Search Unity

[GAME][Android][IOS][FREE] Knock the Flags! 49+ LEVELS 3D Cannon shooter awesome physics addictive!!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Sempiternal, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Sempiternal

Sempiternal

Hi everyone I would like to introduce my first game called Knock The Flags, if you are a fan of Angry Birds or Can Knockdown you will most likely like this game!

The android version is currently out and requires Jellybeans 4.1+. The iOS version will be out soon.

Knock the Flags is a simple physics based game that requires the player to cause flags perched on top of blocks to tumble down and touch the ground. Sounds easy right? Well it’s not! As you progress through KTF’s 50 starting levels you will notice you will be progressively challenged by new and intricate scenarios! And you WON'T have to worry about any silly microtransactions or IAPs!

KTF is all about choice. As you progress further you will unlock new cannon balls and encounter different blocks with their own special traits and attributes. You are given a certain amount of ammo in each level, but how you use that ammo is up to you! Do you want to collapse those blocks with flags by hitting a weak point with the Mega Ball or do you want to try going directly for the double flag knockdown with a well placed hit from the Standard Ball? The choice is yours!

For the ultimate challenge try achieving 3 gold cannon balls on each level! You can achieve 3 gold balls by having 3 or more ammo remaining. Two ammo remaining gives you two gold balls, and 1 ammo remaining gives you one gold ball.

We appreciate all feedback and suggestions! Please report any issues and we will fix it as soon as possible!

Game link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Sempiternal.KTF_Full

Also if you have time please give us a review on google play!

Like our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sempiternal-Studios/247438805379844?ref=hl

Follow on us twitter and instagram!

https://twitter.com/SempiternalStud

http://instagram.com/sempiternalstudios

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  2. AdamAndersson

AdamAndersson

Hey!

Congratulions finishing a game, that is awesome :) The idea and concept are really nice and it got potenial!

Some stuff that I thought about playing your game:

1) The canon is really big and it covers the flags/blocks that you are trying to aim for, which is really annoying. Is it possible to make it smaller in some way?

2) After you fire and the camera follows the ball there are some rendering issues with the grass. It seems to flicker. Nothing big, but some thing I noticed.

Anyway, awesome game and keep up the good work!

3. Sempiternal

Sempiternal

Thanks Adam we appreciate it!

1. It is possible to make it smaller not hard at all we were not sure whether a big cannon would add to the nuisance or add to the challenge but we went with it anyway, but if it is a nuisance instead of a challenge it could definitely be tweaked.

2. A permanent fix to this is to go to the pause menu and tab through all the graphics options until you arrive back at graphics setting "advanced". For some reason medium and advanced graphics both turn on at the same time on certain phones.

If I can ask how is performance on your phone?

4. BeatleKing07

BeatleKing07

Hi Sempiternal I am new to Unity and I am impressed with what people are able to do with it on mobile phones that being said I have to say congratulations on your first game I like it! I don't normally get involved with forums but in this case I wanted to because this game caught my attention. Plus I might need help in my games too later.

I definitely see potention with this game the concept is sick and simple after two hours I am finally on level 18 it is very addictive!

Some things I wanted to point out though.

1. I disagree with the other guy saying the cannon being big is a nuisance. I personally think it adds to the challenge because I actually have to take time to aim a good shot instead of just being given the shot do you know what I am saying?

2. I actually also had issues with the grass rendering but when I changed the graphics options back to advanced it worked like a charm! Not a big issue but it did tweak me out the first time!

3. I don't know if this is part of the game or not, I assume not, but on levels 7-10 it appears as though all the blocks are floating about a foot off the ground? And when I shoot a ball and the ball rolls it also rolls a foot off the ground. Again not a big issue something I wanted to point it.

4. On the market it says Flag Knockdown but here and in-game Knock The Flags? Also I had to search Sempiternal to find this game it didn't show up using the titles, perhaps because it is new. I don't have a grip about the name, I just want to know what it's called so I can tell my friends to hop on.

Other than that this game is awesome I would have gladly paid a buck or two for it you are very generous to have it for free! I assume you will be at some point implementing ads? I hope you do because you deserve some cash, ill click ads for you haha.

Best of luck Sempiternal! I will continue playing and give a review on Google Play soon.

5. Sempiternal

Sempiternal

Thanks Beatle! Unity is definitely worth it I highly recommend you stick with it if you are serious about mobile game development! Best of luck to you.

