Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Save $600 !! ✅]Global Illumination Proxy-Fast fully real time GI,Zero baking,Mobile optimized,IBL

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Aug 9, 2014.

1. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

I would submit the new one to them. I'm guessing they would assume it was a bug fix. Those area lights look nice, feel free to send the update to me if you want me to test them with linear lighting. I'm guessing you had to use gamma lighting as you have unity free. It's amazing the graphics quality you are managing to get out of only the free version though.

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

These area lights are a very simple trick for now, just uses point lights placed correctly. I do plan to make a new AI to control them so they behave correct in all situations (like when they get close to a surface and point lights show)

But is a good start for getting area lights that will not interact much (or at least be animated in a way so that they dont break the effect), plus works on Unity Free as you point out :)

The next version will try to regulate the point lights in position and intensity when the light gets close to a surface, so the result seems smooth in every scenario.

I was planning to PM about the update, i have it ready so i can upload and send the dropbox link. I will do it today if i have time or tomorrow the latest.

The update was submitted today, they had an option to replace the old review, so it is all well i guess. Also i managed to find time to finally finish the Particle Dynamic Magic v1.7 update and will submit that tomorrow as well :)

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The v1.5 pack has been succesfully submitted to the store and pending review. Should be up in the next few days.

The new price is 40$ and the current 25$ one will last until the review is done, so should be low price for a few more days

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

A note on Jove script, it seems some of the code will not work right away.

The script will be updated soon after the current review is done.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi everyone,

A question

I am thinking of providing a new bundle of Particle Dynamic Magic and the Global Illumination Proxy systems together, they will have a lower price than getting them individually (80$ than 105$ (65$+40$)) and i may also add in the whole PDM angry bots demo, adding GI too so there is a very good sample of in game implementation for both packs.

Would you be interested in something like that ?

6. SteveB

SteveB

If you're 'bundling' while still allowing them to be individually purchased, then yes you should absolutely do this! :D

As for included GI demo's...more is always better IMHO, moreso if it's directly applicable. The Angry Bots demo is a great example of a real ga

-Steven

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the input :)

Yes, of course, the individual packs will remain and be updated as always (all updates will go to the bundle as well).

I will try to find a formula to include Angry Bots too, the problem is that is too big to be practical to have in the packs and i will have to either cut back or find another formula to do it.

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

The review for the pack is not over yet, so it is discounted for a few more hours (or days maybe)

Grab it while it lasts :)

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi everyone,

The v1.5 pack was submitted this monday and a price change may (or may not) happen today. I will update the reminder if it goes into the weekend as well.

Make sure to grab it in the next few hours though, just to be on the safe side :)

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Global Illumination Proxy Version 1.5 is now up at the store

Features for the new v1.5:

2ond light bounces, with controllable instensity, plus parameters for controling the radius of the lights

IBL lighting & new sky mode, to grab color from the sky dome texture

Support for Jove point lights

Area Lights Proxy setup (with GI)

- Added option to make 2ond bounce lights "not important" in render mode
    - Added demo scene, with in to outdoors transition and hero follow mode (link in the post above)
    - Optimized performance for 2ond bounces, main bounce lights will raycast one per frame
    - Fixed some rules for eliminating ligths that did not apply to point lights and fixed light creation and elimination for point lights, so the further away created bounce lights dont dissapear when created.
    - IBL parameter added to define the degree of influence of the sky to the GI
    - Added option to move the lights away from the hit surface along the normal vector, for better distribution of lights in space.

Everything is working in Unity Free and all Unity platforms. All demos are made with Unity Free.

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

A note on Jove script, it seems some of the code will not work right away, so i attach the script here to use if it is not easy to manually fix the Jove related items.

