Search Unity

Game is preventing the lock screen from appearing

Discussion in 'Android' started by GermyGames, Oct 17, 2013.

1. GermyGames

GermyGames

I'm running into an issue where the lock screen won't appear at all while my game is running on a device. If I hit the power button to put the device to sleep, pressing it again will immediately take me to the game instead of showing the lock screen. The same goes for when the device goes to sleep normally.

Is there some sort of setting that could cause this to happen? I've already made sure that I'm not requesting the wake lock permission in the manifest. It's pretty frustrating :neutral:

2. Agent_007

Agent_007

Do you have any plugins that might alter the manifest?

3. Deathbyhugs

Deathbyhugs

I am having the same problem i make sure wake lock is not in permissions Application.runInBackground is false but i never see the lock screen just right back to my app. Help please!

4. bitter

bitter

Unity Technologies

If you are in "Development Mode" this is the default behavior of the application.

Gazu, chrismarch, wu_nan_nan and 5 others like this.
  5. NathanWarden

NathanWarden

I know this is a very old thread, but it's also the first one to come up in a search. Is there a way to disable this behavior?

When the game plays ads instead of showing the ad it shows the lock screen and ends up giving us lots of bug reports from our playtesters. We need these builds to be dev builds, but also be as close to release in behavior as possible. Thanks! :)

Katunator and Donghun-Lim like this.
  6. Katunator

Katunator

Hi! Have the same issue, but after lock screen ad starts working and all is ok. May be you have found the answer? Would be cool :)

7. santhosh_kumar_15

santhosh_kumar_15

if i press the power button mobile went to sleep if i press again it directly get me into game its bypassing mobile lock i want to lock the mobile if user press the power button any way plz?

8. Katunator

Katunator

Sorry, but we don't have such a problem, our problem was described a post above :)