Search Unity

GENERAL REFUNDS THREAD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by overthere, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

It's a lengthy and time consuming process.

2. WilliamBNewton

WilliamBNewton

While I'm sympathetic to that it doesn't change that I have no idea if unlocking the refund will make it go through when I resubmit my card info. Because something caused it to be locked in the first place, and I have no idea if that is even being looked at. I don't want to go through the process of getting it unlocked just to have it locked again.

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I can't help further other than merge these topics so that at least unity responses are in the same place and hopefully resolution can be found.

4. TrentSterling

TrentSterling

I have gotten a response email, and assuming my bank doesn't start jerking me around - I'm hoping things will be cleared up soon.

I called my bank for some information and they were surprisingly unhelpful. Seems I need the planets to align.

5. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

6. overthere

overthere

I know text can make emphasis hard to read but for feedback, as you are a Unity representative, that comes across as sarcastic and inaccurate.

DrDigg0R likes this.
  7. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

I submitted a new message to support via the online contact form. Hopefully that goes through. I did receive an email shortly after saying "Thank you for contacting Unity Technologies. Your inquiry has been received. A Unity representative will be in touch with you as soon as possible." I don't know if this is the same thing as a confirmation that a ticket has been created, there is no mention of any ticket, so presumably its just in in the `inbox` until someone processes it.

I still don't know how I will be refunded even after the `lock` is lifted (from too many attempts), given any cards I tried before did not work (and not because the cards are bad or anything).

8. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

We're refunding students who spent around $500 to purchase commercial Pro versions of Unity. These versions allow them to ship games (which is why it has commercial in the product title.) These are regular Pro versions discounted to reflect that students are usually short of money.

9. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

My support team don't have phones on their desks, so you've not contacted my team. If someone else you've contacted gives you a different answer, then maybe use the support contact details.

10. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Yes, a 100EURO purchase isn't a Commercial Pro product, it's a reduced price version of Pro to allow students to get access to the Pro features for learning purposes. I believe that they are for 12-months only.

11. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Your serial seems a little odd. I'm trying to work out what's wrong/different. As far as I can tell you should have Level11 access. You certainly paid Studica enough money for me to think you've got a proper commercial license.

12. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

So, if you've emailed the sales team, the chances are that they'll talk to you about how you can use the $1500 to buy new things (assets, support, training, etc) which is what they do. If you've purchased from the sales team and not online, then the sales team will handle your request.

If you've purchased from the webstore, then my team will help you.

We're getting massive support volumes at the moment, and the 3 extra people I have hired to help out are still maxed out. We've said that refunds can take 6 weeks. Currently it's taking less time, but please don't feel cross because it's taking more than a few days to help you out.

It's possible that we can add PayPal refunds, but we're pretty sure that the amount PayPal charge will annoy customers. Which is why we haven't done it. (If you want $1350 instead of $1500 just let me know and I can probably make a PayPal refund for you manually.)

13. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

No, and we don't want that either. We want the refund process to be simple. If 3 attempts are refused by the agency we use, then we lock the process, and we then have to investigate manually. This seems to be happening more often than we every imagined.

14. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

hi sorry i rang (studica UK) and they are saying because i purchased a perpetual license over a year ago i am not entitled to a refund.
    i preordered when unity 5 preorders first went live last march haha

Graham Is what studica saying true?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  15. Baroni

Baroni

re: studica uk
    They are saying something different every time, whatever fits best. With the ultimate outcome that you won't get a refund. I haven't heard back from them after last week.

Rajmahal likes this.
  16. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

When replying to the thread, start your conversations off with

re: studica us (or / uk / eu etc) - as I suspect the staff is informed differently depending which studica contact number.

or

re: pro refund

I apologise I did merge the threads as otherwise it made them harder to find, and harder for unity staff to continually check, so please clarify each time you reply.

17. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Hmm... well I emailed support originally, but like I said, nobody has replied whatsoever... and Unity people on this thread said to try the web form (which is targeted at sales)... me using that form shouldn't have to mean that I now get 'store credit'. That was never part of the agreement. I didn't buy Unity from the sales team, I bought it from the online store. And a 10% charge from paypal sounds silly. I shouldn't have to be responsible for any charges. The refund email says that I have been granted a full $1500 refund, not $1350. Why doesn't the automated form with credit/debit card entry work like it does for most people? I would perhaps accept $1350 by paypal if I was also granted a $150 asset store credit, which basically means Unity ends up paying 70% of the $150 which is $105 out of Unity's pocket, to fix this?

18. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

The last email that was received in the support system was from January. :-( Your web form has arrived and I've asked one of my team to escalate it so you get a faster response. :) Just means people who contacted support earlier than you will have to wait longer. :-(

19. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Yeah, we think it's silly as well.

20. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

TBH we don't know. Sometimes the refund is rejected by the credit card bank because the addresses don't match (exactly). Sometimes banks seem to have funny rules about how refunds are made. The credit agency we use don't always tell us the exact response they receive. :-( So we have to do some manual work. We close the refund process when we know the refund failed, so the customer can't try again, which ends up with more manual work for us to do. :-( As I've said before, I am pretty sure that all customers will get their refund inside 6 weeks.

21. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Ok thank you sir, you're earning brownie points. I wonder how 3 emails did not arrive at support? Because they had links or content in them or something?

TrentSterling likes this.
  22. TrentSterling

TrentSterling

Thank you for putting up with all of us. I'm seeing things are moving for me now via email.

23. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

24. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Links and content don't usually stop emails from arriving. It's an externally hosted support system we use. If you don't get an instant email with a Case number in the Subject line, then your email hasn't been received. Case numbers currently are 6 digits, starting with 175. (So, yes, we've had 175k emails into our sales and support system.) To reply to one of these emails, just forward it with the subject line unedited.

TrentSterling likes this.
  25. TrentSterling

TrentSterling

I'm actually thinking imgur links are what blocked my earlier emails. Seems I didn't get a ticket until I sent something avoiding any links.

26. Fuzzy

Fuzzy

re: pro refund
    Sent a mail using the get-in-touch form on monday, only response i immediately got was:
    But no case number and nothing else since.
    Though back then i used the type of inquiry "Sales", because i thought that would fit to pre-ordering/refund related problems.
    So i guess i'll have to try again with a "Technical inquiry" and see if i get a case number?

27. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Well, yeah, I am not 100% sure how web form submissions into the sales team are handled. Use the second link I gave earlier.

28. Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Allright, did that and immediately received two mails (one with a case number) instead of just one, hope this time it leads to a working solution to the problem. :)
    And very big thanks for your support on the forum at these times of the day, even on the weekend!

29. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

Studica UK Unity 5 Student Preorder

i rang (studica UK) and they are saying because i purchased a perpetual license over a year ago i am not entitled to a refund.
    i preordered when unity 5 preorders first went live last march haha

Graham Is what studica saying true?

30. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

I'd be surprised if Studica imposed this restriction. Drop me a PM and let's talk.

31. Zaquard

Zaquard

Hey guys, I have some problem to get the refund. I sent an email about the same issue toward to Unity service, but no reply. I'm serious. :(

I pre-purchased 5.x license in ₩1,815,000 (KOR). Weeks ago, I was noticed the license policy has been changed, and I'm ok to become a personal user, so I want to refund. I submitted the form few weeks ago, and I received 'Your Unity 5 Pro Perpetual License refund request' mail from Unity Tech.

The mail said, 'We have processed your request and are pleased to be able to refund your purchase. Just submit your credit card details, and we’ll transfer the full amount to your account.', so I followed the link, and pressed 'Get Your Refund', but there is some error; I can't proceed the process and that's really matter for me.

Not only myself, my friends, who live in S.Korea like myself, also experience same thing, and this would be your tech issue. Whenever I push the button it said; [One or more fields contains invalid data. (102) - Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact support.]
    So, please help for this one if you have any idea, and let me know how should I do, and share the information with my buds. (We are both using macbook.)

32. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

@Zaquard - I can see no support issues related to your email address. Please PM me the support case number (probably is 17xxxx) and I'll take a look for you.

