Search Unity

Graphics Glitch in Editor and Editor Player

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by GBCFraser, Apr 24, 2015.

1. GBCFraser

GBCFraser

Hi there,
    Where do I report bugs? Or is this a mistake on my part in using the editor?

I am encountering a graphics glitch in the editor. The shadows do not render properly: instead of having a darkened side with the diffuse visible I have a completely solid black shadow. I have uploaded some pictures for reference.

Sometimes the terrain goes completely black as well. This is very strange because it only started happening yesterday.
    It doesn't happen in the build as far as I know.

There are toon shaders and a custom water shader working on some objects.

But the tower and the terrain do not have these shaders applied.

This started to occur and only occurs when I load another level/scene(my main menu), then go into this scene.
    It persists as long as the editor is running. I am able to fix it by restarting the editor. But the graphics glitch occurs again when I move from the menu to the level again, through the player.
    The graphics glitch is reproduced in the editor as well as the player window. I tried changing the shadows around and nothing happens. Adding a point light does change how the darkened face is rendered and I can see the blackened face. I am not sure if this point light effects the terrain, it seems to be harder to reproduce there.

Re: I see the bug report tool, I 'll submit there as well.

Attached Files:

2. GBCFraser

GBCFraser

Please help!