Search Unity

Grand designer, the procedural universe generator

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Ignishot, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Ignishot

Ignishot

Grand designer allows you to create an infinity of planets, nebulae, asteroids thanks to the power of procedural noises. Using the power of your GPU, every parameter changes can be seen in realtime.

Grand designer is a standalone unity application that runs on PC using the power of your DX11 graphic card. It exports textures that you can use in your own projects.

BannerPromo.png

Controlled chaos
    Create complex ground structures by using one of the thirteen noise generators, like Perlin, Voronoi, Multifractals or Billow
    Combine the basic noise layer with a secondary noise layer or procedurally generated craters. Those extra details will beef up the complexity and the richness of the ground of your planet.

Craters2Layers2.png

Natural features

Boost your productions by adding natural details like :
    • oceans - and tune water height, density, colors ...
    • ice caps - and tune ice expansion, randomness, transitions smoothness, minimal and maximal level ...
    • desert regions - and tune desert spread, randomness, edge sharpness ...
    • clouds - and tune clouds shape, coverage, coloring, coriolis effect, twirls intensity and much more.
    Add sediments taking into account the slopes and cavities of the terrain. Color them depending on the moisture level, terrain height and type. Add extra random vegetation to enrich the surface of your planet.

NaturalFeatures3.png

Colorize the world
    Create endless variations of your worlds by using the intuitive color ramps editor. Store presets by categories and recall them whenever you want, it's that easy.

Fill the void
    Set a background for your planet by rendering volumetric nebulae in no time, tuning stars color, density and intensity.

Export
    Export in png, tga, dds and tiff with a resolution up to 16k x 8k with up to 64 samples per pixel. Have access to all individual layers like :
    • albedo
    • roughness
    • ambient occlusion
    • normal map
    • sky color and alpha
    • slopes
    • curvature
    And use the different layers in your favorite engine or renderer like unreal engine or unity.

UE4Unity.png

Grand designer is currently on greenlight, waiting for approval. If it fits your needs, don't hesitate to vote for it here

Product page : ignishot.com/grand-designer.html
    Facebook : www.facebook.com/Ignishot
    Twitter : twitter.com/Ignishot

XCO, theANMATOR2b and Rodolfo-Rubens like this.
  2. richardh

richardh

very nice. Looks polished and professional.

3. Ignishot

Ignishot

Thank you :)

4. Cdngater

Cdngater

Can you generate population maps and have night time lights? Like you do when you look at earth from the dark side.

Otherwise, fantastic work, I may have to add this to my collection.

5. Ignishot

Ignishot

Thank you for your interest in the product! This is something missing right now but it's in the top 5 of my todo list. I'd like to add cities and roads, probably quite roughly, just to have some dots/lights with varying density around the globe, this will add some 'life' to the planet.

6. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Wow, beautiful results

Ignishot likes this.
  7. trudeaudm

trudeaudm

Will this be on the asset store?

8. Ignishot

Ignishot

Probably later, but it will be on steam first (well, if it is greenlit of course).

9. Ignishot

Ignishot

There is now a gallery of planets generated with Grand Designer online, you can enjoy them in their full glory!

Check it here : sketchfab

And please, support the greenlight project here

10. trudeaudm

trudeaudm

Just looking for that asset store link!

11. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

+1

12. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Gorgeous!

13. BES

BES

Looks like they are detailed enough to land on them :) ..quality work.

14. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

Wow, this is great work! I'd love to use it in the future. Do you have an idea of pricing already?

It would be ideal if this were available in the Asset store as well as on Steam :)

Would it also be possible to have it "generated" from content you make yourself? I'm working on a game that has a medieval-fantasy look, so I don't need the "nowadays high tech stuff" like we can see now from space, but an idea of cities and such is something I do need. Especially since I'll needs several planets.

/* looking forward to seeing this live */

15. ostrich160

ostrich160

Really looking forward to seeing this live

16. Nimred

Nimred

This looks amazing! I have been looking for a good planet solution for my scifi game, perhaps this is the one.