Search Unity

Google Play developer registration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maklaud, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Maklaud

Maklaud

Hi Guys!

A few years ago I created Windows Phone developer account and it was easy to pay for that - I just filled in my card number, security code and that's all.
    Now I want to make my Google Play developer account and it's some kind of strange for me. They want me to make this "Google Wallet" and fill in my card, my real name, address etc there. I don't want to do that.
    First, I don't trust this "Wallet". Second, I have only RUB card now and want to pay for the account with this card, nothing else. And then I want to make a new USD card and bind it to my account, if I have some profit.

Can anyone tell my something about this wallet? Can I pay for the account without creation of this wallet or so?

Are there similar strange things in registering an Apple developer account?

Thanks!

2. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

I don't think so, but do you really think Google is out to steal your money?

3. Maklaud

Maklaud

Of course, not. Anyway, I don't like this idea. I don't want to create these wallets.
    As I see it, I create one wallet with the first card. Then another wallet with the second card. It's too much, I think. I don't want these wallets, I just want to pay once for the account.

4. elmar1028

elmar1028

You can remove google wallet credit card afterwards. Or if you're extra paranoia - use prepaid visa cards. Unfortunately Google doesn't accept PayPal, possibly because of this.

Anyway, if I were you I would just buy the license and then close google wallet. However, if your country is supported for merchant account, then you would need a google wallet permanently to receive payments. Otherwise, you can just puts ads into your mobile app and get paid by third party advertising networks.

5. Maklaud

Maklaud

Thanks for the reply! Yep, I'm a bit extra paranoia :)
    It's good that it's possible to close a wallet later. Then I will have to open the first one, buy the license and close it.
    And my country is supported, but as I told above, I want to add another card (USD). But I will do that only if I have any profit.

Update.
    Before I start, will I need to confirm a wallet? I have to enter my real name and address there, will they check it somehow?

6. elmar1028

elmar1028

Nope. Just add it and that's it!

Update: They check your credit card on the go. Whether credit card exists or not. Remember: Google won't steal any money, it's just not worth it! They earn millions in less than a week!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  7. TheRaider

TheRaider

Google wallet is just a payment gateway. You can't really compare it to other wallets.

8. Nubz

Nubz

Too funny.
    I doubt you have enough money to make google want to steal it.

9. bitcrusher

bitcrusher

google wallet is like paypal for google stuff.

10. Maklaud

Maklaud

Once again for the those who in doubt :)
    I never think google wants to steal my money! I just want to fill in my card number and pay for the license, without creating useless wallets or so :)
    But thanks to elmar1028 I know it's possible to delete it and then add another one with another card. That's what I need. I don't need a wallet with a RUB card, I need a USD card, but don't have it now. Hope you understand now :)

11. Maklaud

Maklaud

Guys, some more questions about dev account.
    I know that it's necessary to make a dev account on the base of any google account. But is it necessary to have a gmail account for that? Or can I make, for example, another mail account, then create a google account with this email and then register a dev account?

After registration:
    1. is it possible to change my publish name (I don't know how to call it correctly - the name I sell my games under).\
    2. is it possible to change google account and save (migrate) all the games, settings, achievements to another account? I want to know it if I decide to change my email and make another account, but don't start from the scratch.

Thanks!

12. bitcrusher

bitcrusher

google it

13. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

(I made mine ages ago, so things might have changed)

Yep.

Yes.

I don't know.

14. Maklaud

Maklaud

bitcrusher don't teach me to google, I know that. There is a reason why I asked that here.
    TylerPerry thanks. I also read it's possible to change account (in their support articles), but decided to ask someone who have created a dev account.

15. elmar1028

elmar1028

I am not sure about game migration, but you can "invite" your new gmail account and give it all provileges. Thus you can edit, publish, unpublish games from another account!

16. Maklaud

Maklaud

Yes, I think I have read that too in their support articles. But I mean a bit another action. I want to make one account, let's call it test account. Publish a few games and then make another account, let's call it final. And migrate all the games from the first to the second. It isn't so important, but would be very convenient for me because of some reasons.

17. elmar1028

elmar1028

I don't see why it's necessary. No one can see your email address unless you type it yourself. Moreover, you are able to change the publisher name at any time.

18. violinbg

violinbg

The "Google Wallet" is just their payment system. It's same as adding your CC on Amazon, Newegg etc. How would you expect some business to take money from you without asking for Name, Address etc? They need to confirm the Address and Name to the CC.
    Also you need the Wallet to buy stuff from Google Play.

I have one - it's safe.

Why you don't want to share your name but want to earn money? I advice people to not do business with anonymous people.