Search Unity

Gaming Questionnaire for general feedback!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkXess, Feb 8, 2016.

1. DarkXess

DarkXess

Hey guys, I am wanting to get feedback on how people think, like and dislike about games and what they can offer to make you wanting to keep playing and enjoy the moments while your actually playing the game.

I couldn't actually attach a multiple-question poll to this thread and even if its possible its too late now. So the way to get around it is add the question number and your answer:

Q1 / A: ???. (you can always leave a remark here too)
    Q2 / A: ???.
    And so on...

As simple as that. Thank you in advance for taking part it will be a great help to me :)

Question 1:
    Do you like a game where it's difficult and challenging or just a simple walk through.

Question 2:
    Respawn way back at base or close to where you died? Your base could be very far away so think hard about this.

Question 3:
    When you die, you lose everything! your progress, your items, skills, etc... or another option is you lose certain things and no progress etc... OR you lose nothing and just respawn to a set location.

Question 4:
    Traveling to one place or another takes time! I mean a lot of time, how or what do you think would be a sufficient amount of time to travel? in a game with no loading screens or portals. Imagine it's a barren land with nothing but horses to travel from one place to another.

Question 5:
    Do you think that in a game if real type of illnesses and injuries should exist? an example would be if you got shot in your leg or fell from a hillside and your leg was seriously wounded or broken it would impair your walking ability maybe even die of an infection to the wound.

Question 6:
    Leveling up with skills etc should be difficult or easy to do? I remember the first time World of Warcraft came out it would take weeks maybe months to finally get to highest level in a character cap or skill set. So do you think it should more difficult or easy to gain?

Question 7:
    How would you deal with griefing, cheaters, and hackers? this question is asked because I want to know if other devs would actually go to extremes to punish such behaviours or just a simple punishment.

Question 8:
    A game which has modding or non-modding capability? We all know that games which have mods makes its more interesting especially with the modding communities these days in which they even help to keep the game alive.

Question 9:
    What do you think of the so called "pay to win" where a player can buy items over the website/store page for a better advantage within the game?

Question 10:
    Do you prefer a game with more choice and optional content or just the basics? you know World of Warcraft has the Alliance and the Horde, what if there were more options for you too choose from, like 10 different clans/armies?

I will add more in future as more ideas come to mind, I am not making a World of Warcraft game as its mentioned in my examples above, merely its just an example :)

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

Context may be helpful here, because the way these questions could be answered could widely vary depending on, well... a lot of things. My assumption is you're asking about MMO-type games, which I actively avoid, but will provide my opinion on nonetheless.

Every single one of these questions is not only a matter of opinion, but something that doesn't work as generalized answers, I think. Should it be difficult or easy? Should you have to walk far or teleport? Can you pay to win? More options or less? These are all things your game's design would have to decide. What works in one game may not work in another, and players may prefer one system in Game A, but a different one in Game B.

DarkXess likes this.
  3. dogmachris

dogmachris

Answer 1:
    Difficult

Answer 2:
    Close to where I lost - I hate spending time just getting from A to B

Answer 3:
    Lose nothing and just respawn to a set location - don't punish dying - reward surviving!

Answer 4:
    Two or max. three minutes - if your scenes are not the best, mankind has ever known, every additional minute would be boring to me.

Answer 5:
    Honestly I'm not a friend of toooo much realism - what next? Ingame dying of cancer? - Parkinson in an FPS game, could make for quite a challenge, but you could aswell name it an aiming handicap in the options for extremely u̶n̶e̶m̶p̶l̶o̶y̶e̶d̶ skilled players.

Answer 6:
    More difficult - less time consuming.

Answer 7:
    If it's single player only, let them cheat 'n hack until their balls drop off - if it's multiplayer, punishment can't be severe enough, and they'll still be trying to cheat.

Answer 8:
    Don't care, never use this kind of stuff.

Answer 9:
    Best players die, richest player wins - what do you think, is my opinion on that?

Answer 10:
    Don't really understand the question, sorry.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    DarkXess likes this.
  4. illjuicebox

illjuicebox

Unity Technologies

I started answering these, but like @Schneider21 said, there is no context for any of your questions! You should include more information

5. DarkXess

DarkXess

I understand your point your point mate and duly noted, thanks :)

It's just basic question to anyone that can answer how it is right now. A simple answer to the questions will let me see what the game actually prefers, I know that not every gamer is the same and they all have different preferences where as I would look at the numbers to see what I can finally go with later - if there are enough that is.

This question: will you rather walk or have portals? in your opinion which would you like most? there are no other options to it, just as simple as the question is asked is how I want the answer :)

@dogmachris exactly what I was after, thanks :)

As for the 10th question, well if you played World of Warcraft or another example lets say Counter Strike then with both games you only have 2 factions, Horde vs Alliance, and Terrorists vs Counter-Terrorists. Would you like more factions and options in the game or...?

You can always ask more mate and like I said to @Schneider21 its really a simple answer I am wanting, feel free to ask further of certain questions if you like :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  6. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Question 1:
    Yes

Question 2:
    Yes

Question 3:
    Yes

Question 4:
    0 minutes to 4 billion years

Question 5:
    Yes

Question 6:
    Yes

Question 7:
    Execution

Question 8:
    Yes

Question 9:
    They suck

Question 10:
    Yes

DarkXess likes this.
  7. neginfinity

neginfinity

Which genre? MMO?

Q1.. Q7, Q10: depends on the game and genre.

Q7: Long ban (a year), lifetime ban or launch nukes.

Q8: No modding capabilities.

Q9: Deeply negative opinion about pay to win. Won't play a game if there's even a hint of pay to win system.

DarkXess likes this.
  8. DarkXess

DarkXess

We can say its an MMO style genre yes :)

My I ask why you would not want modding capabilities? and about the PTO option, what if it was a game where you could buy items but it doesn't effect your skills/power etc? for example you start the game with a blue t-shirt and you can buy a black t-shirt which is cooler on our store, a micro-transaction we can say, what do you think? :)