Search Unity

Gokemon GO - PokemonGO Practice Game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by nerojumpstudio, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nerojumpstudio

nerojumpstudio

Munchy2007 likes this.
  2. GhulamJewel

GhulamJewel

Lol shameless attempt to cash in on the Pokemon Go bandwagon.

3. steelersfan252

steelersfan252

ew

voltage likes this.
  4. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

looks like S***, bruh...just stop

voltage likes this.
  5. guede-91

guede-91

well, it is not a bad idea actually but perhaps you could work on it a bit more

6. k1mset

k1mset

Honestly really confused on everyone with their negative feedback. I don't know the developers, or know the commentators, however the remarks here as well as on the Google Play page are disgusting to say the least.

All this is from what I have seen is an easy way to practice throwing the Pokeballs so that you don't have to waste yours in game for Pokemon go. Yet the creator is being attacked as trying to get a quick cash grab? On what? Its a free app to help you.

Another guy saying it looks like S*** and to just stop? Really? This is about helping others and you swoop in, claiming to have all these interactive tutorials and programming lessons (to help others mind you, and you also get paid for Youtube views), to bash on someone trying to help others? Jeez, what a shame...

I imagine you are also the same ones commenting on his Google Play market page as well?

Either way, I thought the game was a cool little way to practice the game without wasting your resources, or looking for Pokemon. Thanks for the app.

Munchy2007 and Marceta like this.
  7. Marceta

Marceta

I agree with @k1mset, i can't believe someone who is giving programming lessons or making tutorials says "looks like S***, bruh...just stop". And his moto is ""The Key to Understanding is by Interactive Learning." or in text about him he says "I am an outgoing individual who works well with others". Complete joke of a person.
    This developer obviously is practicing/learning or just making stuff for fun, no need for hate.

Munchy2007 likes this.
  8. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

Ha, I hit some hard feels on this one, huh?

Let me explain baby bird.

What is Unity? To you, and many others Unity is a game engine that allows you to make anything your little heart desires.

There's a problem with that. 99.9% of the content developed with Unity is complete S***. For example, the OP's content is complete S***. Now, I'm not saying he should stop developing in Unity, as I absolutely love Unity, but by him developing this type of content and releasing it to the world, it contributes to the poor stereotype of Unity that it's the noob engine, cheap engine, "S***" engine, and so forth.

This section of the forums is a clear example why Unity isn't used by top studios and why Unreal and custom engines are still the top choice. Over the next 5 years, I strongly believe that will change as I've been an active role in teaching the industry how to use this engine to not just individuals, but entire companies and have experienced what happens when people give it a chance, and actually put work into their projects, you can develop stunning content.

Let's summarize:

Yes, I teach game development.

Yes, this is complete S*** and should not be displayed.

9. Murgilod

Murgilod

Much like your posting.

SubZeroGaming likes this.
  10. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

11. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

Slender clone/flappy clone/asset flip... will earn you a tide of abuse. Not like OP cares. Obviously never came back and likely doesnt care.

I think the general problem is stuff like this shouldnt be on the store. If he wants to learn go for it, but the store is already full of rubbish that takes away from people who have put some thought/effort into what theyre doing.

12. Murgilod

Murgilod

Or, you know, the OP did come back, saw a bunch of people S***ting up their thread, and decided not to post again because it looked like the community was full of assholes.

You know. Either or.

13. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

He/she was on last Sunday. So yep. You're right. Cant decide if its a loss. But im an asshole. haha

14. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

I don't see this going anywhere positive. Let's try to be a little less rough on new users, and give them the benefit of the doubt... even in a case like this.

k1mset and Munchy2007 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.