Search Unity

[WIP] Game of Soul

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Polak149, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Polak149

Polak149

Since around two years, polish studio - "Pod Smoczym Diamentem" (trans. "Under the Dragon Diamond") - is working on their first official video game, that will be released on PC platforms. Game of Souls, because that is the name of this position, has to be described as survival horror. Player is going to play as himself, more precisely, as his own soul, that closed in hellish maze, must deal with lots of dangers and resolve the dark secret of his prison, called once the Vestibule of Heaven. Can you stand against 7 Deadly Sins, that consumed even the holiest? Remember... Each defeat will take us part of our soul and the only way to retrieve our freedom, is to find way out from maze. Remember! Simple turn of game won't work. Once you start playing, you will have to win, or get lost forever. Will you risk your own soul?

For now, two people are working on Game of Soul. Marcin Iwaniec - creator of project, programmer and story writer, and Mikołaj Kurpis - music composer and sound artist. With 2D graphics, help us Anna Wodzisz.

Official site: http://www.gameofsoul.com/

Screen's:

For now, development of the game is still in progress. Release is planned for 2015.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  2. Ra1den

Ra1den

I see a lot of Dark souls in this! :D

Nice environments, I'm guessing you're gonna add some sort of punishment for dying in the game right? :p

3. Polak149

Polak149

When you mentioned this, Game of Soul in fact looks like Dark Souls on some layer :). Even the difficulty is similar!

You have right. After each death, game will be more murky, harder to beat and more wierd events will appear. But there is still long way for me, before i begine programm that element.

4. zenGarden

zenGarden

I don't see the interest here, are you sure ?
    Darks souls is already hard and you'll have to find best items to be able to compete against ennemies. dying only drops your earned souls but you could regain them.
    If your game is very hard ,and eash time we loose it's even harder, i think nobody will be able to play it a lot :)

5. Polak149

Polak149

Well, if you are going to fight with all encountered monsters in game, then yes, it's imposible to beat. In Game of Soul is all about patience. Sword is only as a last resort, because i wanted to create climate of nervousness and uncertainty. But really everything will turn out as I release playable version. I need feedbacks to precisly direct my game.

6. zenGarden

zenGarden

I sense a borring , very stressing game : i'll pass. I would like to test in a webplayer.

7. Polak149

Polak149

Who likes what. I love psychological horrors ^^. About webplayer wersion - I will publish it when it will be something to play. For sure i will post about it in here :)

8. 0tacun

0tacun

In Dark Souls the items didn't matter much, you needed to know your enemy types and a fair amount of skill.

I like the atmosphere of your game very much, the sword attack animation reminded me of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (great game with good combat). I like your idea that a sword fight will be a climax in your game, I hope you implement a very cool combat system for that.

I disliked the ability to fly, it looked very chaotic fighting enemies while flying.

Anyways keep it up!

9. zenGarden

zenGarden

Rings for protection, fast energy regain etc ... make the game less impossible, like better armors and weapons, but i agree you need to know ennemies patterns and weakness to progress throught the game.

I also prefer non flying combat, perhaps flying should be kept for some level areas allowing that like wind up zones or magic areas, and purpose would be exploration and reaching other areas only.

The lava fall feels inconsistent , more water like than solid lava. perhaps you should keep polygon model with texture lava UV shifting.

Your lightening is too dark , some areas seems more clear, but many are full black, like your videos on youtube, it was two dark and hard to distinguish ennemies also. Some brighter directionnal light would help, like dark souls game its not full dark and dark places have lights or glowing plants and self illumination things.

Your site is great and totally in same design as your game, good job.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  10. Polak149

Polak149

Thanks for feedback. I'm gonna seriously think about walking.

About light, sound, visual effects and everything else - yes, i need to calibrate them all but i'm gonna do that at the end, so the will match the game perfectly.