Search Unity

Genesis Code - A must-have for setting up mechanics, scores, and systems for your game!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by pauldelacrz, Oct 14, 2015.

?

How can my Genesis Code script better suit your needs as a potential customer?

1. I want to get it, but the price is still too high for me. I'll buy it when the price goes down.

2. I need more screenshots and video demonstrations so that I know what this script is capable of.

3. I would really like to see a webplayer demo of your example scene. It looks pretty interesting.

4. Weekly updates! The asset still needs work but if I see good progress being made, then I'll buy.

5. Your asset is good, just work on its presentation quality so that the information is more organized.

6. Include a free link to your documentation so that I know what to expect after buying the script.

7. Your asset already suits my needs very well! I'm going to buy it right now!

8. Create a lite version of Genesis Code so that I can test out a couple of features for free!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Hey, guys! I know it's a little too late to celebrate, but I just want to announce that this forum thread has surpassed 2000 views! I know my asset has the potential to get into the hands of many more developers, so I'd like to maintain or surpass this current rate of promotion. If you have purchased my asset and enjoyed its features, please don't hesitate to tell your fellow game developers about it! I want to get the word out to as many people as possible so that more people have the opportunity to utilize this powerful tool!

2. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

*bump* so that other people get the opportunity to see just what this asset has to offer.

3. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Awesome news, guys! I have just lowered the price of Genesis Code down to $2.99! This will give more people the opportunity to use this powerful tool for their game project, so please help yourselves!

Please note that I might continue lowering the price of Genesis Code down to a certain point until it stops becoming profitable. If I end up increasing the price back up again, it's because the demand was unable to compensate for the loss of profit from reducing the price. In simple terms, I have the complete right to decrease or increase the price at any point in the future depending on how successful sales go.

I did a similar experiment with my font asset, Wood Carvings Font, and I was able to apply the perfect price for the font based on prior sales trends: $0.09! Click on the name to check it out!

4. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

*bump* in case other people haven't seen my previous announcement yet.

5. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

I think the problem with your asset is the presentation and sales pitch.
    This forum thread is like your shop front (besides your Asset Store shop front), and you chose a very VERY UGLY fonts for your logos (particularly, "The Asset Store", "The Web Pages", and "More Assets" - those fonts reminds me of the early internet era back in 90s). It looks very unprofessional. People are generally very hesistant to buy assets from single developer, because Asset Store are full of abandoned assets from single developers, making your asset looking very indie doesn't strike up confidence.

The thing about Asset Store asset is that indie developers all hope they get the most bang for their bucks, and get reliable continued support when they spend money on assets. When your asset doesn't look like it is professionally made under first impression, people will not want to spend their hard earn cash on it especially in Asset Store because we are all cash strapped. This is "Selling 101" - make your asset / shop front look professional so buyers can have confidence in your product.

Have a look at how PlayMaker, ShaderForge, SkyShop..etc etc. Their Asset Store shop front and forum thread page looks professional, people buy their product because they believe there is a "team" behind it to give continued support even though they are often just single developers. So you need to make yourself not look like a single garage developer who can just fold the next day.

Secondly, the other problem is your sales pitch. It doesn't tell me (easily) HOW I can be benefited from using your asset. You need to think hard and make your sales pitch down to one line (challenge yourself!) that can instantly make people understand what you are selling, and why it is so great. Right now I need to watch the videos to understand what you are selling.

Even if you have done all that and more, it is still not a guarantee you can make a lot of money from Asset Store. I have seen successful developers come and go, some amazing products that nobody even noticed and developer eventually abandoned it due to no sales. A large part of it came down to developers who simply doesn't know how to sales or pitch their product, or how to promote it. Promotion and sales is something majority of the technical minded people have no clue about - they all think making a great product will sell itself. That is simply not true. A great product will not a sell if you do not promote it or promote it correctly.

I hope it helps, I think you can start by changing fonts for your logos used in this thread and on your Asset Store.
    Now change your sales pitch. Make it easy to understand. Make it hard to resist, make it why it is essential for us to buy.

