Search Unity

Google VR Double Lens Rendering issues

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by jjennings1990, Jul 27, 2016.

1. jjennings1990

jjennings1990

Hello everybody I am working on a Google Cardboard app using the GoogleVR Unity SDK . I was able to get the project built and exported , and the head tracking functionality is fine however I have this strange issue where it looks like both the left lens and the right lens are both being rendered in each lens. So instead of the player having two unique viewpoints to form one combined image we have the equivalent of two cardboard views being rendered in each lens ( See the attached screenshot ).

This is my first VR app and I am a little bit lost on what the issue may be . I am currently using the Split Stereo Display SDK for the projects settings , would it be preferential to use the Oculus SDK ? I have a feeling it is an issue with our VR camera settings but while I have been playing with settings . Any and all suggestions are welcome , Thank you !

Attached Files:

2. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

You should have no VR SDK set in PlayerSettings if you're using the GoogleVR Unity SDK.

We are in the process of adding Google VR as a built-in SDK but it is not yet publicly available.

3. jjennings1990

jjennings1990

Thank you very much , I will remove the currently selected SDK packages then .