Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Controller that works with Unity.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Calixto, Sep 16, 2012.

1. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

That is great news guavaman. I have started looking at the documentation too. I will PM shortly.

2. guavaman

guavaman

So the long wait is finally over! Rewired is now live on the Unity Asset Store. I put a ton of work into this over the past 4 months, so I hope it helps a bunch of people finally get a handle on input and make great games!

Rewired is an advanced input system that completely redefines how you work with input, giving you an unprecedented level of control over one of the most important components of your game. It is cross-platform, player-centric input system with many advanced features such as Intelligent Hot-Plugging, frame-rate independent input, controller maps, a full editor GUI, saving/loading data via XML, named controller elements, support for 32 axes and 128 buttons (on Windows and OSX), and much more.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    peonso likes this.
  3. aitchest-of-dees

aitchest-of-dees

4. tamberlain

tamberlain

This looks fantastic, guavaman! Thanks very much for all your hard work! You're a life saver.

5. guavaman

guavaman

Thanks guys!

6. winxalex

winxalex

You can use any controller imaginable with http://unity3de.blogspot.com/2014/06/unity-input-manger-pain-is-spreading.html

7. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

sorry for the late, late reply, as your tool is on the asset store, I can test all I want :D

8. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

it was announced* for 5.x, hopefully it wont be delayed to 6.x, early versions of 4.x are way too old now

guavaman likes this.
  9. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Only necroing this because... for some reason, I never received any notification for this!
    Anyway, the bugs weren't with getting it setup, it was more "sonic keeps sidestepping on his own!"
    that was linked back to the stupid Xinput APIs interfering with DirectInput controllers (I was able to fix this by using Xbox 360 Controller Emulator, which tricks the game into thinking my gamepad's an Xinput pad

EDIT: Also, I found hot-plugging works in Windows builds now. :)

10. omarboss

omarboss

How do use use an N64 controller for unity

11. Shaba1

Shaba1

that first url www.motionjoy.com gets blocked by my AVG antivirus. Just letting you know.