Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

game crash immediately after build, Internal-ErrorShader could not be loaded from the resource file

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Astral14, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Astral14

Astral14

After updating to 4.5.2 any game, including the games I had developed before without any issues will immediately crash when I build and run that game on my android device. The logcat gives me this error,

E/Unity (17831): The resource Internal-ErrorShader.shader could not be loaded from the resource file!
    E/Unity (17831): (Filename: ./Runtime/Misc/ResourceManager.cpp Line: 1115)

Even if I create a new project with just an image file in the scene and than build and run that scene it will still crash on my device and give this error even though I'm not using any shader in my scene. Still I created a Resources Folder (Assets/Resources) and than placed the Internal-ErrorShader.shader in that Rescources folder so that this shader will be included in the build (we can find this shader in built in shader package) However when I build and run the scene it will immediately crash on my device and give the same error- The resource Internal-ErrorShader.shader could not be loaded from the resource file!

I did try to replace the unity default resource file with the one from earlier versions of Unity but that did not work either.

When I downgrade it back to Unity 4.3.4 than I do not get this Internal-ErrorShader error and the game will run on my android device. Can anybody please help me with this and tell me how to get rid of this error? I do not wish to keep using the Unity 4.3.4 since the new unity update is really cool except ofcourse the above error.

2. Mycroft

Mycroft

I have the same issue
    What (if any) plugins are you using?

I'm using the Prime31 support for GooglePlayServices and one called Unibill. Do ether of these match up to something you're using?

3. Astral14

Astral14

Hi,

The issue isn't because of the plugin, I got this error "The resource Internal-ErrorShader.shader could not be loaded from the resource file!" after updating to latest Unity version and I think its because I use Vista. If I uninstall Unity and than install it, build the game and deploy it on android than the game will run, it won't crash. However if I close unity and restart it than I get the same error when I build and deploy game on android. Are you also using Vista?

4. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

In my case, I load one of my shader by script when the game start. It crashes when I build to iOS, but it works perfectly on another platform build.
    Later I found out on due to the optimization of mobile built issue that I have to put that shader to Resources folder, then that shader will included in the build file. Since than everything works fine.

I believe your error message basically is missing the required shader file in Resources folder to load when the game start. Hope it helps.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  5. Astral14

Astral14

I did create Resources folder and put the shaders in there but it doesn't work. Unity moderators here are aware of my problem, I think the latest Unity version does not support vista.

6. Mycroft

Mycroft

Have you had any luck with this issue?

I'm about to roll-back to an earlier version of Unity to allow my Android build to complete again.

7. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

Was there ever a fix for this issue? I'm having this issue with a WebGL build in Unity 5.1.0f3.

8. Linck

Linck