Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Get started with Intel RealSense & Unity3d

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by KarthiPoise, May 12, 2015.

?

Intel RealSense will be a biggest thread for Apple

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. can't say

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. KarthiPoise

KarthiPoise

Where i can find tutorials, reference materials to start simple games app using Intel RealSense with Unity3d?
    My goal is to create a humanoid avatar do some gesture actions or speak :)

2. ConjuringTheFuture

ConjuringTheFuture

You can download the RealSense SDK from here:
    https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk

In there you'll find a unity toolkit plugin as well as a few examples that use the SDK directly, (including a fracetracking avatar example)

I have been working with the Intel developer relations team on creating a set of video/examples/tutorials that are specifically aimed at unity users. I've done a couple of the videos so far but I think Intel wants to publish them as a whole set and that isn't finished yet.

As to other resources available right now other then the Intel made examples, it seems like Mike Taulty did a series of general tutorials on his blog:
    http://mtaulty.com/CommunityServer/blogs/mike_taultys_blog/archive/tags/RealSense/default.aspx
    They are just general C# and not unity specific.

I also setup a the #RealSense IRC channel on the freenode server so devs would have a place to chat about RealSense.

KarthiPoise likes this.
  3. KarthiPoise

KarthiPoise

4. hsnk

hsnk

5. ConjuringTheFuture

ConjuringTheFuture

@hsnk The last of my set were edited and sent off to Intel yesterday. I'm not sure if they will want some re shoots or how and when they will release them . But I'll keep everyone posted.

The first couple videos are about how to get everything setup and imported into Unity. Then most of the rest are either performance tips around what you can do keep RealSense running as fast, or they cover areas I thought were lacking in the Intel provided examples and tutorials.

So the first video would be helpful to someone just starting out, but the rest are sort of mid level, and don't really cover things that there are already other examples for. So if you want to get started out you should download and install Intel's SDK and take a look at all of their examples. Then maybe check out my videos if you don't find what you are looking for or things are not running as fast as you would like them too.

6. ConjuringTheFuture

ConjuringTheFuture

7. lairlair

lairlair

The playlist doesn't seem to exist anymore. Is it relaocated anywhere? Or does anyone have a tip?
    I can't find any ressources on realsense cameras with unity.

8. ConjuringTheFuture

ConjuringTheFuture

@lairlair

Yeah Intel controlled those videos and took them down a while back when they completely changed the SDK. I might have them somewhere buried in an old machine but they are not helpful anymore because of the changed SDK. I was working with the new realsense sdk a fair bit while I was at facebook but I have not really touched it since I left a bit over a year ago. At the time we were working directly with intel and getting resources that way.

Your best bet might be to poke around the intel dev mesh community

https://devmesh.intel.com/topics/19