Search Unity

Google Drive integration

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by Calvin_And_Hobbies, May 22, 2015.

1. Calvin_And_Hobbies

Calvin_And_Hobbies

This is going to sound like an odd question but stay with me: Is there any plug-in/extension/documentation to integrate Google Drive into your game?

I've seen the extention that lets you use Google Sheets to do translations, but I want one that lets the end user log in with their Google account so the game can read and write data. That way the player can easily access their game from anywhere and access player created content from others via sharing.

If this exists please comment below. If it doesn't and you feel technologically savvy enough feel free to make this idea real and then send me a link.

Thanks in advance!

2. BMayne

BMayne

Hey there,

Your basically trying to use google drive as your game server. I am sure there are APIs out there to allow you to do some of this but it would be quite awkward. You also have to take into account if your users would feel comfortable logging into their google drive and let it take control.

I would suggest into just creating a game server this is the standard way of doing things.

Cheers,

idurvesh likes this.