33. Thepal

Thepal

Thanks Graham! Everything is good with my account now (I hope). Just picked up my free Level 11 assets. You deserve a raise.

34. Zaquard

Zaquard

Thanks for your reply. But I don't know where I can see my support case number. What I got are A) an email from Unity Tech which proves that I submitted a Unity 5 Pro Perpetual License refund request, including the link address which I should submit my credit card detail (where the error has occurred), and 'Thanks U For Contacting Sales Inquiry' email which I sent my Q on this issue.

35. srmojuze

srmojuze

For those with Unity 5 Subscription Licenses you can convert to month-to-month then cancel. Thank you Unity, that is honest and fair.

36. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Yes, that's for customers who started a subscription whilst 5.x was in beta.

37. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

@Zaquard - ah, okay. Send an email into the support team, include as much information as you can, about your invoice, serial number, and any email you have had from the refund system. Someone in my team will then try and help out.

38. TomND

TomND

So should Non-Commercial studica pro licenses have access to level 11? I currently have the non commercial version from studica and do not have access to level 11.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  39. Zaquard

Zaquard

Ah, thanks! One more silly question. Which 'type of inquiry' should I sent my email to? There is no exact email address but only that 'bit-unclear' department segmentation on the 'Get in Touch' section. Even all emails what I've gotten from Unity Tech prohibits to reply by the name of 'no-reply@'. Haha.

40. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Just email support at unity3d.com.

41. Baroni

Baroni

Studica US / UK / EU

Any news from the Studica front? How did the conversations go?

42. overthere

overthere

Studica US / UK / EU
    @TomND If you look at page 3 of this thread follow on from post#135. Seems to be no you don't get level 11, no you don't get a refund.

Apologies BTW I did start the thread for student issues but some sections have got buried /confusing with the thread merges

43. overthere

overthere

@Baroni Oooh I'd be a bit careful with the big G man in the thread, you are a student asking a reasonable question, going to be tiresome for him ;)

44. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

We've asked Studica to pass on the refund info to all their remote offices.

45. TomND

TomND

Thanks for the answer. That's a real shame though. I feel like it would make sense to give us Level 11 access. If we are buying the 100 dollar student package its probably because we can't afford the larger packages, which clearly shows that we could really use the level 11 discounts. But, i geuss i'll have to do with what I got :p .

46. overthere

overthere

No problem, I think it would be rather presumptive to spend that little and expect to get so many assets for free.

My advice would be to put the asset store on your daily reads. Great assets come up at ridiculously good prices regularly, best way to stretch your student dollar :)

Also follow asset makers of interest on twitter as it's not uncommon for free codes to be handed out in promos, plus you get to see what people are doing in games with that asset.

47. overthere

overthere

Studica UK

For those following the original point of this thread an update:

As it was a week after I got copied in on those high level Unity / Studica emails and I hadn't heard anything I asked Studica to confirm if the refund process had started. When Studica US chased up with Studica UK they had apparently attempted contact by phone, so maybe check your invoices for which phone no. you used on that, though I couldn't find any voice messages left on mine.
    The refund process did not appear to have been started.The lady I spoke to in Studica UK asked for evidence that Unity had approved this refund so I've passed on the email train and invoice I have. Hopefully that will be enough to start the refund process, will update again.

Baroni likes this.
  48. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Unity does not approve license refunds bought by students from Studica. Studica is supposed to do that.

49. Zaquard

Zaquard

I sent an email. Thanks a lot, Graham. I really do.

50. DerrickBarra

DerrickBarra

I'm in the same boat, I purchased my Unity 5 licenses via the store website using Paypal. When I sent an email via the support form I received a reply saying that purchases via Paypal are not eligible for a refund. Is this true? I would gladly take $1350 refunded per license and the rest in store credit if I could (it's better than getting $0 refunded, although obviously it's not the best from a customer service standpoint, and it's not what the press release or emails talked about).

Is there someone I should be asking to talk to specifically about this? I guess I'm kind of an edge case here since I use Paypal vs Credit Card, and I know the support staff for these issues are swamped.

P.S. - Thanks for being active with your replies on the forum Graham, it's nice to see direct replies from you guys at Unity on the forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.