Search Unity

Gloabl fog renders incorrectly in SteamVR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Thermos, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Thermos

Thermos

When using Global Fog in the latest version(5.4.0f2) in SteamVR. when you blend your neck to the left or right side, you will notice that the "height fog" only appeared in one eye. I've already submit a bug report, case number (815234) a week ago, but not getting any response.

screenshots bellow:
    screenshot 1 - normal:
    1.png

screenshot 2 - blend neck to right side
    2.png

screenshot 3 - blend neck to left side
    3.png

Also, if enable single-pass stereo, the image is more strange. All transparent layers are rendered up side down if Global fog is enabled.

4.png

Global fog effect is fatal to our game and I'd like to test how many units we can put into battlefield while maintaining a good performance if we enable single-pass stereo rendering. Any update would be apprenticed.

2. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

This is likely due to the fact that OpenVR renders with an asymmetric projection matrix instead of padding it. (see this post for a bit more detail). Single-pass likely needs to be fixed up as well. I've forwarded your issue on to QA and we'll evaluate and see if there is a workaround for now, and we'll get a fix queued up.

3. Thermos

Thermos

Thanks for your reply, thep. But it seems the case I reported could not be found on FogBugz(link). Should I report another one?