The corrected code is courtesy of IanStanbridge. Thanks for the help Ian :)

Control_Jove_light.cs
    Code (csharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using System.Collections;
    4. using Jove;
    6. namespace Artngame.GIPROXY {
    8. public class Control_Jove_light : MonoBehaviour {
    10. // Use this for initialization
    11. void Start () {
    13. //Enable the below if you have Jove
    15. this.gameObject.AddComponent(typeof(JoveLight));
    17. //grab Jove light
    18. This_Jove_light = this.gameObject.GetComponent(typeof(JoveLight)) as JoveLight;
    20. This_Jove_light.type = JoveLightType.Point;
    21. This_Jove_light.range = this.light.range;
    22. This_Jove_light.radius = 0; // i dont know what this is exactly, assuming it is the physical size of the point light, need this to be zero so the light source is not visible
    23. This_Jove_light.color = this.light.color;
    24. This_Jove_light.intensity = this.light.intensity;
    26. this.light.enabled=false;
    27. }
    29. //Enable the below if you have Jove
    30. JoveLight This_Jove_light;
    32. // Update is called once per frame
    33. void Update (){
    35. //Enable the below if you have Jove
    36. This_Jove_light.range = this.light.range;
    37. This_Jove_light.radius = 0; // i dont know what this is exactly, assuming it is the physical size of the point light, need this to be zero so the light source is not visible
    38. This_Jove_light.color = this.light.color;
    39. This_Jove_light.intensity = this.light.intensity * 5000;
    41. }
    42. }
    43. }
    The script will also be updated in the next version.

The price is set to 40$, so it is more indie friendly and the final price will come later (probably after the next update)

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

I have been working on the day/night cycle, it is still WIP though and will take some time to get perfect

What i would like to do is offer some cool sundown and sunsets as well, maybe by a more complete module that will handle a proper sun and sky texture, than just a light.

Another thing i plan to research on, is various effects possibilities with light masks and projections, to combine with the main effects, for effects like caustics etc

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

You can try the new Anrgy Bots demo below (includes Particle Dynamic Magic asset effects as well).

I have removed all lights from Angry Bots (and lightmapping) and have Area GI lights and a spot light, to emulate the darker games like Aliens or Dead Space.

I also plan to add a directional GI light later to light the scene near the hero. This will be a separate demo since will be another use (not for spot light/flash light darker, more suspensefull scenarios).

Another demo will cover the use of Spot GI lights for lighting, this will be a third demo with another approach and will come after the first two.

GI Proxy and Particle Dynamic Magic in AngryBots - Pitch Black demo
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/BUNDLE/BUNDLE DEMO.html

15. zenGarden

zenGarden

Well i find it looks strange as many elements are unlit, i don't see some GI effect as using a directionnal light with low intensity and a spot light for the player will make almost same lightening. Perhaps you could add a buttton to turn on/off GI to see the difference ? I think your GI is more appropriate on small scenes with many lights and shadowing.
    This could be interesting as like many people i plan vast vegetation outdoor levels instead of making some dark horror games.

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

I already have a demo for the vast open spaces (the new Atrium outdoors demo), so i decided to offer more variety in demos.

I do plan to have the Angry Bots made with more effects and variety later. I checked and some items indeed have kept the old shaders, that is why they dont receive light, i will fix this in the next update, it has nothing to do with the GI.

Also the flashlight GI effect is all the lighting besides the spot light circle, everything else is GI. But you are right of course, i will have a ON/OFF button in the next demo for sure :) and some adjustement options to vary the GI effect.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  17. nasos_333

nasos_333

A test with a few more lights, subtle lighting under the sun WIP

18. zenGarden

zenGarden

It looks better. Could you post a test on a terrain level with trees and some houses or stuctures ?
    Otherwise i'm curious , have you found some time to improve the plugin and make it more easy to use ?

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Unfortunately have not found the time yet, all i can do for now is offer samples with the ready setups, like the Atrium scene with the outside world. I could make a test with a complete pack, but this will take some time because i have to do a lot of things to make such a setup, i will probably use BEP2 for it, what do you think ?

Also the plugin is easy to use, it is just one script you attach to a light, the debug can be done after checking the debug variables in the script and by looking at the bounce light pool, that is how i do all setups so far and is not hard, just needs some experimentation to get right. I will try to think of a way to automate the process further, but i dont think this will be easy, as every case is different and covering all in an automatic way would need lots of extra work and is not guranteed to be an optimal solution either.

I will try to do my best to make the pack easier to use of course, i just dont know yet what exactly to do :) to make it happen.