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

The incredible daily spam cycle of bumping and deleting has ended. This means, in order to bump this topic, the op will need to allow sufficient time (2-3 days) and provide content in the post. This is to maintain fairness in exposure. Please respect forum rules. Replying to questions is fine.

Yukichu likes this.
  7. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Well, actually, the OP has ignored repeated warnings not to engage in this spam bumping behavior, so he's taking a week's vacation. If I have to do this again, it will be permanent.

To the OP: what do you think the forums would look like if everybody continuously spambumped their topics? It would be 99.9% useless noise. Therefore nobody is allowed to do this.

--Eric

8. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Alright, after taking a long break from the forums, I'm back and I have made some reductions to the price of Genesis Code for the next couple of days. I've set the new price to $0.99 and if sales go really well this week, I will retain the price. If it doesn't go too well, I will increase it back up.

In the meantime, I will also be making some changes to the layout, appearance, and presentation quality of my script so stay tuned for that!

9. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Here's some pretty good news: I have just recently added a video on the top of my forum thread that pretty much walks you through all of the necessary basics of Genesis Code. Think of it like the entire documentation PDF condensed into an 8 minute tutorial clip.

I got rid of the GIF images and the demonstration videos now that I have this set up, so I hope you guys find it useful. If you have any other questions for me regarding Genesis Code, please contact me via private message, email, or forum reply. I would prefer it if you guys ask your questions here so that other people can view the answers I've provided.

What did you guys think of the Genesis Code walkthrough video so far? Did you find it to be very helpful? Any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated for I will be sure to take it into consideration when making further updates to my forum thread.

10. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

As of recently, I also made some updates to the overall appearance and theme of my forum thread. I decided to switch to a lighter, pastel-like geometric theme to emphasize the user-friendliness and the modernity of my powerful script.

What do you guys think of the new theme? Like it? Hate it? If you guys have any other suggestions for my overall presentation quality, please post them here! I want to make sure that the information and aesthetic of my forum thread is portrayed in such a manner where people can easily understand the purpose of this tool.

11. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

If you weren't already aware of this, you can click on the buttons on the forum thread to redirect you to various links. The Asset Store button and the Check it Out! button will automatically send you to my store page when you click on it, and the More Assets button will send you to my profile page where it will give you a list of assets that I have worked on.

12. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Do you guys want to see more screenshots? I was thinking of adding new screenshots to this forum thread so that you can see what my script looks like without having to refer to my videos. Unless someone objects to this idea by posting on this thread, I will upload more screenshots of Genesis Code so that you all will have a better clue as to what it looks like.

13. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

I just added two new screenshots on the top of this forum thread. I hope they paint a better picture on how the overall tool looks like with its UI options. You can also check out how it works through the walkthrough video and the demonstration video.

14. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

I have just reduced the size of the screenshots so that they don't take up too much space on my forum thread. If you guys have any other questions or suggestions for me, please post them here!

15. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Oh, shoot. When I checked the top of the forum thread, I uploaded the same photo twice, and they didn't even go down in size. Sorry about that, guys. I just fixed it right now.

16. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

OK, you're still abusing the forums, and there have been complaints. You don't seem to have learned what the problem is with doing this, and are trying to technically do what was asked while not obeying the spirit of the rules. Last warning.

--Eric

17. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

This is what I don't understand. Are you and all the complaints saying I can't post to my own thread regarding any changes to my thread's appearance and presentation? I wish you could clarify on what you mean by not obeying the spirit of the rules.

I am aware that the updates that I have posted on this thread are minor, but they are still updates and I made those exact changes on my forum thread as promised. Going with what you're saying, are minor updates not allowed to be posted on my thread? If so, I'll gladly comply, but I'm just not sure what constitutes a minor update, for posting 3 new videos on the top of my thread or adding a couple of screenshots may be considered major for some but minor for others, so it's fairly subjective.

While I have also made posts actively asking viewers for feedback on my thread's appearance, I have read the developer rules thoroughly and nowhere have I seen that I was not allowed to ask for feedback from other developers. Just because nobody replied, that shouldn't mean that the post I made was spam.

