Search Unity

Getting blendshape weight out of range.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by ReMix3D, Dec 15, 2013.

1. ReMix3D

ReMix3D

Hello all.

For an app heavily based on morphing a facial mesh, I need to have negative weights applied on some of my blendshapes.
    Firstly, I don't understand why the documentation mentions a "0-1" range :
    When playing with the SkinnedMeshRenderer of my object, 0 is no influence, but 100 is for full influence, not 1.
    And having negative or over 100 values don't seem to change anything, it seems to be clamped to [0-100].

I've tried disabling the weight limitation of the morpher modifier in 3DS Max, or setting the limits at [-200;200], but nothing changes in Unity.

So, is there a way to get out of this [0-100] range ?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  2. letoast

letoast

I am having the same problem as well and am also interested in the solution. It would be quite cumbersome to have to have 2 blendshapes for each movement that requires only one(stretching the face and shrinking it/moving the eye position up or down/moving the ears in or out).

3. zcoldrick

zcoldrick

I too am looking for a solution to this problem but after hours of searching haven't found one.

4. Metatronic

Metatronic

yes this is really disappointing since many morphs I have originally relied on negative weighting. I will have to set all the morphs to their negative most value and then force all the weights in unity3d to 50% just to get the basis setting.

5. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

You can always use the morpher in MegaFiers, it has full support for negative weights.