20. zenGarden

zenGarden

Ok, if you update on asset store , i'll give it a try :)

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sure, i will try to do it as fast as possible and notify.

In the mean time, if you need a specific scene setup, you could always email me the scene and i will try to make the perfect setup for it :)

22. zenGarden

zenGarden

Thanks, but i will not bother you more ;)
    I'll try it and see in what situations i could use it, like for example some mid level outdoor. It could work with one directionnal light and having GI always calulated around the player when you move it.

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, this is one clear use and is demonstated in the latest atrium scene (v.1.5 one, with the IBL). That is how i use it in my RPG too and works great. Remember to also move the sun position as it rotates for more accurate effect (since the ray casting starts from the sun position).

Also remember to turn on the debug options in the script and see exactly what it does (all raycasts and where they register lights), this way you can adjust the grid and lights as desired (after exiting play mode).

Any problem you come across, let me know and i will try to find a solution and post it here (or in email if you want) asap :)

One other note, the system attached to the hero in the atrium is the spot light one, not the sun light. The sun light is attached to a separate gameobject (the one with the sun light) and is referencing the hero transform in the script HERO variable (that is how it gets the transform in play mode). Make sure the grid of lights hits around yor hero right after you get in play mode (using the debug mode), this way the lights will follow the hero properly.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  24. zenGarden

zenGarden

Could that become some feature on your asset ? like some sun prefab ready to use doing all stuff already ?
    Keep the good work.

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

The day/night cycle is the main thing planned for a next version :).

I want to get it right though and is not very easy. If you have another sky solution you can always use that light with GI, if not i do plan to provide a day/time module for free later, but it all depends on the time i have to develop it.

As with all my packs, this one will get constant updates, the frequency is the only thing that will fluctuate and depends a lot on sales and reviews, if those go slow, i also go slower because the income from assets is minimal and i have to do many other projects to get by.

If you watch the Particle Dynamic Magic asset for example, it has got so many new features that even i cant believe i went ahead and made them and still going. For sure GI Proxy will get the same treatment, for example i managed to squeeze 2ond bounces, IBL, Jove support and more at v1.5 update and when i get the next window will go ahead again with Day/Night cycles, more examples and ease of use and much more hopefully.

It is just that to make the new features for production level, i do need a rather nicely sized window :)

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

A reminder

As of version 1.5 the spot light can support a grid for bounce lights, by using the new grid rotation option.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi everyone,

There is an issue in the store, where the asset may not appear in the Scripting -> Effects page (at least i cant find it, after many refreshes of my browser).

If you want to find the asset page, there is a direct link in this thread, in my signature or can be seached as "GI Proxy" in the search bar of the store.

Here is also a direct link:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/21197

Thanks and sorry for the incovinience, i dont know why its icon does not appear in the store page. Hopefully will come back soon.

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The Particle Dynamic Magic & GI Proxy bundle asset has been release on the asset store !
    (http://u3d.as/9xk)

Now you can enjoy both advanced particle and lighting effects for a discounted bundle price. Enjoy :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  29. Hrothvitnir

Hrothvitnir

Just a heads up - the link is broken, just takes me to main asset store page.
    Congrats on your work so far however.

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the kind comments and the broken link notification :), it is a problem with some links for unknown reason.

I will change to the Twitter shortcut.

Edit:

The link to the asset has been changed to one that (hopefully) globally works in all browsers.

Particle Dynamic Magic & GI Proxy bundle asset store link.
    (http://u3d.as/9xk)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  31. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

A day/night cycle with GI implementation is in the works and should be ready in the coming weeks, i will try to make it as expansive as possible.

32. Licarell

Licarell

Will your particle system work with Jove2.0

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

The system is using Shuriken, so if Shuriken particles work with Jove, i suppose it will work fine. I dont have Jove to test though.

EDIT: I also put up a question in Jove thread, to have a more official answer on the matter.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  34. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

I've tested particle dynamic magic with Jove and it works fine. Obviously you need to change the shaders it uses for use with Jove though. Also there aren't very many particle shaders currently available in Jove at the moment so you may struggle getting some of the effects to look the same as the prefabs. As long as you don't mind changing the shaders or are just planning to use it to create new particle systems that emit Jove meshes or prefabs you have created with Joves shaders it's a good choice.

nasos_333 likes this.
  35. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the input Ian, it is great to know it works and is not using a separate particle system.