Right now, I'm confused on the types of posts I can make on my thread. The recent posts I have made since I was unbanned centered around:
    -- A couple of screenshots that have been made available on my thread description.
    -- A new video that has been made available on my thread description.
    -- A change in price.
    -- A new aesthetic theme for my thread description.
    -- Asking for feedback regarding the thread's presentation.
    -- Changing the size or layout of images on my thread.

Which of those types of posts am I not allowed to make on my forum thread? Which types of posts were users mainly complaining about? Which of those types of posts broke the forum rules? I'm already getting paranoid about posting novel information regarding a major or minor version of Genesis Code, for I feel that another user will complain about it and then I'll get in trouble and be warned again.

I am very much willing to change the ways in which I post on my thread, I just need more clarification on what exactly I'm allowed to post, and how frequently I should do it within a specified time period (posting once per day, posting once per week, etc.)

18. Plutoman

Plutoman

When you have a thread, you can edit past posts. You do not need to place another post. Bump it every few days, not every 3 hours. You made 4 posts today, and 3 yesterday - just to comment on every little change made to the thread.

Try bumping it in 3 days, instead of every 3 hours. I'm sorry that no one has responded, but that doesn't mean you should continually bump it to the top every few hours to keep it on the front page.

Those posts are fine, but either edit the last one made, or make another in a few days. If you are responding to someone, it is fine - but the fact is if everyone just bumped their threads every 3 hours, this entire forum would be useless spam (there's thousands of assets!). The content you have changed is minimal, and doesn't even impact the asset itself!

19. Player7

Player7

I picked up your asset before... but like I said it should have built in object pooling or other features, I don't personally have much use for it , its one of those assets that has some usefulness to quickly test stuff, but as far as using it forever, it soon gets replaced with more code that fits better.

You seem to have finished with improving the asset, and that's why most your posts are just about presentation of the asset to get sales out of it. Its really not a problem with the information that is shown in the front page about the asset or its presentation..really.. its the asset, it just doesn't offer a lot of value to would be buyers. So add value to it and keep the thread bumping to a minimum. You've done 9posts in 24hrs on a this thread alone since being unbanned, and the asset itself had no updates since you were gone (I and I'm sure others are getting alerts to this thread everytime)

20. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

I appreciated your helpful responses, guys. You both helped clarify a lot of things for me. Plutoman, I think I understand where you're getting at. I should add posts to my thread every couple of days but add significantly more content or updates so that it's not like I'm bumping this thread just to hog the front page for myself. I might have let my competitive side get the better of me, so that's a habit I have to assuage, but the thing that I have always wondered about is how some of the asset threads that have been on these forums garnered like 400,000 views. I'm pretty sure that even with my prior methods of unfair bumping, it would take like more than a year for my thread to get that many views. Your thread is only on the front page for like 3 hours right after you post, and it only gets like 40 views before being overflooded into the second or third page.

Player7, I disagree with you somewhat with my asset getting replaced with more code that fits better. In situations where I had to implement game mechanics into my projects, Genesis Code has helped me like 85% of the time. The other 15% of instances where it didn't, I spent time editing the code itself (I'll be sure to send you guys the major update when I polished my new version enough). I believe my Genesis Code asset has tremendous potential and for only $1 or $2, you pretty much have like almost all your game mechanics done for you. One thing I do agree with you on is the fact that I have made many posts over the past few days on my thread presentation, whereas my asset itself gained no updates. Rest assured, I will be making major updates to it sometime soon. You mentioned that it doesn't offer a lot of value to would-be buyers but I think you're saying it doesn't offer a lot of value for you (users who gave me those positive reviews seemed to find value in it). Just specify what about the script you don't like or what about it lacks in comparison to all the other scripts, and I will be sure to take action on that as soon as possible.

Genesis Code Update:
    The price just went back up to $1.99 due to the lack of increased demand.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  21. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

What Plutoman said.

Yes, probably a number of years. My old Vectrosity topic has about 380K views, but was started in 2010, and appears as the second result when doing a search here for Vectrosity. I never post in my asset topics except for when something important happens (like a new version or a sale), or if somebody posted something that needs a reply.

