Search Unity

Games with the best low fantasy combat visuals?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frosted, May 29, 2016.

1. Martin_H

Martin_H

Sorry, can't think of any. Since there aren't many games that have gone for that kind of aesthetic, I think there might be some techniques that just haven't been "discovered" (I'm sure pretty much everything of that has already been tried somewhere by someone, but it might not have been used in a popular AAA release) yet. Have you looked at Batman Arkham Knight yet? Seems like they do the refraction thing I mentioned:

frosted likes this.
  2. Kondor0

Kondor0

Does someone mentioned Kingdom Come Deliverance? its not fantasy but more realistic/medieval though:

If you are looking for a more unique style for your game instead of just better graphics maybe you could try to take inspiration from a different culture instead of going with the old european/british fantasy style.

EDIT: also For Honor!

OCASM and frosted like this.
  3. tiggus

tiggus

Didn't read the whole thread to see if someone mentioned it but Mount & Blade is always a good one. In general I would look up any medieval themed game for low fantasy.

frosted likes this.
  4. tiggus

tiggus

How could I forget, Age of Conan = most game hours I've ever logged in a game. It is mainly based on the awesome melee combat of all things. You have directional attacks and combos, and even better you can adjust your shielding either left, right, or up to counter enemy attacks.

Take a look at good melee combat video of Age of Conan and I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better example of great melee combat that pops.

Here is a unfortunately low fidelity youtube video explaining how the combat works, will see if I can find a high resolution example of what it actually looks like in game. Or you can download the game for free, it's still running, and pick one of the melee classes.

frosted likes this.