Search Unity

Genocide Dolphins (Surreal adventure FPS from Radiant Silver Labs)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by radiantboy, Nov 27, 2014.

1. radiantboy

radiantboy

On the far side of the universe lies the Screaming Tortoise nebula. An unhospitable alien environment of meteor storms, carnivorous wildlife and interdimensional abominations. Mankind's last hope for the future.

You are one of the lucky few, leaving the dying Earth for a one-way trip through the World Portal to Screaming Tortoise 8, one of 10 planetoids terraformed by Architects like yourself to create a new home for humanity. The last vestiges of Earth's finest architecture jostle for space between grandiose neon-drenched skyscrapers and soul-crushing, disease-ridden slums. Here Earth's refugees rub shoulders with sentient droids, alien wildlife and the Wolongs; clones created in a desperate attempt to pull our species back from the brink of extinction. Here you may indulge in every vice and illicit pleasure you can conceive of, and some yet beyond your imagination. And here you will lead the fight against forces that would deny us our final chance of survival.

Hi guys, I have been working on Genocide Dolphins for 2 years today, here is the latest video of my progress. You can think of GD as a sort of surreal cyberpunk GTA set in a Monty Pythonesque reality. So far there is no implementation of the missions/story but it has all been defined and I am just writing the mission system code now. So this video really only demonstrates a run around my main city. Expect lots more functionality soon, hope this excites somebody, because it excites the hell out of me :) If you wish to follow this game you can also like it on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/genocidedolphins

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  2. Razorwings18

Razorwings18

I like the atmosphere you're going for. The 2 minute mark of the trailer solidly confirmed my suspicions regarding the creative process. :D

3. zenGarden

zenGarden

It's original world and style , something people don't make a lot today :)
    About the weapon shouldn't it be stylized (colors and neon or glow effects) instead of realistic texturing (like the game) ?

radiantboy likes this.
  4. radiantboy

radiantboy

Hi guys, back with another tantalising update! I have been working on adding some stylish effects to the 3rd person view - I'm fast falling in love with the 3rd person view (of UFPS), and adding some extra bells and whistles has been more fun than I can even explain. It's just instant gratification, what I always wanted from game dev :) Had lots of fun doing some "cityscape running" and making some huge jumps and awesome effects to go with them.. :) Life doesn't get much nicer than Unity, UFPS, Adventure Creator, and soon acParkour and RainAI. What a time to be an indie, oh god yessss, and I have my Rift sitting here!

Cheers,
    Gaz.

PS. If anyone wants to follow the game on facebook please see www.facebook.com/genocidedolphins
    PPS. Yes weapons are just place holders right now, they will all be very weird like the rest of the game, in fact there will be no weapons in the main city (this level) right now.

5. radiantboy

radiantboy

Hi guys, a bit of an update, one warning to fellow game designers is, don't watch too much Mirror's Edge, or you might go Parkour crazy like I did in this update :) Here are a few screenies and then a video demonstrating the new Parkour elements.

And the video, apologies it is not as exciting as usual, more of a recording of me testing out the new Parkour :) And it seems to get a bit choppy later on..

Thanks,
    Gaz.

6. zenGarden

zenGarden

Good, keep up bringing more :)

7. radiantboy

radiantboy

Hi guys, been hard at work on GD :) Some screenshots and then some crazy slow motion power ups in the city! Trust me it's worth watching, well I think so anyway :) Think Bioshock Infinite meets Mirrors Edge in cyberpunk Killer7 bullet time land :) It's evolving as fast as I can keep up, and it's so much bloody fun both to make and play.

And now the crazed video I promised.

Feel free to follow the game on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/genocidedolphins?fref=ts

Gaz
    Radiant Silver Labs.

8. radiantboy

radiantboy

Ouch all my image links died, that hurts... but here is a new video :)

9. radiantboy

radiantboy

10. radiantboy

radiantboy