I'd also suggest that if an asset doesn't get any traction over a period of time, that means there's probably no real demand, so just move on and make something else.

--Eric

22. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Five years definitely sounds like a long time to continually add announcements for versions, updates, or sales. I'm not quite sure where I'll even be in 5 years, much less what progress (or lack thereof) will be made to my Genesis Code asset by then.

In the meantime, I'll try to make more distributed announcements regarding any updates made on this script or the presentation of this thread. I'm still getting a good handful of sales, so I might stick with Genesis Code for a little bit longer before completely letting it go.

Presentation Update:
    I have reposted the Genesis Code challenge videos on the top of this thread after seeing the new results of this poll. 42.9% of those who voted said that my thread seriously lacks screenshots and videos, so I will make sure to include more of those as time goes by.

23. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    I'm really close to uploading the newest version of Genesis Code! Version 1.7 is the next version and it comes with a list of many new features that I think you all will appreciate. I've also been working on creating a tutorial series for Genesis Code that will act as documentation for pretty much all the possible things you can do with my script! Here are two videos that I have been able to publish so far:

Working with Conditions
    -

Creating Objects
    -

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  24. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    I have just published two more videos on YouTube that show you how to swap, change, and destroy objects! The most recent video also shows you how to let objects refer to themselves or refer to other objects that collide with them. As I'm making my videos, I will try to fix any problems or inconveniences that may come up in Genesis Code, so you can definitely expect Version 1.7 to be bug-free when it comes out!

Changing Objects
    -

Destroying, Swapping, and Referring Objects
    -

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  25. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    I have been pretty busy these past few days so I was only able to publish one video on YouTube that shows you how to teleport objects from one point to another. This video also shows you the visual changes I made with the Genesis Code interface. The biggest modifications made involve the checkmark boxes being converted into buttons to save component lines. When the button is grey, that means it is enabled, and when it's white, it's disabled.

Teleporting Objects and New Interface Changes
    -

26. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    Hey, guys! I have just submitted Genesis Code v1.7 for review from the Unity Asset Store team! You can probably expect them to finalize the update in a week or so assuming they approve it on the first try. In the meantime, here is a summary of all the changes that I've made to Genesis Code in this major version:

VERSION 1.7 (1/13/2016)
    Because of the massive amount of changes that have been made to the Genesis Code interface, I decided to compile a summary of the most important modifications.

One of the biggest changes involved adding a couple of actions and conditions that focused on more interactive game mechanics like input buttons, forces, and swapping places. In addition, I have also replaced some of the checkboxes with buttons that change color in order to save a couple lines of space in the Genesis Code UI; the remaining checkboxes give you the option to either maintain the rotation of the action objects or adopt the rotation of the origin objects.

Arguably the biggest change that has been made thus far, however, is the ability to display a list of variables on the game screen. This will help you out tremendously if you're aiming to implement a realtime scoreboard for your game's UI, but it can also be useful for storing an invisible set of values that only you will be able to see by unchecking the Text component. The variable system is pretty limited so far, but I'm definitely planning on adding more to it as I make additional updates to Genesis Code.

27. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    I have just published two more videos on YouTube that show you how to apply forces to game objects and display variables on text! You can also learn how to increase, decrease, or change the value of variables alongside different conditions and actions. I believe these are the last videos that I will be releasing for Genesis Code, so I urge you to watch the documentation clips together to help you out on your purchasing decisions or your game projects.

Applying Forces and Displaying Variables
    -

Manipulating Variables to Set Scores
    -

28. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    Awesome news! The Unity Asset Store team has just approved Genesis Code v1.7 for release, and the updates are now available for everyone to access at the Unity Asset Store! Because of the large amount of changes, I have decided to increase the price back up to $4.99 for new customers. In case you guys missed it, here is a summary of all the changes that I've made to Genesis Code in this major version:

VERSION 1.7 (1/13/2016)
    Because of the massive amount of changes that have been made to the Genesis Code interface, I decided to compile a summary of the most important modifications.