I hope to get Jove at some point and play with their particle renderer and offer a library with Jove specific effects, that would be a very interesting addition to have in the pack.

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The day/night cycle is still WIP, since i am trying various methods to come up with the one that best suits the system and all other possible major assets. Hopefully will have a working final system this month and i am also considering having atmospheric scattering in, but this is not certain yet, depends on how hard it is to implement.

Also a summary on how the packs works.

- GI Proxy does not require Unity Pro, it works fully in Unity Free.
    - There is no need to change any shaders or use anything special in a excisting scene and works with all assets that support Unity point lights (which is all assets i guess).
    - There is no need for baking or pre-calculation of anything, it is completly real time.
    - It has a script included to support Jove point lights.
    - It supports "Hero mode" optimization, to cast GI only around the hero for large maps.
    - It supports 2ond light bounces for extra detail in dark places..

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  37. nasos_333

nasos_333

The ARTnGame sale has started :) !!!!! GI Proxy 35% off !!!

LINK - Global Illumination Proxy: http://u3d.as/93L (-35%)

LINK - Particle Dynamic Magic Bundle (PDM + GI Proxy): http://u3d.as/9xk (-30%)

And remember that every written review of PDM (in bundle or standalone) will get my Mystery Icons pack for free !!!

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Reminder: Dont forget to rate the PDM bundle (or standalone) with a written review and get the Mystery icons pack for free !!!

Last day of the offer today !

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Remember to get the pack while the offer lasts, on 35% less price.

Global Illumination Proxy for only 25$ !!!!

Bring Unity lighting to a whole new level and enjoy fully dynamic and robust in play mode Global Illumination. No special shader setup or pre-calculations/baking is required.

Effects work in Unity Free & Pro and are optimized for mobile.

40. zenGarden

zenGarden

Hi i was wandering if you have improved the documenation or imrpoved the plugin ?

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

Certainly, i just dont have time to polish and post. For one i will include the day/night cycle with attached the GI in hero mode and provide a demo scene and prefab. There are still some issues to be addressed in the cycle, some blind spots etc, hopefully this week i will have time to handle that and release.

Also my new Sky MASTER pack will use GI Proxy the same way, so if you get it, you will be able to use GI Proxy with it immediately.

Check this thread for more info, this pack was partly started as i was working for the day/night cycle for GI Proxy :), so their day/night cycleis based on the same WIP system.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/sk...bal-illumination-and-light-scattering.277618/

About documentation, i will try to make a separate PDF with pics and step by step instructions to setup the effects, but i cant make any promise on when this will come.

42. zenGarden

zenGarden

43. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

For those that have Unity Pro, does the pack take advantage of Unity Pro features for better performance ?

44. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

Because it is in effect simulating GI by telling unity to render a series of point lights it will automatically take advantage of any differences between free and pro. It even supports the Jove renderer which of course needs Pro. In unity 4 the deferred renderer isn't very good though so you don't get the performance benefits you would expect over the free version. In unity 5 the deferred renderer actually works as it should though and you do see a noticeable benefit when using lots of lights especially on mobile.

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the clarifications Ian, the deferred in Unity 5 sounds great to work with.

The difference in Unity 4 should be the standard one if many point lights are used in deferred vs the forward, i suppose should be a bit faster depending on the setup.

46. nasos_333

nasos_333

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

The pack is now back to the original price.

There is always the possibility to get both Particle Dynamic Magic and GI Proxy for less (80$ instead of 110$) in the Advanced FX Creator bundle.

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Without GI Proxy
    With GI Proxy (1 bounce light)

Without GI Proxy

With GI Proxy (2 bounce lights)

UPDATE:

A new demo stage will also be coming in the next update, that will allow the use of just 1-2 bounce lights in the Attrium scene, in hero follow mode, for minimizing draw calls and maximizing performance.

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

Discounted price submitted for GI proxy !!!

The new price offer (50% off the normal price) will start as soon the submission passes review by Unity Store, probably next week.

50. blackbird

blackbird

does anybody test it on vita ?