Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Freezing in Splash Screen

Discussion in 'Android' started by Plus5Games, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Plus5Games

Plus5Games

Hi,

We've built and released a game for Android, but we are having reports from some users that they are getting stuck in the splash screen. Initially we thought that users were getting stuck in a connecting phase to Google Play services, but upon further investigation this is not the case. This seems to be happening on older devices (S3 w/ Android 4.4, LG Optimus w/ Android 4.0.3, Nexus 5 w/ Android 6.0) and we're having a really tough time reproducing this issue in house. Several devices are working as intended (S3, S6, Galaxy Tab A, Tab S, Moto X), and all devices have the same APK version and OBB expansion file.

From what we can see on one of our devices - the app is launched, but none of the Unity processes start to happen, the activity times out, and then we're stuck.

Here's some of the LogCat info from the LG Optimus where start up freezes:

Versus this LogCat info from the S6 where start up is successful:

I've read through a lot of info through the forums of things to try, like checking the Android Manifest for out of place permissions. We're using a few plugins (PlayMaker, OBB Downloader, Stan's Assets Ultimate Mobile). The only other thing I can think of is that the .OBB file is not downloading automatically, but we've even tried to force download the .OBB file and have had no success.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

2. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

That's strange... It's like something's making the app hang on starting. Give me a moment, I think there is a way of grabbing the player log from the system somewhere. (would have to search the docs)