Search Unity

GALAXY-X

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by XCO, Feb 3, 2015.

1. XCO

XCO

Hey please check out my new game GALAXY-X. It is a Space Shooter that plays a lot like SUPER STARDUST HD on the PS3.

Features:

- Galaxy-X is different than other SPACE SHOOTERS because of it's unique "REVOLVING GAME PLAY"
    - HIGH DEFINITION graphics and Unique Gameplay make Galaxy-X a fun and cosmic experience
    - Explore 7 Different Galaxies each one with unique enemies and a unique LOOK!
    - Over 60 Rounds of Exciting HD gameplay with tons of Collectables!
    - Completely FREE TO PLAY
    - Campaign Mode - Clear All 7 galaxies and Earn Rewards along the way!
    - 5 Different Ships to Collect with OVER a DOZEN different Skins to Collect for them!
    - 7 Different Achievements to Unlock!
    - Survival Mode with ONLINE LEADER BOARDS, Test your Skills against the world (You must complete Campaign mode in order to unlock Survival Mode)

E39pic1.jpg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xcogames.GX

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/galaxy-x/id953208827?ls=1&mt=8

www.xcogames.com

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    OboShape and RoyalCoder like this.
  2. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

How about a webplayer version so people who don't have devices can try it out? The only things that stand out to me as issues are a lack of HUD/any indication of player scoring/time AND the art style being bland/uninteresting (along with blending too easily between objects and environment; too much use of the 'light trail' effects).

3. XCO

XCO

The scoring occurs at the end of each round. I wanted the screen to be free of all that - I get that most games dont do it like that, and I guess maybe people prefer to see the point tally as they play ?

Did you like the revolving gameplay ?

:|

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  4. OboShape

OboShape

i liked and bought Super Stardust on my poor ole ps3 :)

yea, the trails seem excessive IMO.

looks sweet so far bud, i would say, have a look at trying to add the different angle movement rather than locking it.
    if you allow for players to move fully 360 freedom, you lost the feel of being locked and bound in to x and y directions, it can feel constrained and i imagine it may feel restricted in gameplay when it comes to the users ability to move.

keep it up tho, looking real promising, i like the spherical world approach.

XCO likes this.
  5. XCO

XCO

Thanx man :)

6. XCO

XCO

7. XCO

XCO

Some more gameplay Footage of the different worlds! Each world unlocks new content...

OboShape likes this.
  8. RFoster

RFoster

That is really Awesome :D
    Now see, that's the sort of stuff I am trying to figure out lol. Although what i have for models would certainly be WAY more bazaar lol.

XCO likes this.
  9. RFoster

RFoster

Just wanted to mention that I for one do like the lack of screen clutter, and yeah some prefer to see points climb, mainly because it is what most have simply become accustomed to. However on a small screen that would be a bit problematic. One thing that could work is perhaps a small points counter in the bottom left of the screen for those that have the preference and a show or hide points option. Just a thought if you haven't implemented something along those lines..

XCO likes this.
  10. XCO

XCO

Thats actually something I was thinking about doing!! Great Minds think alike :D

But in the end I chose to keep it simple, clean and beautiful!

My video game Hero/Idle is Tomnobo Itagaki the orignal creator of Dead or Alive - When I was young I would read all of his interviews, and he always felt that the graphics and the beauty of the game should come first! Which is why he never used Quick time events, he felt like it took away from the presentation!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015