NEW]
    • Two Dimensional mechanics
    • Dynamic circular swinging movement
    • Detailed and commented codes
    • In-depth documentation tutorials & video tutorials

Please let me know if you've got any feedback and/or suggestions, or just want to say hi! :)
    I'd really appreciate to see your votes on the poll as well, because that's what will decide for the most part if this will actually become an asset!

DEMO VIDEO (used in my game for showing-progress-purposes)

2. Sykoo

Sykoo

Price for the asset will be discussed, please let me know if you got any price-suggestions! :)

3. Sykoo

Sykoo

My signature has been updated and now you can find my stuff easier!

4. Samuel411

Samuel411

What's with the head banging? I wanna listen to whatever music he is listening to.

Razputin likes this.
  5. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hahaha!
    This is a pretty old video from my game, when the animations pretty much were new. I've reworked a lot of them and may even recreate them for some purposes! :) If you still are interested though, "Metalingus - Alter Bridge"

6. Sykoo

Sykoo

The development continues and soon there will be more pictures! :)
    Right now I am working on a very easily working line drawing system/effect between the Hook Holder and the Hook itself, which will represent the rope.

7. Sykoo

Sykoo

Any price suggestions? :)

8. Razputin

Razputin

Can it attach to any object or do you have to attach it to some point.

9. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hi!
    Basically, there is a hook holder object which you have attached to your player, and it acts like some sort of coil. Then there is the hook object itself which 'flies' to the destination with a gravity force that is given by the player. Both of these objects can be replaced by your own models as long as you have the scripts required on them, which there is a tutorial in the asset (documentation) on how and which scripts that has to be added to both of the objects. :) Thank you for asking.

10. Sykoo

Sykoo

Any price suggestions? I was thinking about 5$ :)

Razputin likes this.
  11. Razputin

Razputin

5$ sounds good to me.

12. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you very much! I'll consider about the price more and when the asset is ready to be sold I'll announce the official price :) But I see that people likes 5$ so I'll probably go for it.