Search Unity

Game Pirating

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by tookydo, Apr 1, 2015.

1. tookydo

tookydo

So I am almost done with this game. If I were to put it up on my website, how could I stop people from buying it once then giving to all of there friends. I was thinking to do a system where in game when they create an account(that they need to get into the game) they will have to pay to actually the create the account. Sort of like how Minecraft handles it, where you essentially pay for the account not the game itself. Is there a simple and free way I could maybe stop something like this from happening? Or will I have to find a service that will allow me to have in app purchases in my game. Keep in mind I am developing this for the PC platform.

2. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

Piracy is a big problem if u even made a system like this then also people my manage to crack the game or even use someone else save file. What you can do if it is supported in unity is that you take the ip of player every time he logs in. then match the ip of last login and current login. if it matches it means that the game is running on same pc. you can store ip data online in account and if player wants to move his account you can add a option to do this in your website and change the last ip to the current device the player is using and block the old one. hope this helps I am not sure

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Whatever you do, don't inconvenience your actual customers. DRM sucks for everyone except the pirates, because they're going to remove it anyway, and they weren't going to buy a thing in the first place.

I wouldn't buy a game that would require me to register and log in anywhere to play it.

Focus on increasing sales from those with actual money to spend, instead of those without.

Graham-Dunnett likes this.