One of the biggest changes involved adding a couple of actions and conditions that focused on more interactive game mechanics like input buttons, forces, and swapping places. In addition, I have also replaced some of the checkboxes with buttons that change color in order to save a couple lines of space in the Genesis Code UI; the remaining checkboxes give you the option to either maintain the rotation of the action objects or adopt the rotation of the origin objects.

Arguably the biggest change that has been made thus far, however, is the ability to display a list of variables on the game screen. This will help you out tremendously if you're aiming to implement a realtime scoreboard for your game's UI, but it can also be useful for storing an invisible set of values that only you will be able to see by unchecking the Text component. The variable system is pretty limited so far, but I'm definitely planning on adding more to it as I make additional updates to Genesis Code.

29. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    If you guys have any further questions regarding Genesis Code, please do not hesitate to ask via forum post, private message, or email! I reply pretty fast to any upcoming inquiries so please take this opportunity into consideration.

Right now, I'm working on my virtual reality game, The Skeleton Hunter. I've set it up so that 100% of the game mechanics involved are from Genesis Code's capabilities. As I encounter new issues and limitations with Genesis Code, I will make sure to improve upon it so that I can translate those upgrades onto a new version that you all can access through the Unity Asset Store! Wish me luck, guys, for I have so much in store for all of you!

30. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    Hey, guys! You're going to love this news! I have just decided to lower the cost of Genesis Code for the next couple of days to $0.99! It's an amazing deal that you just cannot miss! Here's the link to the asset on the Unity Asset Store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/44955

I hope you all find my script to be extremely convenient for your game design needs!

31. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    After lowering the price down to $0.99, sales started to look much more promising! I already got two sales since I made my last announcement yesterday, so I just wanted to thank you all for the surge of purchases! In case you didn't know already, I have two other assets in the Unity Asset Store that are both fonts right now. Wood Carvings Font has more of a rustic and creepy style to it whereas Starker Marker has more of a thicker style that represents lines made with markers.

P.S. The Wood Carvings Font is suffering from a lack of sales and if the sales numbers don't increase soon, I'm doubling the price to $0.19. Be sure to check it out; it's only $0.09 right now: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/43701

Here's the link to the Genesis Code asset on the Unity Asset Store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/44955

Here's the link to the Starker Marker (Font) asset on the Unity Asset Store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/53539

32. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    After searching for my Genesis Code script on the Unity Asset Store to see how it looked like from an outsider's point of view, I had discovered that my script had received THREE 5-Star ratings from users who had downloaded it! In addition, if you go to the Visual Scripting section of the Unity Asset Store, you can see my asset on the first page sorted in terms of most popular! Thanks a lot for your support, guys! I couldn't have done it without you all! :)

Right now, I'm working on a new version of Genesis Code that incorporates sound effects for your actions. I am currently testing it so far on my VR game and it appears to be working wonders! Stay tuned for more announcements coming your corner, and I wish you all luck with your game design projects!

33. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    I have been pretty busy with college homework, but I'm doing the best I can! This semester, I'm taking my first game design-related course: Digital Illustration. I'm learning how to use Adobe Illustrator to create some cool vector-based sprites, and I think the knowledge I receive can also help me out on improving my GUI for Skeleton Hunter! There's a pretty big chance I will publish the sprites I made for class on the Unity Asset Store so make sure to keep your eyes out!

With regards to Genesis Code, the price has increased to $3. The reason for this change is because I believe that I have made a lot of new improvements with the latest version of 1.7, and I want to make sure that my customers make full use of all the features that it has to offer!

34. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    I have some pretty cool news to share with you guys regarding the new updates that have been made for the next version of Genesis Code. I've implemented the initial stage of UI Slider Integration, which basically means that you can link your variables to a colored progress bar, making it much easier to integrate systems for Health, Mana, Experience, or Enemies Killed!

I still need to make some finishing touches but if you guys want to see some screenshots or video demonstrations of the prototype feature, I can definitely provide them here! Just post a request here on this forum thread like "I would like to see a demonstration of this new feature" and I'll be sure to show it to you guys as soon as possible!

35. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    The Unity Asset Store has just approved my recent update to Genesis Code's price. The new price of Genesis Code is now just $2 and I think I'm going to keep it that way for a while. Any potential customers who want to purchase this Unity extension asset can now do so with a lowered price.

36. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    Due to my busy schedule, I haven't been able to do much with regards to Genesis Code, but I WAS able to get my first free asset approved by the Unity Asset Store team! If you're ever in need of an animated crosshair for your shooter or targeting game, you're in luck! My Animated Crosshair asset has just been released and it is proving to be quite popular, with 8 downloads occurring on just the first day alone! Check it out while you still can! The surge of demand has prompted me to increase the price to $0.04 after it gets approved!

37. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    Hey, guys! I just wanted to give a shout out to a group of six people who all purchased my script, Genesis Code, on the same day! I haven't had any sales whatsoever for Genesis Code on the entire month of February, but on the 13th, there were six individuals who decided to buy it! I want to give them all a big thank you! I was really grateful for that blessing after a rough week this month. I hope you guys enjoy my script, and God bless! :)

38. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    Thank you guys for your patience with Genesis Code. Right now, I'm having trouble with the drop-down menu of this component. My goal right now is to try adding a new condition to the drop-down menu, but when I do that, I always get an error message saying that the array index is out of range. :( I will try to continue fixing this issue as best I can, but ideally, I want to set up my serialized properties and variables in such a way where future updates won't mess up with any of the default states of the other Genesis Code components.

39. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    Good news! I was able to fix the glitch regarding the array index being out of range! :D I have ended up with a solution that not only fixed that problem, but other future problems I foresaw with the previous scripting methods as well! In layman's terms, I had a lot of trouble adding new actions or conditions to the drop-down menu because of an error that kept popping up. This error used to manifest when trying to interact with old Genesis Code script components, but now that I found the fix, I can easily add, rename, and rearrange drop-down menu choices for newer versions! Stay tuned for more updates on Genesis Code, guys! There is definitely more in store for the future! :)

40. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Major Announcement!
    -
    I have AMAZING news that I think potential customers would really enjoy! From now on, I have decided to host a three-day competition every month where participants will be given the chance to win a FREE Genesis Code voucher! This voucher grants you special access to the Genesis Code tool without you having to pay a single cent! The February competition starts TODAY, so here are the rules!
    • Sometime on February 27, 2016, I will decide on a winner and I will send a private message to the winner of this competition reminding them that they won! I will ask the winner if they want me to include their username on the Winner Announcement, or if they want to be anonymous.
    • The winner will then be given private instructions on how to activate their voucher key if they don't yet know how.
    • If you already have Genesis Code installed, please do not participate in this competition. If I discover that the winner already owns this asset, I will revoke the voucher key and send the next sincere runner-up $3 in PayPal for compensation.
    • If nobody participates or if all the participants' responses don't follow at least one of the question rules and instructions, nobody will receive the voucher this month.
    • The responses to the competition questions must be a forum post to this thread, must be numbered, must follow perfect grammar and punctuation, and must begin with the incomplete sentence template provided underneath the questions. Also, if the answer is too long or too short, I will not accept it. Every question must be answered.
    • To keep the competition fair, participants WILL NOT be allowed to edit their answers and responses whatsoever. Earlier posts are given a boosted chance of winning since they don't have any rival answers to compare their responses with. Despite this, the short response answers are still the biggest determining factor to victory.

Let's begin!

-
    1. Why do you need my Genesis Code tool for your game?
    (I only need around three to five sentences. I recommend you mention a few relatively complex game mechanics involved with your game project or game idea to strengthen your argument.)

The reason I need your Genesis Code tool is because...

2. Give me a brief summary of everything you know about Genesis Code so far?
    (I need around five sentences for this one. I recommend explaining at least one major feature or property in this tool.)

Genesis Code is...

3. What is your occupation?
    (This is just one simple sentence. You can type "unemployed," "a freelancer," or "a full-time student" if that's your situation.)

I am...

I look forward to your amazing responses! If you have any other questions regarding Genesis Code or this competition, please message me via email, private message, or forum post! I wish everyone good luck, and may the best candidate win! :)

41. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

What are you waiting for, guys?! There's only around two days left before this competition comes to a halt! Let's get those submissions coming so that one of you will have the chance to win a free Genesis Code voucher!

42. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

There's only around one more day left before this competition ends, and it looks to me like nobody is going to get this free voucher for Genesis Code! Come on, guys. It's not that hard to answer three simple questions with short responses.

43. ToujoursFrais

ToujoursFrais

1. Why do you need my Genesis Code tool for your game?
    I don't. I find this to be a completely useless asset for any type of game dev. Maybe its better as a tutorial. Maybe you didn't explain it properly or maybe you did and it is what it is. One thing is certain, based on your whining, complaining and constant attempts to illicit attention NO ONE WANTS THIS OR CARES ABOUT IT.

2. Give me a brief summary of everything you know about Genesis Code so far?
    The dev spams the forums and bumps his own threads and begs for people to give him attention. Has been warned but continues even after bans. This asset does not really serve any development purpose. Contains completely basic logic and even tries to state destroying game objects is good for performance and less lag! I struggle to find how this even has any sort of value. Even is it was FREE I strongly believe no one would bother with it.

3. What is your occupation?

Being realistic. The way you act is appalling. You need to mature a lot.

Not trying to be harsh but blunt. Someone needs to say something...Seriously bro...move on and give it a rest already.

Yukichu and bocs like this.
  44. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Your claims that I need to mature a lot, and that you are not trying to be harsh are self-contradictory statements in and of themselves. Take a look at the red phrases I underlined from your post. They are exaggerated over-generalizations and they do not represent the opinions of everyone. The fact that you are deluded into thinking that everyone shares the same opinion as you do makes me question the validity of your argument.

The phrases underlined in purple are arguments based on ignorance. I strongly doubt that you have seen the tutorial videos I made for this asset. It has substantial capacity to make the game development process a lot easier through sliders, text fields, and properties. Wouldn't you much rather drag and drop objects or type a couple of numbers onto a component than have to type multiple lines or blocks of code repetitively to achieve the same task? If not, then this asset is probably not for you. However, I will not tolerate individuals desecrating my product by using unwarranted claims that try to speak in behalf of everyone in order to damage my reputation. If I did the same thing to your asset, would you appreciate that? That was a rhetorical question but I would really love to hear your answer on that, seeing how passionate you were in answering my three questions for the competition.

Now, since you made the argument that my asset is completely useless and nobody would want to buy it even if it was free, let me try to counteract that argument with ACTUAL evidence that you can actually observe for yourself.

• If you take a look at the profile page for Genesis Code, you can see that 4 users have rated it 5 stars. This completely negates your claims that "no one wants this or cares about it," or that "even if it was free, I strongly believe no one would bother with it." The truth of the matter is that there have been people who decided to purchase it and were so pleased with the overall purchase that they gave it a 5-star rating.
    • Also, have you even taken a look at the two 5-star reviews I mentioned at the top of this thread? You can see it for yourself when you go to the bottom of the profile page for Genesis Code. These people did bother with this asset at a time when the price was $5. They wanted it enough that they were willing to purchase it at that price, and they cared enough to write a five-star review on it. I'm think you missed this important fact before you wrote your disrespectful claims.
    Now, with regards to my "attempts to illicit attention," I admit that I did not heed the spam warnings properly in the past, but I assure you, the more recent announcements that I've made from at least a month ago do conform to the spirit of the forum rules. These newer announcements are now spread out over the course of a couple days rather than a couple of hours, so you don't have to worry about being barraged with spam posts from Genesis Code on the Unity Asset Store forums.

To finish off, I understand that you're annoyed and I understand that you want me to give up on this asset, but the reason I'm still going with this is because of the people who DO bother to purchase this asset and the people who HAVE made positive reviews on it. I'm still getting a good handful of sales from this asset even when I'm not advertising it on the forums, and Genesis Code still provides some much needed convenience for me and other game designers around the world. Originally, I only developed this script for my own game design needs, but after observing how powerful it is in a wide range of game design applications, I knew that it was time to sell it so that other people can benefit from this technology as well. So granted, it's alright if you don't like it or if you don't want to buy it, but don't try to persuade me and other people to give up on this asset, just because it doesn't suit your needs or just because you're annoyed with having to see it for one to two hours every few days or so on the Asset Store list of forum threads.

45. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    Alright. I have taken a long break from Genesis Code after what occurred with the failed competition and the bad response. I am not going to deal with this nonsense any longer, so if you are the kind of person who will post negative and unconstructive feedback, just save yourself the time and energy, and leave. Things will run much more smoothly that way, and in the first place, I assume you have better things to do than to derail someone else's hard work anyways, right? (Don't you agree, ToujoursFrais?) Plus, if you're so passionate about making my life miserable, at the very least, have some common courtesy and leave the discussion in the private messaging realm, please. No one wants to see drama on the forums. Nevertheless, expect an appropriate response and a report to the Unity officials if you ever resort to this kind of behavior.

On a positive note for those who care, I have just submitted the lite version of Genesis Code to the Unity Asset Store for approval last week! Expect to see it on display sometime in the next couple of days, for it will give you a good sense of just how powerful it is even with just one action available! I will be sure to send an announcement on this thread when it gets accepted by the Unity Asset Store team, so stay tuned!

46. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    Awesome news! The review team has just approved the lite version of Genesis Code today and now it's on the Unity Asset Store! You can check it out here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/57032

For any potential customers who are looking for a risk-free way to see just how powerful my script is even with just limited functionality, you need to try out the lite version of Genesis Code! It gives you all of the conditions available with the full version, and it gives you access to one of the actions to provide you with a good sense on how it works.

47. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    I have very promising news for the future of Genesis Code! Ever since my new Genesis Code Lite Edition was released to the Unity Asset Store, my sales have plummeted! Thanks a lot for the support, guys; I couldn't have done this without you. As a token of my thanks, I will give away the free voucher to the next person who posts on this thread, "I want a free Genesis Code voucher!" It was originally supposed to be for the winner of the previous competition, but since nobody participated on my contest and my asset was harshly criticized instead, I might as well just give it away for the heck of it.

The free voucher will grant you access to the full version of Genesis Code with all of its features intact. If you want to try out the lite version first, please click here. Please don't let this opportunity go to waste! It only takes a couple seconds to post "I want a free Genesis Code voucher!" on this thread and you end up saving $2 or more by getting Genesis Code for free!

48. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    Hey, guys! Just to let you all know, my offer to give away a free Genesis Code voucher is still open, so all you have to do is post, "I want a free Genesis Code voucher!" on this thread, and I will send you the voucher code via private message.

I also have a free version for Genesis Code already available on the Unity Asset Store, but it has very limited functionality and it only gives you access to one action. Check it out here.

Something exciting to look forward to is a new editor extension that I'm currently developing in order to further speed up the process of in-game testing. It was developed out of necessity, for my virtual reality game needed to have a cohesive story, and every time I would insert dialogue or cinematic effects, I would have to playtest it to make sure that they are timed correctly and that the special effects look good on the cutscenes. Waiting for the cutscene to get to a specific point in time takes up way too much time, so this editor extension allows you to speed up or slow down the game using a slider-based interface. Stay tuned for any future updates being made on this asset or the Genesis Code asset!

49. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    In case you all didn't know, I have lowered the price of my font assets by 33-50%! You can now afford to purchase my font assets like Wood Carvings or Starker Marker without having to worry about the price as much.

Genesis Code is still undergoing slight maintenance so I ask that you be patient while I make the necessary adjustments to make this asset more appealing to potential customers. The free trial is still available for download if you want to try out some of its features before you buy.

50. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Announcement
    -
    I've been extremely busy with important due dates lately, so I apologize for any lack of updates with regards to Genesis Code. The free trial is still available for download if you want to try out some of my script's features before you buy. In addition, I'm giving away a free Genesis Code voucher for the first person who posts, "I want a free Genesis Code voucher!" on this thread.

I will try to make some progress on my virtual reality game and Genesis Code sometime this week, but first, I need to take care of things like homework, applying for college graduation, getting ready for my driving test, and so on before I can refocus my attention on my game design endeavors.