1. As stated before we weren't really sure whether it would be a nuisance or challenge this is one issue we are currently discussing.

2. Glad it worked! Again this is a persistent issue and we are trying to figure out what exactly is causing it to act weird like that.

3. Thank you so much for pointing that out! We fixed the issue on these levels and have uploaded a new APK on the market. Look out soon for an update.

4. Knock The Flags is the correct title I don't know why it says that but it should update

We are looking into implementing interstitial ads however we don't plan to go overboard. These ads will not affect gameplay and we will most likely only have these ads play when you win/lose.

We are also working on a promo video that should be up soon as well.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope our game keeps you entertained!

6. Sempiternal

Sempiternal

Promo video now up!

7. Sempiternal

Sempiternal

Updated game to version 1.0.6. Pinch to zoom for the flycam and ballcam works properly now. Framework for Facebook has been implemented. Soon you will be able to invite your friends to download this game.

8. Sempiternal

Sempiternal

V1.0.7 has been published:

- Facebook login has been implemented, although you won't be able to invite friends until Facebook approves my app on their developer console.

- Fixed a rare glitch that causes the lost menu and win menu to pop up at the same time when both ammo is at 0 and flag count is at 0.

- Removed interstitial ad from beginning of each level, reduced frequency of ad showings when you beat or fail a level.

- Added Google Analytics.

- Delayed the lost menu by 4 seconds when you run out of ammo. You now have around a 12 second window from the moment you shoot your last shot to get that last flag on the ground. I did this because your last shot may hit a block that will not topple in time and drop that pesky last flag, originally I had it at 8 seconds but found that it was borderline on time in those situations.

**Outstanding issues**

We still can't figure out what causes the texture pop in glitch upon first time playing the game. Again, a simple permanent fix to this is to just change in-game graphics setting. For some reason it gets fixed as soon as you change up the graphics.

We are currently in the process of porting this over to iOS. Hopefully by next Sunday it will be out on the apple store.

9. Sempiternal

Sempiternal

V1.0.8 has been published, the annoying glitch with the texture pop in for newcomers has been fixed. (I'm so stupid I can't believe it was such a simple fix -.-)

Some people have also complained about not being able to see where the ball is going because by default it shows the ball from a top down view. Since day 1 I have added the ability to look around and see where the ball is going by simply swiping around the screen but apparently people haven't tried this so I made changes to the level 1 ball by adding a helpful hint about it.

10. Sempiternal

Sempiternal

Hey all, I have been experimenting with a see through feature that basically allows blocks and flags to be visible even with the cannon in the way. I have had a couple people give negative feedback because the cannon gets in the way so I first tried re sizing the cannon which made things look goofy and then I tried various camera angles and that didn't get the result I wanted. I devised a way to keep the cannon the same while at the same time giving clear visibility to targets.

I am thinking of adding in two difficulty's, easy and regular mode. With easy mode you can have targets be visible through the cannon, and with regular mode the see through feature is turned off. My only worry is that people may stick to easy mode, not that I care but it might make the game too easy!

This is what I am talking about:

No see through

non_see_through.png

See through
    see_through.png

Thoughts? Opinions? If I can get some solid feedback on this issue asap I can get it all worked out by the end of this week.

11. Sempiternal

Sempiternal

V1.0.9 has just been published! I added in difficulty settings "easy", "regular". Easy mode enables the see through feature pictured above, whereas regular mode turns off this feature. I think after a couple levels you probably won't need to be on easy mode since you will get the hang of the physics, but nevertheless it is there for all levels for your convenience.

I also cleaned up some code and reduced file size. Hopefully in the next update I will have 50 more levels and some other goodies.

12. Ferkhat

Ferkhat

This game is a pretty cool game. Congratulations on your first (but hopefully not last) release. Keep the great ideas coming.

13. Sempiternal

Sempiternal

Thanks Ferkhat :D We definitely will!!

14. Sempiternal

Sempiternal

V1.1.2 has been published to market. Ads have been reduced by 50% and Facebook features have been removed because there is a bug with the Facebook SDK that currently won't allow it work. Some code has also been optimized.

15. Sempiternal

Sempiternal

V1.1.3 has been published I reduced ads some more along with general performance boost. I also added link on main menu level to rate game if you choose to do so.