Search Unity

Gambling License - Automaticaly upgraded to new Unity version?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kristof_Newfort, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Kristof_Newfort

Kristof_Newfort

Hi

I have some questions about the gambling license I can't find on the forums or the website:
    When you have a Gambling License is it just another license like when you buy, for instance, Android Pro or does this mean that you are automaticaly upgraded to the newest version of Unity (Unity 5 for example)? Because, like many people are mentioning, the license costs a lot of money and you would expect something that is worth the money.

Also, do you get beta versions? Because on the gambling page of Unity, it states that they can provide you with onsite architecture development assistance. (http://unity3d.com/industries/gambling). And the blog says: we provide professional gambling developers the technology and assistance they need to create ... etc. (http://blogs.unity3d.com/2012/12/04/unity-and-gambling/) So, does this means that you get an beta update when you find a bug and need it fixed quickly or even a beta for a new update like 4.6 or upgrade like 5.0?

I hope someone can help me with these question.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Archania

Archania

I would suggest you email unity themselves and ask. It might get you an answer quicker then posting on a forum.

3. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Yeah, I'd ask your sales rep. My guess is that in general your license behaves similarly to regular Pro licenses, but it may also be that you'll see new versions a little later than everyone else because it takes a bit of time to do the regulatory approval/verification stuff.

4. Kristof_Newfort

Kristof_Newfort

Ok, thanks Guys

Thought I post it here, maybe someone already knew the answers to this.
    Also, maybe other people would like to know the answers.

I'll contact them through mail then :)