Search Unity

GIT Submodule - Authentication failed

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Bailywick, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Bailywick

Bailywick

I'm having trouble getting my build working.

I'm trying to build a GIT project that uses a number of submodules (some of which also have submodules in turn). I've set up the ssh key for my GIT account (a single account that has access to all the Repositories used).

I get an authentication error though, as you can see in the following log (I've masked out our repository names)

I have tried setting up a build to grab the submodules directly and the get checkout works (the build fails further on as they're not unity projects). I wonder if the authentication is correctly set up for submodules? Not sure what I can do to check, or change anything though. Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Welcome to the forums!

If your project is using private Git submodules, please make sure that the urls present in your .gitmodules file are using the git@bitbucket.org:youraccount/yourrepo.gitsyntax - not https:// or git://.

Please let mek now how it goes. :)

Bailywick likes this.
  3. Bailywick

Bailywick

Thanks that fixed it. I might have to work around this as I have a feeling we have other tools that prefer the https urls. But for now I've got a lot further down the build process, thanks.

David-Berger likes this.
  4. jamessa

jamessa

I didn't see step 13. Checkout submodule in my Unity Cloud Build. I am wondering how did you insert that command into your build?

5. unitychrism

unitychrism

jamessa,

Are you having a problem setting up git submodules? The listing that Bailywick posted is the Cloud Build log itself, if you are experiencing an issue please direct message me a link to your project.

Bailywick likes this.
  6. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Could you please tell us on how to solve for the private git submodules?
    We have 3 team members and adding an account in the commited gitmodule isn't a viable solution.

Thanks,
    VB Team

v01pe_ likes this.