Search Unity

Golden Axe Viking character.

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Zero Below, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Zero Below

Zero Below

A company asked me to create him as a paid commission, finished it, the first guy said he liked it but needed to ask his partner, then never heard back from them again.

Any criticisms? I could enlarge the arms but otherwise I thought it was coming along okay. We agreed on about $250 for him, 3 poses, a treasure chest, shield, and slots machine. He had a friend who refused to do the job for less than $450.

I'm inexperienced with character modeling and so set the price low, but apparently not. Maybe I should just focus on creating level props, weapons, or equipment.

Really, need a way to monetize my skills while still searching for a niche to fill.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Looks good. I'm thinking this is a low poly model? How much time does something like this take you?

3. Zero Below

Zero Below

Took me about 3 days. I switched out his armor for a different set that was more Viking themed. To be honest this was sculpted in Zbrush, do you think it lacks detail?

4. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Oh no. Just it is difficult to tell sometimes if details are in the geometry or in the texture. I'm not a 3D person though. Looks fine to me. You could probably create the set of viking models (chest and shield you mentioned) and a few more weapons. Maybe a female character. Then sell on asset store. Seems like you could easily get $400 or more (not per sale I mean over time).

5. Zero Below

Zero Below

That would be one possibility. I'm experimenting with stuff for 3D printing, for some fresh grounds to break into. It'd be nice to have a successful store while relying on a 3rd party for the printing and eventually purchase of my own.

Though they probably have multiple places to ship from which speeds up the shipping and handling times while probably being higher quality resolution as the machines are industrial grade.

I'd better figure this out soon or I'll be stuck as a foreign English teacher.