Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Google VR Reticle Click on UI Button

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by bitdelve, Jun 29, 2016.

1. bitdelve

bitdelve

So I am having this issue with using Google VR reticle where I cannot click a button. I have an image attached showing the heirarchy and the PlayButton is what I am trying to click. The Canvas has a Graphic Raycaster, the button has an Event Trigger that calls the method to navigate to the next scene. The UpScrollPanel, and DownScrollPanel work just fine. The EventSystem has the Gaze Input Module, as well as Event System, and Touch Input Module.

Any ideas on how to get this working? I have watched a few videos from NurFACEGAMES and while they helped a little, I haven't gotten the click to work yet.

Oh, and I am using Unity 5.3.4f

Attached Files:

2. queercodedcoder

queercodedcoder

Bumping this. I have a button created and when I press it without VR, it works fine. But as soon as I enable VR mode, the button won't trigger with gaze or the touchpad.

3. Selzier

Selzier

I'll make a tutorial on this by tomorrow, thanks for viewing my other tutorials :)

4. Selzier

Selzier

Hmm, I just tested this and it worked fine out of the box. I am using Unity 5.3.4f1, and Google VR 0.91.

I opened HeadsetDemo Scene, added a WorldSpace UI, put a button on the UI, added some function to "OnClick", GvrReticle responded properly to button onGaze events, and when I clicked the button, the function was called.

Am I missing something?

5. juanmartintosini

juanmartintosini

I'm having the same problem! Could you find a solution?

6. DyrdaOrg

DyrdaOrg

anybody found anything?
    Do you have any idea how to replace that pesky "Input.GetButtonDown("Fire1")" with TimedInputObject? I can't get that gaze to work instead of this click :/